Expectations for Valentine's day?

Do you expect your MM to spend Valentine's day with you?

I've always been alone on Valentine's day so I sent MM a text to see if he wants to spend valentine's day and he hasn't replied

Thoughts?

it's funny, we were just talking about this. for years i sent my mom, my husband, my sisters and the kids valentines and my coworkers were saying they do the same thing.

all that comes to mind is, even tho it ain't Easter, don't put all your eggs in one basket, ever.

have a back up plan.

• Author
Wouldn't he be spending Valentine's day with his wife?

We usually meet during the day so I guess he'll spend with his wife in the evening

Usually got together the day before. That's why it's called "Mistress Day."

Exactly. Just ask any restaurant owner and they'll tell you the day before and the day after V-day is just as busy because all the MM are taking their mistresses out to celebrate on those days!

• Like 4
Onlywhenitrains

Never really I cared about the Valentine's Day.

When we were together in the A, we did spend it together. It didn't seam it meant much to him either.

It's just one day a year. Over-hyped in our consumer society.

Always thought I needed something more in my real relationship. Like, coming back home from an exhausting day and having someone to talk to. Not just on Valentine's Day, but every day.

Affairs don't provide any of the things relationships between two loving, committed adults do.

• Like 1
unconditionallover

I don't expect it but this year he has asked me to have dinner with him and spend a few hours together. Normally I don't do anything for valentines day and I never do gifts or flowers etc

I don't expect it but this year he has asked me to have dinner with him and spend a few hours together. Normally I don't do anything for valentines day and I never do gifts or flowers etc

You should expect to have a lover who will be available to spend the whole night and next day with you.

NEVER settle for a few hours.

Poppy.

• Like 1
unconditionallover
You should expect to have a lover who will be available to spend the whole night and next day with you.

NEVER settle for a few hours.

Poppy.

Haha, that is a sweet thought :) No way would I have that much time to spend with someone. An evening is already a stretch at this point.

I always expected MW's to spend V-day with their family. In fact, just today I suggested one rescind her customary practice of ignoring V-day and do something fun, even if simple and inexpensive. Hope she does.

After many years of the MW stuff and being married I let go of the human property thing. Love freely and without expectation of future results. Today is the result.

Things are probably different for OW's since men are generally the action figures on V-day and women are the recipients, at least in my generation. V-day and Mother's day were for the ladies. The men got Labor Day ;)

Haha, that is a sweet thought :) No way would I have that much time to spend with someone. An evening is already a stretch at this point.

It isn't a sweet thought... it's probably the best advice you will ever get.

Poppy

somanymistakes

Didn't expect anything, got a valentine's card +candy in the mail.

(we are not, and never have been, having a physical affair)