He saw me and ran...why?

Louisesarah

It was the first time I had seen him in 16 months.

I was walking home and I spotted him,I continued to the road and he seen me and quickly turned and practically ran across the road.

He deffo seen me.

Why couldn't he even say hi or smile just acknowledge me in some way.

Do you think he hates me or just being a coward?

Simple Logic

I was walking home and I spotted him,I continued to the road and he seen me and quickly turned and practically ran across the road.

He deffo seen me.

Just avoiding you at all cost - is he married?

• Author
Louisesarah
Just avoiding you at all cost - is he married?

No not married.

Does have a girlfriend.

He deffo seen me.

When a person runs away from another one in that manner it's because they don't want to bother with the other person. So clearly, he didn't even want to deal with you at all. At least not at that time...

Perhaps he was worried about the temptation....

Only he knows why he bolted. It could have been for any number of reasons. Bottom line is: He wanted to get away from you as quickly as he could. That's an indication to leave him alone.

He deffo seen me.

Just out of curiosity, what's the rest of your story with him? Was he married and you were his OW? Or is it that he's still with the same GF from 16 months ago?

Just looking for more details so I can perhaps understand this more.

• Like 1
  • Author
Louisesarah

He was my best friends brother.

We had a emotional affair for years,my friend made it clear she didn't want us to get together so we text in secret.

He told me he was in love with me

He ended it with GF then she found out she was pregnant.

His son was born and we slept together for first time.

He was terrified that he would be found out and the gf would stop him seeing son and cut off me off by telling me nastily never to contact him again.

Then 5 month later his sister was slagging me off and he punched her.

It caused trouble with them.

Anyway that's it basically

No contact since then

Today was first time I seen him

We had a emotional affair for years,my friend made it clear she didn't want us to get together so we text in secret.

He was terrified that he would be found out and the gf would stop him seeing son and cut off me off by telling me nastily never to contact him again.

No contact since then

Oh lord... Do yourself a huge favor and don't get swept up in that be glad he kept on trucking. Nothing but needless drama there.

Plus he's putting his hands on women too...his own sister!

If he can punch his own sister...who knows what he'd do to you.

Not even sure why you care that he scurried like a little rodent when he saw you.

• Like 3

No contact since then

You represent drama in his life. (Note I didn't say you caused it, this is his perception of you and doesn't reflect on you as a person). He's probably repaired those relationships by now and doesn't ever want to go back there. I'd run too.

• Like 3
  • Author
Louisesarah

If anyone should of ran it should of been me...he was the one who made it in to a drama.

Do you not think it could of been that he was embarrassed and didn't know how to face me?

ItStartsFromWithin

Sorry, without more details, it's hard to determine exactly why he ran away after seeing you. However, I think it's likely that he didn't want to be tempted by speaking with you since; he now has a child with his girlfriend -OR- he didn't want to give you the wrong idea by being nice & communicating with you.

Irregardless of why he did it. The question should be; why do you care; that he did it. You should be thrilled and relieved he ran from you! I mean he PUNCHED HIS SISTER!! Not slapped, pushed, or smacked, but PUNCHED!! (All though there's no excuse to do any of them). He punched her because (I had to look up the term:

"slagging me off") for simply insulting you?!? I mean you should be ecstatic he's out of your life, because if he can punch his flesh & blood, I cannot imagine what he could do to you!;!!!

If anyone should of ran it should of been me...he was the one who made it in to a drama.

Do you not think it could of been that he was embarrassed and didn't know how to face me?

Is there a reason you didn't put this in your opening post?

I guess the next question needs to be 'Was he the kind of guy capable of introspect?'

• Author
Louisesarah
Sorry, without more details, it's hard to determine exactly why he ran away after seeing you. However, I think it's likely that he didn't want to be tempted by speaking with you since; he now has a child with his girlfriend -OR- he didn't want to give you the wrong idea by being nice & communicating with you.

