Trying hard....

I posted before Christmas last year about my emotional affair with a MM. I am now in NC - 13 days only. I try to distract myself not to think about him and keep reminding myself of how I love my husband despite how attracted to MM I am. As I mentioned in my post he has left the country. I know it should not but I keep wondering if I have ever crossed his mind or he remembers what we shared ( kisses and all but no sex ). He didn't tell me anything about us being together so there were no lies or any false sense of hope. We both knew we were married and could never be together and we only shared special moments of strong attraction. All we had was those moments and we departed sadly knowing we would not see each other again. Of course till today, I still think of him from time to time and our moments. I don't mean to dish men but I can't help but wonder does he think of us or just like most men, they kiss and forget... after a while?

I am thankful this forum is here and I have been drawing strength from the advice given here to those who are in the same pain or more than I am.

Jenkins I do not know if you are reading this but I saw you post your feelings/thoughts as the MM and I use your feelings to remind me that MM is probably feeling the same and its only an EA that I should not matter ( though I know in your case its different ).

I need to keep going - NC 13 days. Still going on strong... but today I felt an overwhelming sadness and longing. I hope these moments do not happen too often. I want to leave this well past behind and hope I can get through the next few months well.

Edited by MaxineR

Just feel it and let it go.

I am 9 months NC. I woke up thinking about xMM so strongly this morning. I started getting weepy, half asleep.

It comes and goes.

Poppy.

• Like 6

ps.

I had an 8 year A. Different to yours.

I am not expecting to recover for some time, so don't be disheartened.

Poppy.

• Like 2
  • Author

Poppy, 8 years is a long time and indeed different from my EA. When you described how you felt this morning I felt my overwhelming feeling is probably only a fraction of yours since you were in this for so long. Thanks for your reply and sharing. I will feel then let go....

Edited by MaxineR
  • Like 1

Maxine,

I was in an EA too. In NC since 2 months.Its hard, very hard. I just remind myself " you made him a superman, he is not. He is just a man and a better man is before you".

He made me feel special. Now after NC I began to see that it was his 'charmery' he used with few other woman too. I know all this but still i find myself missing him, its carzy.

Just move forward, albeit in pain. Dont go back and sign up for a rerun. Good luck.