found out he is a player

ive been the other woman for a year now,

but my best friend just started chatting to him on a dating site( they never met)

i know his engaged has been for 4 years but im in shock what i just found out

he told who my best friend that he sort of seeing one that they live together but its not a major relationship and told her the name and gave his fiance name how can she not be a major relationship

but thing thats confusing me when she asked anyone else your seeing and what you looking for on here

one he never mentioned me and saying hes not seeing anyone else part from person he lives with

2 he said he looking for open to suggestions and asked her meet up for regular sex she not told him who she is yet

he was texting me yesterday saying works been busy and hope you ok etc

questions i like to know is

1 yes im not going text him no more dont no if even notice ive not contacted him as i usually initiate them, do you think he notice

2 why say about his fiance but hide hes sleeping with me

I'm sorry Louis7, what a hurtful thing to happen.

I'm happy you are not going to text him anymore. He'll probably notice a lack of texts from you, but whether he does anything about it or not is another thing, especially if he's filling up his time finding other women on dating sites. After a year seeing you he may think it's best to cool things off with you to avoid having to deal with you wanting more from him and maybe exposing him to his fiance.

His admitting the existence of the fiance, even though he's lying about the real nature of their relationship, is because if another woman does even the slightest "research" it could reveal he lives with a woman. He doesn't have to admit you because you probably keep your relationship hidden. Most women aren't interested in getting to know a guy involved with other women so he's making himself appear available.

• Author

thankyou

everytime i try leave him he made excuses up like busy or illness

but he has not drifted from his communication with me, but soon as i say i wont do this anymore hope u have good future hes there babe this and babe that

like he dont really want me but dont want me going either hes confusing

• Like 1

It isn't confusing. A universal rule for married OM is that it is easier to keep the current A going than it is to find, groom and seduce a new AP.

Which doesn't mean he's not looking for new opportunities. You know

For certain that he is. Which he is IMHO able to completely compartmentalize.

Ghost him. Don't talk or text or have any face to face

with him. Don't let him fill spaces in your head.

I'm not sure why you're surprised....a cheater is lining up another other woman to cheat with.

Block him and find a single man.

• Like 5

It's because he really doesn't see you as part of his life. He thinks of you as another one of his FWBs. He is obviously bored and looking for someone else to play with on the side while still being engaged to his girl. This has heartbreak written all over it for you and if you're smart you will end it.

• Like 2
  • Author

i have tried to end it as that's what i thought to maybe his bored with me

but he starts making excuses if i try to leave him and move on saying works busy or hes ill or his kids been in hospital

He’s probably married not engaged. But little does he know that that won’t make a difference. Some women will still drink the koolaid.

Or maybe he thinks that when he’s ready to stop cheating he can just tell all his side women that he’s gotten married now so this needs to stop goodbye.

• Author
He isn't stopping you from moving on from this affair, you are. Find your strength and end it.

ok so why does he start texting when i try to end it. making excuses up that he sorry hes just been busy and loves me etc

ok so why does he start texting when i try to end it. making excuses up that he sorry hes just been busy and loves me etc

I will tell you the same thing I have told other ow on here.

If you want to know what kind of behavior he is capable of, forget about his words to you and try taking an objective look at how he treats his wife/fiance/whatever she is to him.

More than likely, she is just an average person, same as you. She's going about her life thinking she can trust him, he loves her, he wouldn't cheat on her.

Does she deserve to be cheated on, to have him go behind her back, to treat her like crap without her even knowing it? Of course not...ad yet he does it anyway.

He treats her like crap, goes behind her back and cheats on her. If he will do it to her, what on god's green earth makes you think he won't do it to you too? His words are worthless.

All this being said, you know who and what he is. At some point, you being with him becomes a choice you are making. All the excuses don't change that. Ask yourself this. If he was being physically cruel to you, would you stay and keep asking him to hit you again, again and again or would you pluck up your strength and tell him to shove it? If you won't put up with being physically hurt, why do you endure the emotional hurt? Aren't you worth more than this?

• Author

yes i understand what your saying i was in a dv relationship for yrs before he came along

but just wanted figure out why if looking for others now and if bored with me why will he not let me go as i thought i give him easier option by saying its over

as maybe that's what he wanted but he starts texting making excuses to me that's what i'm not understanding

and i have not contacted him for few days now and don't plan too as he has not text me either which i'm used to as i one been initiates the texts

my friends tell me he will make contact when he realises i've not done so

My take on it is that a potential OW would be far less inclined to accept the position of OW #2 if she knows he already has a primary partner and an OW #1 (or even a primary partner and a friend-with-so-called-benefits).

If he can sell potential OW's on the fact that his primary relationship is terrible, that his primary partner "doesn't love him" or that their relationship is "just about over" then she might be much more willing to take up the helm of being the OW... but if he mentions OW #1, the potential OW will know he is simply a lying cake-eater.

Thus, he didn't mention you, Louis7, because mentioning you doesn't fit his poor and helpless married man narrative.

That's my take.

Edited by Vivir
  • Like 4

He likes variety..so that includes you and several others if he chooses.

While you and the rest of his harem are okay with the role you play...he'll take that and lap it up.

yes i understand what your saying i was in a dv relationship for yrs before he came along

but just wanted figure out why if looking for others now and if bored with me why will he not let me go as i thought i give him easier option by saying its over

as maybe that's what he wanted but he starts texting making excuses to me that's what i'm not understanding

and i have not contacted him for few days now and don't plan too as he has not text me either which i'm used to as i one been initiates the texts

my friends tell me he will make contact when he realises i've not done so

You ask why he won't let you go yet you admit to initiating texts to him and waiting around for his response. Why don't you take control of your life and stop contacting him then block him from contacting you. You are not some animal on a leash.

• Like 1
Grapesofwrath

He is engaged and lives with a woman, and sees you on the side, and is also on a dating site? Sounds like he does not respect women at all and feels entitled to treat all of you however he wishes.

I agree with above posters who suggest that you stop worrying about what he's doing/why he's doing it. Better to spend your energy figuring out why you allow yourself to be treated in this horrible way. End it with him, as simply as going no contact (he doesn't deserve an explanation) and then blocking him. This relationship is not good for you.