LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

I lied to him.


The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree24Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th October 2017, 6:15 AM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
I lied to him.

I went out with some friends after work the other night and had a great night drinking and dancing. My mm text me whilst I was out and I told him I was at home. I do not know why I lied to him- I just for that moment didn't need to tell him. He usually knows everything about me- where I am, who I am with and I just didn't want to tell him. Why did I behave this way?

I feel so guilty and I know if he finds out I lied to him he will be cross with me.
How do I learn not to be so hard on myself about this-

He lies every day to his wife and family- he has told me historically he will not leave his wife. The affair has been going on many many years now. Still can't let him go even though I am taking steps to try.
Daisychain137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 7:00 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 15
I can't offer a whole lot of advice, Im kind of going through something a little similar. By you trying to take steps, its taking a step in the right direction. Recognizing that a change needs to be made is half the battle.
hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 8:22 AM   #3
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,748
Your post breaks my heart. For an independent young woman give her power over to any man, especially a man who doesn't deserve it... well, that is very sad.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 8:45 AM   #4
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1,366
You're most likely dealing with anger about the situation that has built up and been repressed for years to the point where you lashed out at him with a lie. If you don't break it off with him but just allow the R to play out to its natural end it seems to me it's going to end a lot more badly than if you just broke it off as your lie may be just the beginning of you doing other things to undermine the already untenable situation.
LivingWaterPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 8:53 AM   #5
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisychain137 View Post
I went out with some friends after work the other night and had a great night drinking and dancing. My mm text me whilst I was out and I told him I was at home. I do not know why I lied to him- I just for that moment didn't need to tell him. He usually knows everything about me- where I am, who I am with and I just didn't want to tell him. Why did I behave this way?

I feel so guilty and I know if he finds out I lied to him he will be cross with me.
How do I learn not to be so hard on myself about this-

He lies every day to his wife and family- he has told me historically he will not leave his wife. The affair has been going on many many years now. Still can't let him go even though I am taking steps to try.
Oh dear. The moment you decide you are worth more than just an option is the day that you can break away from him.

Think about it. What do you want out of life?
Do you want a family? a marriage? a father that will be there for your children? maybe just a companion you can travel the world with?

This man isn't it. He hasn't been it for many years, and the longer you choose to remain him the longer these things will be out of your reach.

You have to take steps for real.
Break up, block and delete. Then start a life for yourself, move to a new city or join a new club or get a new job until you can fully move on from him.
You can do this!!
HiCrunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 1:38 PM   #6
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9
Right now he is using the "silent" treatment so guessing he does know. He uses this form of abuse as he knows it upsets me and in his eyes he has control.

I am grateful for the replies- know what I have to do and it's finding the strength to do it. I am worth more than this- something I must start to believe.If I had my chance again I would never get involved with a mm. It's heartbreaking and once you are in the web harder to break free.

I am using this time while he is ignoring me to do some reflection.
Daisychain137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 2:19 PM   #7
Established Member
 
sandylee1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 5,920
This is sad. That you're wasting your life being a man's secret lover... while he gets the status of being a respectable married man.

You only get one life. Imagine for a moment either you or he passes away suddenly... neither could attend the other's funeral with an open declaration of your relationship status ...

It doesn't even have to be that extreme....

Surely you're worth than this?
__________________
'Love is giving someone the power to destroy you, but trusting them not to'
sandylee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 3:19 PM   #8
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisychain137 View Post
Right now he is using the "silent" treatment so guessing he does know. He uses this form of abuse as he knows it upsets me and in his eyes he has control.

I am grateful for the replies- know what I have to do and it's finding the strength to do it. I am worth more than this- something I must start to believe.If I had my chance again I would never get involved with a mm. It's heartbreaking and once you are in the web harder to break free.

I am using this time while he is ignoring me to do some reflection.
Reading this post and your previous post, this guy is manipulative, controlling, and abusive toward you.

You are worth more than this. You may feel "caught in the web" but the good news is, you have the ability to change the situation by making another decision - every single day! Don't waste another day. I would encourage you to go to a women's centre to get some free counselling and support. Like a woman in an abusive relationship, I don't know that you will find the strength to leave without support. Good luck to you.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 3:55 PM   #9
Established Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 57,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisychain137 View Post
Right now he is using the "silent" treatment so guessing he does know. He uses this form of abuse as he knows it upsets me and in his eyes he has control.

I am grateful for the replies- know what I have to do and it's finding the strength to do it. I am worth more than this- something I must start to believe.If I had my chance again I would never get involved with a mm. It's heartbreaking and once you are in the web harder to break free.

