LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

Need positive vibes!

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th November 2017, 12:15 PM   #1
Established Member

Need positive vibes!

Sorry to post another thread, but feeling a little blue today and somewhat needy (yes, I admit it).

Feel like text ex MM but I know it wont make me feel better. Give me strength, please!

Much appreciated!
Scoutjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 12:17 PM   #2
Established Member

Go buy yourself a nice present with the money you won't be spending on him this Christmas!
Old 17th November 2017, 1:21 PM   #3
Established Member

Ha! Weve never exchanged gifts!!
Old 17th November 2017, 1:26 PM   #4
Established Member

Even better!
Now there's no predetermined price limit to adhere to
amaysngrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 2:25 PM   #5
Established Member

Text a couple friends or family members! That always makes me feel better Hugs to you. And you're right, texting the dude will just open up a giant can of worms that will only spiral you down. Be good to yourself, don't do it!
Birdies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 2:27 PM   #6

Don't text him. You will get the temporary high, you will stalk your phone, and then you will feel horrible when he doesn't answer. Hide your phone and distract yourself. Go the the gym or take a walk. Exercise helps change brain chemicals.
Willow Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 2:28 PM   #7

This thread is helping me immensely today. I'm a send button away from texting MM. Don't know what's gotten into me. I was doing great for 9 months NC. Suddenly I'm getting desperate and going nuts!
Hurtinlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 2:46 PM   #8
Established Member

Put your phone away and go hike or exercise. I swear, it works.
deadsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2017, 3:33 PM   #9
Established Member

Thanks everyone. Im at work, and this is the hardest time for me because Im not busy enough!!! Im actively loving king for a new job!
Old 17th November 2017, 6:01 PM   #10
Established Member

I’m sorry you’re having a tough time, too!! I hope I make it to nine months! The only thing keeping me from texting is that I don’t want to start the clock again! It’s been three weeks.
Old 17th November 2017, 10:05 PM   #11
Established Member

I am getting married soon. I have no position on your situation, or the morality of it, but i would like to post.on the subject of effort.

All my workfields have always been majority male. One of the things that is truly inspiring is when a woman comes into the fold and makes her mark. The shine in her eyes is dazzling when she accomplish that what she did not think she could.

It is easy to reach the low hanging fruit, but your shine and sparkle will come from accomplishing the difficult. Doing that which seems impossibly hard.

Try looking at it as a series of accomplishments. 1 week NC, 1 month NC, 1 year NC. Getting thru a trigger. Getting past that one day when the urge is overbearing. Each one is a victory. Dig deep. Do the difficult. Change the way you think and change your life.

Hopefully that was a positive vibe.

Last edited by Cullenbohannon; 17th November 2017 at 10:50 PM..
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2017, 2:26 PM   #12
Established Member

Cullenbohannon

Thank you! Yes, this is very helpful. I am holding strong, and I am looking at it as a series of accomplishments like you said. Next week with be 30 days, then I hope to make it through all of November!
Old 18th November 2017, 5:53 PM   #13
Established Member

When you hit your 30, post about it and have a glass of champagne. When we read it, we will have a cold beer and a shot of tequila on you.

Happy Holidays
Old 18th November 2017, 8:02 PM   #14
Established Member

Challenge accepted!! This really helps!
Old 28th November 2017, 1:07 AM   #15
Established Member

The forum is really dark. We may need to go away. We need some positive vibes
How are you Scout. What are your doing?

Catherine