Irregardless of why he did it. The question should be; why do you care; that he did it. You should be thrilled and relieved he ran from you! I mean he PUNCHED HIS SISTER!! Not slapped, pushed, or smacked, but PUNCHED!! (All though there's no excuse to do any of them). He punched her because (I had to look up the term:

"slagging me off") for simply insulting you?!? I mean you should be ecstatic he's out of your life, because if he can punch his flesh & blood, I cannot imagine what he could do to you!;!!!

It's a very long complicated story but the last time I seen him 16 months ago he stayed at mine.

He told me he loved me and got upset,said he couldn't leave his son etc

Told me he didn't want me to meet anyone else

Afterwards I think reality kicked in and he was worried if his girlfriend found out and stopped him seeing his son.

Then a week later he was drunk and told me to never speak to him again...he was drunk and said some nasty things,half of which never made sense.

I never contacted him again ..my friend (his sister) were ok till 5 months later when she admitted to saying something not so nice to her boyfriend about me ..that's when he hit her.

We haven't had any contact since (me and friend )

She thought I messed his head up and I was to blame for him hitting her.

Yesterday was the first time I had seen him in 15 months /16 months

Perhaps he assumed you would confront him on the street and he was avoiding you for that reason? I'm sure you're partially right by thinking he may have been embarrassed.

Either way, it's a good thing he kept walking.

whichwayisup

He deffo seen me.

He is in NC and he is respecting that by crossing the road and walking away from you. This is more about him salvaging his relationship and living up to the promise to his partner to STAY in NC mode with you.

He isn't being a coward nor does he hate you. Chances are he's trying to heal and move on just like you are.

• Like 2

No, i don't think he was embarrassed

Yes I think he didn't want to face you.

He doesn't want to know you, so who cares? He doesn't sound like someone positive for your life anyway.

No he just didn't want to be engaged and wants to leave bad memories in the past. I do this too. When I see someone I don't want to be bothered with I avoid them at all costs.

It's a very long complicated story but the last time I seen him 16 months ago he stayed at mine.

He told me he loved me and got upset,said he couldn't leave his son etc

Told me he didn't want me to meet anyone else

Afterwards I think reality kicked in and he was worried if his girlfriend found out and stopped him seeing his son.

Then a week later he was drunk and told me to never speak to him again...he was drunk and said some nasty things,half of which never made sense.

I never contacted him again ..my friend (his sister) were ok till 5 months later when she admitted to saying something not so nice to her boyfriend about me ..that's when he hit her.

We haven't had any contact since (me and friend )

She thought I messed his head up and I was to blame for him hitting her.

Yesterday was the first time I had seen him in 15 months /16 months

It's been a year and a half so he's over it by now and so is his sister. They both have a new life by now. He doesn't want to even think about it anymore so he avoided you.

• Author
Louisesarah
It's been a year and a half so he's over it by now and so is his sister. They both have a new life by now. He doesn't want to even think about it anymore so he avoided you.

If my friend was over it why isn't she repairing our friendship?

Why hasn't she attempted to be friends again

If my friend was over it why isn't she repairing our friendship?

Why hasn't she attempted to be friends again

Why would she? Her family is more important to her than a friendship with you which makes sense to me. I wouldn't keep an ex of my brothers around either if I thought it would disrupt my relationship with his new girl. Why haven't you moved on to new friends?

• Author
Louisesarah

You don't just move on to other friends,I can't erase 15 years of friendship,she was my best friend.

I know the reason she's doing it because she wants to make sure me and him never come into contact and that he isn't tempted again.

She would rather loose a best friend over that

You don't just move on to other friends,I can't erase 15 years of friendship,she was my best friend.

I know the reason she's doing it because she wants to make sure me and him never come into contact and that he isn't tempted again.

She would rather loose a best friend over that

Like I said her family comes first as they should. I've move on from friends I've known for 20 years because the friendship just wasn't working for me anymore. Why haven't you moved on like they have?

Edited by stillafool
  • Author
Louisesarah

I had been dating someone for 4-5 months and was happy but he ended it recently and ever since then I've been thinking about this guy again then I seen him.

I didn't think about him or his sister for the whole time.

I've also made a few new friends recently but I find it hard to forget her as I loved her like I love a sister.

I thought she felt the same.