An affair always haunts you, one way or another.

dogloverof2

I met XMM at the job I had a long, long while back. I re-arranged my life, walked away from him and my job to end it the EA.

Well my past employer asked me to return to my job on a temporary basis to help out with a big project. With the fear in the back of my mind of hearing his voice again or maybe even seeing him or someone that knows him....I refused the offer.

• Like 5

It's a shame to miss out on an exciting opportunity, but you unquestionably did the right thing and I admire you for it!

Well done dlo2!

• Like 2
  • Author
dogloverof2
It's a shame to miss out on an exciting opportunity, but you unquestionably did the right thing and I admire you for it!

Well done dlo2!

Thank you! It was tough. I struggled at first cause I thought....what if.....what if we do meet again.....what if he is "my one" and this brought us back together again...

Then I said.......HECK NO!! Not getting on that roller coaster ride again..

Edited by dogloverof2
  • Like 5

I agree. Outstanding decision from a mental health perspective.

Are you sure he still works there though? If he doesn't you could take the job!

• Author
dogloverof2
I agree. Outstanding decision from a mental health perspective.

Are you sure he still works there though? If he doesn't you could take the job!

I thought about that.... I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Getting past this has been a really hard thing to do.

It's like healing a wound,, the last thing a person really, really wants to do it open it up again. It may take twice as long the second or third time to get it healed. ;-)

• Like 1
I met XMM at the job I had a long, long while back. I re-arranged my life, walked away from him and my job to end it the EA.

Well my past employer asked me to return to my job on a temporary basis to help out with a big project. With the fear in the back of my mind of hearing his voice again or maybe even seeing him or someone that knows him....I refused the offer.

Right thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...