What are you doing to go on?

Walking away

I thought I would start this thread, as I read Ozgirl request this posting....

For those of us who are going on with our lives with or without the MM, what are you doing in your paths in life?

I am getting back into school (again!), started dating, and I am planning a trip in June to visit some friends. In addition, I have started working out.

And, I feel great. I have myself back. And, to be honest, I had missed the real me....

How about the rest of you? What are you doing to go on with your lives?

I'm catching up on some gardening and work at the allotment. I find that gardening is really therapeutic.... it's the only time I really feel that yeah... life is really good, and I'm at peace.

Apart from that I have a kitchen to decorate.

In keeping with the theme of this post, I am going to be babysitting my one month old g.. g.. g.. granddaughter tonight for the first time and get a few hours of quality time with her. Not think about the fact that I am a gggg grandmother at 46 and celebrate that she is here in our lives. I expect its going to be very uplifting to have her to focus on.

• Author
Walking away

You have a captive audience Movinon.

Explain this concept of a gggg grandmother at 46!?

LOL!

Well my oldest son (20), fell in love last year, they got engaged, THEN she got pregnant, and they got married two weeks later. She also has 2 daughters who are just like granddaughters to me too, so I love them just the same. But this new one made it official. So, that is it in a nutshell. Stuff happens, you know! Just not when you expect it to.

• Author
Walking away

Awesome!

My oldest daughter is 20! I don't see being a grandma happening anytime in the near future for me, but babies do give us a look at a new life!

How appropriate!

Good for you! Enjoy!

lovernotafighter

well I'm something of a narcissist...I don't mean to be but I have to be or I'd fall apart..so for me I walk around like I'm a celebrity and stuff..it's absurd..hell yes!

does it work..hell yes!

I went through all the dieting and tanning, got me a cap and veneer job almost got that sparkle when I smile..it's all covering up my pain in side..but I deserve a award for my acting performance the last couple of months *bows*

seriously I've done everything I can think of to make myself feel better..and truthfully it's only worked 1% ,I'm with you gals but I'm at a lose here.

I work real crappy hours so it's near impossible to back to school which is what I want..I did go to swing dancing class...it was fun but didn't last...auditioned for a play..fun..didn't work out. I've been looking in the paper for a new job,which is what I chiefly need but no one is paying what I'm making.

I went to bar tending school a couple of years ago and thinking of just getting a part time bar job on the weekends..should at least get me around people and I can be as evil as I want to be.

I'd love to hear what everyone doing to help them selves feel better,I'd like to glean what I can from some of the greatest women I've ever seen,thanks ladies :cool:

i'm typing with one hand as my 1 mo. old granddaughter dozes off in my other arm. it doesn't get much better than this. right now we are both at peace with the world and my heart is smiling. :)

Blind Illusion

For those of us who are going on with our lives with or without the MM, what are you doing in your paths in life?

I am getting back into school (again!), started dating, and I am planning a trip in June to visit some friends. In addition, I have started working out.

And, I feel great. I have myself back. And, to be honest, I had missed the real me....

Ok, well, remember I never really officially "ended" things with the MM-it's just that our involvement is a fraction of what it once was. I used to obsess and live from contact to contact but no more (at least nothing like I used to) I really used to be pretty pathetic.

I am going to start yet another diet on Monday (there, I wrote it so hopefully I am more accountable that way). I also plan to return to the gym. It's paid up till june so how stupid is that if I don't go. I was going thourgh this mindset like does it really matter anymore how I look and that is just plain stupid. EVEN FOR ME!!

I would like to also return to Thursday's belly dancing class. That always made me feel good, focused on myself and gave me a sensuality that had nothing to do with the MM.

It's been a busy week for me so I didn't agonize over MM. Unfortunately my husband is home and in his usual horrible form. He makes me miss the MM, believe it or not. I know that sounds like I am blaming him and I don't really want to. Otherwise I am letting other people's actions determine how I feel.

scarletletter

You girls seem to be doing so well and I am so proud of a few of you that I never thought would make it. (I won't mention the few) Keep up the good work....just remember what Ivanna Trump says..."Looking good is the BEST revenge!" Keep up the work outs and belly dancing!!! Best wishes to all of you. Some day I might be here needing all of your support...God, I hope not.

lovernotafighter
You girls seem to be doing so well and I am so proud of a few of you that I never thought would make it. (I won't mention the few) Keep up the good work....just remember what Ivanna Trump says..."Looking good is the BEST revenge!" Keep up the work outs and belly dancing!!! Best wishes to all of you. Some day I might be here needing all of your support...God, I hope not.

well for me in some sense the looking good is great revenge...because we work together he sees men hitting on me allot and it drives him insane.

I think most times it strokes his ego..but there are a few guys I like to talk to and those are the ones that miff him...of coarse for me it's Innocent..but he makes mention of it allot.

the working out is helping allot,it makes me feel good and looking good is bonus.

I just wish I could get this guy out of my mind though..I read allot and that helps in spurts...movies and TV are right out..I've pretty much giving up on those since the start. being out with people is the best..I'll go dancing with the girls from time to time and it's pretty great.

like I said a second job is my next outlet.

Walking Away,

I hope I am welcome too? Not yet walked away, but there is a clock ticking towards a certain date...?

Anyway, to relieve the stress (and to preare for the bitter end?? :rolleyes: ) I have started to look after myself. I am of no use to the world if I am unwell.

I have started cooking for the first time in years. Normally I'd have a sandwich here and an apple there. Now I cook healthy food using ingredients that I never even heard of before! Yummy!

I have started training, in addition to walking my dog. I jog, swim and do yoga.

I have taken up photography as a serious hobby to make me appreciate all the simple beautiful things in live around me. I listen to HAPPY music. I read POSITIVE books.

And yes, I get my hair cut regularly and I exfoliate and moisturise my skin! This "denim girl" has even bought a couple of dresses for this summer and I cannot wait to start slapping on the fake tan! (So, there IS a vain streak in me after all....? But who am I to argue with Ivana Trump??? :lmao: )

I am trying to create a relatively new professional life for myself to take me away from a job that I was not particularly happy with. I find this new possibility stimulating and exciting.

Basically, I make an effort to be NICE to myself and other people around me too!

lovernotafighter
Walking Away,

I hope I am welcome too? Not yet walked away, but there is a clock ticking towards a certain date...?

Anyway, to relieve the stress (and to preare for the bitter end?? :rolleyes: ) I have started to look after myself. I am of no use to the world if I am unwell.

I have started cooking for the first time in years. Normally I'd have a sandwich here and an apple there. Now I cook healthy food using ingredients that I never even heard of before! Yummy!

I have started training, in addition to walking my dog. I jog, swim and do yoga.

I have taken up photography as a serious hobby to make me appreciate all the simple beautiful things in live around me. I listen to HAPPY music. I read POSITIVE books.

And yes, I get my hair cut regularly and I exfoliate and moisturise my skin! This "denim girl" has even bought a couple of dresses for this summer and I cannot wait to start slapping on the fake tan! (So, there IS a vain streak in me after all....? But who am I to argue with Ivana Trump??? :lmao: )

I am trying to create a relatively new professional life for myself to take me away from a job that I was not particularly happy with. I find this new possibility stimulating and exciting.

Basically, I make an effort to be NICE to myself and other people around me too!

bravo Jessie!

sounds like you know how to live well and be kind to your self and everyone around you. I think I love your photography idea...I was thinking I need to take up a serious hobby.

I used to paint and I was thinking of taking that up again...I also used to love to make my own clothes..which might be better for me cause it can really take my mind off things and I'll have something to show for it.

Everybody is welcome. The spirit of this thread is to encourage and uplift and prove to each other that we can have joy in our lives no matter what the situation. And I also like learning more about you girls other than the MM relationship thing, finding other things we have in common, and getting ideas for myself as well.

We need this thread. Keep posting the good stuff!

Photography has always been my biggest hobby, I think. Even if I go out without a camera (which is rare these days as I have a little digital camera), I am framing up views in my mind and wishing I could capture those fleeting moments of sunshine behind the trees. It's like second nature to me... I'm one of those people who is a real pain to walk around with because I'm always stopping and looking at some unusual lighting effect... :cool:

Photography has always been my biggest hobby, I think. Even if I go out without a camera (which is rare these days as I have a little digital camera), I am framing up views in my mind and wishing I could capture those fleeting moments of sunshine behind the trees. It's like second nature to me... I'm one of those people who is a real pain to walk around with because I'm always stopping and looking at some unusual lighting effect... :cool:

LOL! I'm like you, and once my BF and I started hiking, I brought my camera along. There's a place 2 hours away that has 22 waterfalls and he took me there in the Fall. Omigosh! The gorgeous colors. Its about a 4 to 5 hour hike but it took much longer because I kept stopping to take pictures. I've even framed some. And also gaze at the waterfalls and how the water winds through the rocks. Its magical! Don't you just love nature!

LOL yep... you certainly need to take walks with patient people if you're a photographer at heart!!!! I'll spend 20 minutes faffing around somewhere dull just because there is some sun shining through something or other... :rolleyes:

Yes, and the Fall colors with the sun shining through the leaves on the water made for spectacular viewing and photographs.

Ah you see, I see everything in light and shade... colours generally don't do anything for me image-wise (mood-wise they definitely do... but I keep that for interior design).

Hey... this is a GREAT thread. What a fabulous idea! Where IS Oz anyway?

Ah you see, I see everything in light and shade... colours generally don't do anything for me image-wise (mood-wise they definitely do... but I keep that for interior design).

Hey... this is a GREAT thread. What a fabulous idea! Where IS Oz anyway?

I see light and shade also. And I was wondering the same thing about Oz. We need to give her a big thanks for this idea. Perhaps she's on a wonderful weekend and will come back here to share good news.

The big thing that stands out for me about Oz's recent posting was that she said she was "off on one" and would probably regret her earnestness the next day. That struck a chord for me because I've had that feeling more than once... and I just wanted to know she was OK and knew that we've all been through those moments and you know... if people can't love you even though you're sometimes a little nuts... then... they can go to h. :)

Anyway... hurry back OZ... you are missed.

• Author
Walking away

I am glad I posted this thread. Just proves to me how strong we all are and how accomplished we are!

It is good to remind ourselves that we have lives OUTSIDE the MM (or xMM).

I went to a swimming party last night and a few friends of mine and I are going to start up golf lessons this summer!

Keep posting everyone! This is exactly what I needed today!

Big hugs to all of you!

WA

It is good to remind ourselves that we have lives OUTSIDE the MM (or xMM).

Huh... you're not kidding! We came here because of MM problems and now... look... turns out we're pretty fabulous :laugh:

Huh... you're not kidding! We came here because of MM problems and now... look... turns out we're pretty fabulous :laugh:

We were fabulous all along. We just needed to show each other for each other. Otherwise, who else will? Well, family, but, they're not in our situation now, are they.

Hm well I don't have any family as such. Both parents are dead, Dad 5 years, Mum 2. I have one brother, with a wife and 3 children (I'm going to be godmother to their youngest next Sunday). One aunt still living, and her children and grandchildren. That's it.

I keep thinking... if ever I DO get married to MM... it's going to be a really sad wedding. :o