LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

Valentines?

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th February 2017, 4:23 PM   #1
Established Member

Valentines?

Did anyone spend valentines with their men, or ladies... or have a good time with husband or wives instead?

I had an all around good day! Got surprised by both!
Old 15th February 2017, 5:56 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMoon View Post
Did anyone spend valentines with their men, or ladies... or have a good time with husband or wives instead?

I had an all around good day! Got surprised by both!
Mine was awful... no more AP and BH isn't really talking to me. I've been wondering how you are doing though.
Old 15th February 2017, 7:52 PM   #3
Established Member

Mine was awful as well. It's even harder being a single other woman. At least married ones have some type of distraction. I don't know..maybe I'm wrong.

xMM sent me a bulls*** gift telling me I'm a great friend.
Old 15th February 2017, 8:10 PM   #4
Established Member

I'm really sorry. I hope your day was good today then.
Old 16th February 2017, 5:17 AM   #5
Established Member

What did each do? Really curious how this works for you!
Old 16th February 2017, 8:40 AM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima1234 View Post
What did each do? Really curious how this works for you!
I have never done anything with my MM on valentines before that I can remember it just worked out this time. Both of us were alone all day so we went out for lunch and back to his house to watch a movie .. and then in the evening my husband got home from work early he brought flowers and chocolates and a big smile and he never buys gifts so I was actually really surprised.

I know I should feel guilty, but I don't.
My husband gets gifts for every occasion I can think of I just never expect any myself.

I also bought coupld dozen roses and dropped a couple off with each of the women in my life around town! Some of them are single so it made their days !
Old 16th February 2017, 10:54 AM   #7
Established Member

Sounds like a nice day! But can I ask a personal question - did you have sex with either of them? Or even both of them?
Old 16th February 2017, 1:58 PM   #8
Established Member

I broke NC on Valentine's Day. Maybe it was ok though since I was feeling bad about it all and now I am 100% sure that this loser isn't worth any more of my time. He makes my skin crawl.

On the plus side, I got a box of chocolates from my lovely brother, who picked out the assortment that he found most disgusting (which he knew I'd love).
Old 16th February 2017, 5:07 PM   #9
Established Member

I had a very nice weekend, and Valentine's day with my husband.

One year, one month and 9 days after D Day (but who is counting )

It's really nice to be able to live honestly again. To love without guilt. To be genuinely thankful for the man I married, and his willingness to reconcile.
Old 16th February 2017, 5:13 PM   #10
Established Member

With my husband and my sister. These types of love arnt in shadows and dont have an agenda.
What I had for xMM was an addiction... will celebrate 'national goodriddiance addiction day' with him
Old 16th February 2017, 5:29 PM   #11
Established Member

I had a really nice night with my guy. He had asked me several weeks earlier what I wanted to do, which was to get takeout and watch a movie... just take a whole night to spend time together. We had Thai food, a funny movie, couch snuggles, flowers and a card and a sweet gift - it was really really nice.

My ex wouldn't have thought about VDay until maybe the day before, although he was always sweet and would make a wonderful dinner for us. I don't think I'd gotten a card from him in years, and I would just buy my own Christmas/birthday gifts so I would get something. I thought about him a lot on VDay and hoped he's doing ok. I wondered if he was spending it with his girlfriend, or if things have changed there. I hoped that he's happy, or as happy as possible given everything that happened. I tried not to think about the exBW too much... I'm sure she was sad and bitter, and I'm very sorry for that.

I don't know how anyone could feel no guilt, whether they're in an affair or in the time after the fallout. It's always in the back of my mind, and sometimes in the forefront. Some serious compartmentalizing, I suppose.

Last edited by Birdies; 16th February 2017 at 5:32 PM..
Old 16th February 2017, 7:17 PM   #12
Established Member

Oh, but I do have to admit I was quite tested the day after Valentine's.

I boarded my commuter train to head home after work. I had met my now ex MM on the train - but after D Day, rearranged my schedule to ride a train that didn't go to his station.

As I made my way through the crowded standing room only car - there he was. I don't know why he was on "my" train, but I was forced slide by him as I made my way to a less crowded car.... Littterally had to touch him in the process. But managed to not say anything even though I was a bit tempted.

Made it to my seat and did my best to put him out of my mind.

So, I am not perfect. But I am trying.
Old 17th February 2017, 3:56 AM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdies View Post

I don't know how anyone could feel no guilt, whether they're in an affair or in the time after the fallout.
It's easy enough not to feel guilty if you don't love/care for your other half and you put your own desires above anyone else's.

Also, when you get to the point of thinking and convincing yourself you deserve to be happy and feel entitled, I've seen people in affairs actually give themselves a pat on the back for taking control and doing what makes them happen.

I spent the evening out having dinner with my husband and our teenage children - I see them as products of our love.

We had our self time before and after.

'If a man wants a woman to be an angel, he must first create a heaven for her. Angels do not live in hell'
Old 17th February 2017, 7:52 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemima1234 View Post
Sounds like a nice day! But can I ask a personal question - did you have sex with either of them? Or even both of them?
No sex with either that day.
Old 17th February 2017, 7:55 AM   #15
Established Member

I have never said I haven't felt any guilt during this whole thing, I didn't Valentine's Day for sure because I made sure to focus my attention on who was focussing attention on me at the moment, and I went out of my way to think about the people I love.

I love both men and both love me, it was a good day and I'm not going to be cut down about it.