I am using this time while he is ignoring me to do some reflection.
How about reflection straight into counseling because you need it so you can finally end things with him. He is not a kind person, regardless of the cheating, he's a control freak, gives you the silent treatment (which is one of the cruelest and most intentional things to do) and makes you feel bad. what is it that you actually love about him?

You have the chance NOW to break free! Please, talk to your friends and family so you can gain strength to get yourself into counseling. Your life is the way it is because you choose to stay in the A. You can walk away at anytime! You're not obligated to him, not married to him. He is your affair partner who is NEVER leaving his wife. He will keep you on string as long as you want to play. Cut the cord! You deserve to be happy and feel good about loving someone. He isn't the one for you.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 4:17 PM   #10
Established Member
 
smackie9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Surrey BC Canada
Posts: 11,852
He's married, this is just an affair....you owe him nothing, and he doesn't own you. You can screw anyone you want and do whatever you want. He is not your keeper. He has no right to question you. Maybe it's a sign you've had enough of his bs.
__________________

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2017, 4:40 PM   #11
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
He's married, this is just an affair....you owe him nothing, and he doesn't own you. You can screw anyone you want and do whatever you want. He is not your keeper. He has no right to question you. Maybe it's a sign you've had enough of his bs.
Indeed, it is just an affair. You owe this man nothing and you can walk away anytime. Gather your strength, get some support, and do it.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 12:04 AM   #12
Established Member
 
misspalmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 190
dont feel bad you have the right to have a life, hes got his wife/
misspalmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 2:35 PM   #13
Established Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Home is where the heart is.
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisychain137 View Post
I went out with some friends after work the other night and had a great night drinking and dancing. My mm text me whilst I was out and I told him I was at home. I do not know why I lied to him- I just for that moment didn't need to tell him. He usually knows everything about me- where I am, who I am with and I just didn't want to tell him. Why did I behave this way?

I feel so guilty and I know if he finds out I lied to him he will be cross with me.
How do I learn not to be so hard on myself about this-

He lies every day to his wife and family- he has told me historically he will not leave his wife. The affair has been going on many many years now. Still can't let him go even though I am taking steps to try.
I totally get this. Everyday my MM ... what are you doing, where are you going, first thing in the morning & later at night. It's his way of saying he's interested in what i'm doing when I'm not with him. But, it's also his way of keeping tabs on me. Does he give me the same information in such detail? No, he withholds. Why? Because I let him. I gave that power to him when I said yes, to this LTA relationship. Is it right to behave this way? No, in a normal relationship there is no way I would tolerate this. But, I do want him in my life, so I put up with it. But, do I always tell him everything? No. Sometimes I keep stuff back, that is what you do in an unequal partnership. Is it right? No, but then, being in an unequal partnership isn't right. You just have to learn to deal with it, if you wish to stay in that type of relationship.

But, when you do it, it doesn't make you feel good.
Southwardbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2017, 6:14 PM   #14
Established Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwardbound View Post
I totally get this. Everyday my MM ... what are you doing, where are you going, first thing in the morning & later at night. It's his way of saying he's interested in what i'm doing when I'm not with him. But, it's also his way of keeping tabs on me. Does he give me the same information in such detail? No, he withholds. Why? Because I let him. I gave that power to him when I said yes, to this LTA relationship. Is it right to behave this way? No, in a normal relationship there is no way I would tolerate this. But, I do want him in my life, so I put up with it. But, do I always tell him everything? No. Sometimes I keep stuff back, that is what you do in an unequal partnership. Is it right? No, but then, being in an unequal partnership isn't right. You just have to learn to deal with it, if you wish to stay in that type of relationship.

But, when you do it, it doesn't make you feel good.
It is an unequal partnership... Inherently. The married man holds most of the power and it is in his best interest to keep tabs on his partner because that is part of what allows him to maintain the unequal balance of power.
smackie9 likes this.
BaileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2017, 11:06 PM   #15
Established Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 569
Just keep score. The teams are: leave him and stay put. Which team is winning here? We're not robots spitting out identical advice. Most of us have been in similar situations and aren't just guessing to provide advice.

Which team are you going to sign with. You are, after all, a free agent!
Bufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Am I being lied to? Confused517 Dating 5 7th January 2013 2:13 PM
He Lied to Me elares Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 4 5th November 2010 9:37 PM
He says I lied, But I don't think I did..?? behappy999 Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy 6 23rd May 2007 3:36 PM
Do you think she lied? FormerOM The Other Man / Woman 6 6th November 2006 3:44 PM
I think my ex lied to me eddpad Breaks and Breaking Up 6 20th September 2005 2:42 PM

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:33 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2013 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.