Working With Ex MM

Hello All

As you know, my ex MM & I work for the same company. He is on the 2nd floor, i am on the first, so we don't run into each other that often.

I did run into him 2x last week, but just looked at him & looked away, no words spoken.

I was just wondering is it possible to work in the same buidling as your ex & be able to get over them?

I was thinking about getting another job, but now i feel stronger & am not sure if i want to. I like my job & the people i work with. Its good pay, & its only 1 mile away from my house. I was thinking of moving on but now i'm not sure.

Do any of u work for the same company as your ex & could u get over them completely when u could run into them at any time?

You have to treat this like any other kind of break-up. Just put him OUT of your head and do your best to keep busy at work. What he thinks/feels now isn't your concern - The less you think of him, the less you'll care if you DO run into him.

I mean, wouldn't be impowering for you if all those feelings went away and seeing him or having to talk with him in a professional just didn't matter at all? PUSH yourself to that mind frame.

If you feel you can't do that, then maybe it is time to pursue another job.

Hello All

As you know, my ex MM & I work for the same company. He is on the 2nd floor, i am on the first, so we don't run into each other that often.

I did run into him 2x last week, but just looked at him & looked away, no words spoken.

I was just wondering is it possible to work in the same buidling as your ex & be able to get over them?

I was thinking about getting another job, but now i feel stronger & am not sure if i want to. I like my job & the people i work with. Its good pay, & its only 1 mile away from my house. I was thinking of moving on but now i'm not sure.

Do any of u work for the same company as your ex & could u get over them completely when u could run into them at any time?

Yup.. I worked with my ex-MM. I was the waitress and he was the cook. Same exact shift, had to see him all the time. It was hard at first, but then I was surprised at how easy it was. My situation was a lil different, seeing as how I saw him every single day behind the cook's line. I was forced to interact with him daily. I had people there that helped to support me.. and eventually, I was able to just look at him and not feel anything. I was able to look at hime and say 'What the hell was i thinking?'.. it didn't take long for me to get to that point either. It is possible, you just have to give it some time. If you like your job & the people you work with, don't let him drive you out.

• Author

Yes i like my job & like the people i work with.

I am strong & i know i could get over my MM.

Everyone that i talk to said the same thing u did.

They said in time, u will ask yourself "what the hell was i thinking".

I know this will happen cause everything everyone said was right, in my situation. As much as i hate to admit it, they were all right!!

I think i'll stay at my job & not let him drive me out!

I am in control of my life now, not him!!

Hello All

Ok ex MM just came into my boss's office which is right in front of my desk. Of course he stood by the open blinds right where i could see him.

I shook a bit, but u know what, not as bad as i used to.

I know he's coming down here for me to see him, he doesn't have to see my boss he could always just pick up the phone.

THis is all another game of his. He thinks if i see him , i will break down & call him & give into him.

WELL NOT FOR NOTHING, BUT HE HAS ANOTHER THING COMING IF HE THINKS I'M GONNA CALL HIM. He has a better chance at seeing God!

I am putting myself first from now on!!

I work with my ex also...I have to say it slowed down the healing process and at times i admit reminacing and nasty thought run through my mind BUT then swat that devil off my shoulder and remember all the pain he put me through.