LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

Crush on Doctor - Does he feel the same? [Update: doctor is married]

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

Like Tree171Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2017, 4:09 PM   #136
Established Member

I doubt this doc cares one way or the other so I would just let it be and get your therapist to write your prescription. No need to bother the doc's office anymore.
ja123 and jay1983 like this.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 4:34 PM   #137
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay1983 View Post
Did you mention that to your therapist?
Therapist and psych (psychiatrist) are two different people.

I told therapist about the crush but not the psych, as he and psych are "colleagues/"distant friends" so he told me.

I don't want to ruin this doc's career ... apart from some flirting with me .... he's a really good doc and can help a lot of people.
ja123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2017, 4:37 PM   #138
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafool View Post
I doubt this doc cares one way or the other so I would just let it be and get your therapist to write your prescription. No need to bother the doc's office anymore.
You're probably right .... no need to spell it out ... just move on .... I'll call psych's office for the script.

I was more about making the "cut" for me, but ya know, who cares, F***?

I deserve better than a married man, anyway!

Thanks for your input ... helps to hear from men, too!

Last edited by ja123; 23rd September 2017 at 5:00 PM..
Old 28th September 2017, 7:28 PM   #139
Established Member

Tomorrow, I'm calling another doc (female) that I found and who seems good to see whether I can be put on her waiting list.

Gotta get a new doc and fast!!!

To be honest, I'm still crushing on my doc.

I have an appointment booked, but haven't cancelled with him yet.

Gotta do that.

If he offered an affair, I'd say yes!
Old 29th September 2017, 8:05 AM   #140
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja123 View Post

hahahahaha!
ja123 likes this.
oldbutcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 8:14 AM   #141
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbutcurious View Post

hahahahaha!
OP: Are you sure this whole thing is not a joke??
JuneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 9:00 AM   #142
Established Member

This is not a joke, unfortunately ... I'm somehow obsessed, and very few people on this site believe that doc is interested, too!!! Which he is ...

I'll write more details later.

Just called female doc and she's not taking patients.

I'm determined to get out of this situation, so that's why I'm posting here - so I don't slip and go back to doc.
Old 29th September 2017, 9:39 AM   #143
Established Member

I thought you were going to cancel the appt and move on with your life. He is not interested plus he is married. Move on. Wait until you get a new therapist. There is more than one so if the female doc is booked up spend your time finding another. