LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

Strength from others!

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2017, 10:30 AM   #16
Established Member

Good luck scout. You've been to hell and back - but you're still here! And getting stronger and wiser every day. Keep going - it does eventually get easier, but it takes a while. you will get there!

Big (((Jenks hug))) for you.

Proud of you!
jenkins95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 9:03 AM   #17
Established Member

Thank you Jenkins. I had a day-long interview for a job I really want that is in his industry. He's well known in the industry and well regarded so I really wanted to get his insights and thought about texting him, but I held strong!!! Just have to keep it going. It's funny, I used to work with MM and during the course of the interview his name came up. One guy said "yea, he's really smart, but I could never get a read on him." Guess I'm not the only one!! ��
Scoutjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 8:30 PM   #18
Established Member

Good for you for not texting him.

How are you doing, scout? Just checking in
BigBlueSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 9:08 PM   #19
Established Member

Hello Big Blue Sky!

Thank you for checking on me. Today was kind of hard for some reason, not as hard as other days but more difficult than the past few days. I was actually going to post something cause I needed a pep talk. Feeling a bit angry at him. I guess that's a sign I'm not over him yet. Day by day I guess.
Old 14th November 2017, 8:45 AM   #20
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutjr View Post
Hello Big Blue Sky!

Thank you for checking on me. Today was kind of hard for some reason, not as hard as other days but more difficult than the past few days. I was actually going to post something cause I needed a pep talk. Feeling a bit angry at him. I guess that's a sign I'm not over him yet. Day by day I guess.
Hey scout, sorry that you had a hard day yesterday. There are so many ups and downs in healing, especially after you've gone NC. Being angry is normal. There are so many emotions involved in these things. I know it well. Have you been keeping busy? How are things at home?

You're doing great so far. Keep pushing through the bad days and learn from them.
Old 14th November 2017, 12:19 PM   #21
Established Member

Things are ok at home. No intimacy (physical). I guess that ship has sailed. Kind of weird to think MM may be the last person I have sex with. But my husband and I are are getting along ok. We are pretty much friends and co-parents, although he probably doesn’t view that way!

Sometimes I feel like I have no right to be angry. I mean, his wife has a right, but do u ? I don’t know.i guess I just wanted to be treated like a decent human being and not a yesterday’s blue plate special! Thanks for checking in on me.

How are you???
Old 14th November 2017, 2:43 PM   #22
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutjr View Post
Things are ok at home. No intimacy (physical). I guess that ship has sailed. Kind of weird to think MM may be the last person I have sex with. But my husband and I are are getting along ok. We are pretty much friends and co-parents, although he probably doesn’t view that way!

Sometimes I feel like I have no right to be angry. I mean, his wife has a right, but do u ? I don’t know.i guess I just wanted to be treated like a decent human being and not a yesterday’s blue plate special! Thanks for checking in on me.

How are you???
That would be really sad if he was the last person you had sex with. I don't want to ask too many personal details about that, but I really hope that you can work that out with your husband.

I understand that you'd want to be treated with respect and dignity by someone you have a relationship with. Unfortunately with As, that won't always happen. It's so much more messed up and complicated. And then we have to deal with the emotions and fallout as a result.

I am doing ok and keeping up with the NC. I've started to realize a lot of things about myself and shocked at the person that I've become. I have a lot of work to do, realizing that I've been dishonest with so many people on so many levels. It's hard to be here, but it's also where I need to be.

Feel free to PM me anytime and I can share more details. It's tough putting it all out there on the board sometimes although it keeps me in check.
Old 14th November 2017, 8:21 PM   #23
Established Member

I'll PM you. I'd be happy to chat. How long have you been doing NC? Does "A" know you are doing it?