It Does Get Better

MessedupinMiami

I wanted to share my story here again. It was over 2 years ago when I came to this site after ending things for the final time with my MM.

Our story began like any other (of course I thought it was special and magical when in reality it was the exact same you hear over and over). We met while he was "going through a separation" which surprise never materialized. It started off as a friendship which then took a turn as the most intense love I have ever felt. I held onto every promise and saw glimmers of hope even though there were none. I was so blinded by the affair fog I could not see my way out.

Finally a friend of mine saw how damaged and consumed I was becoming and that's when I knew I needed to get out of it. I am embarrassed to admit he was able to win me back at first. Finally I knew enough was enough. This site really helped me. Hearing stories from others made me feel less alone. The no contact was the best thing too it's the only way to truly get over someone who wouldn't let go.

I didn't think I was strong enough but I was and I did it. Sure it was painful and the hardest thing ever. I truly felt like I would never love anyone that deeply again. I wanted to reach out to him but never did and blocked his attempts. I felt like a shell of who I used to be but time did help.

Now I am in a serious relationship with the most amazing man I have ever met. He is able to give his whole heart to me and there are no lies or anymore broken promises. The truth is I love him more than my MM even though I thought it was impossible. This is the man I am going to spend forever with and I never would have found it if I didn't end things for good with the MM.

So my hope for anyone in a similar situation is that you find strength to end things for good wwith no contact there is someone better out there for you.

• Like 12
HeartbrokenDec29
I wanted to share my story here again. It was over 2 years ago when I came to this site after ending things for the final time with my MM.

Our story began like any other (of course I thought it was special and magical when in reality it was the exact same you hear over and over). We met while he was "going through a separation" which surprise never materialized. It started off as a friendship which then took a turn as the most intense love I have ever felt. I held onto every promise and saw glimmers of hope even though there were none. I was so blinded by the affair fog I could not see my way out.

Finally a friend of mine saw how damaged and consumed I was becoming and that's when I knew I needed to get out of it. I am embarrassed to admit he was able to win me back at first. Finally I knew enough was enough. This site really helped me. Hearing stories from others made me feel less alone. The no contact was the best thing too it's the only way to truly get over someone who wouldn't let go.

I didn't think I was strong enough but I was and I did it. Sure it was painful and the hardest thing ever. I truly felt like I would never love anyone that deeply again. I wanted to reach out to him but never did and blocked his attempts. I felt like a shell of who I used to be but time did help.

Now I am in a serious relationship with the most amazing man I have ever met. He is able to give his whole heart to me and there are no lies or anymore broken promises. The truth is I love him more than my MM even though I thought it was impossible. This is the man I am going to spend forever with and I never would have found it if I didn't end things for good with the MM.

So my hope for anyone in a similar situation is that you find strength to end things for good wwith no contact there is someone better out there for you.

Im glad to hear things are working on fine with you.

Thank you for coming back to give an update! It will really help alot of people who are still in the dark in their affairs.

• Like 2

I was literally smiling whilst reading it. Happy for you :).

Struggling your way outta quicksand has a perk.. its called 'you'. Keep roling :)

• Like 1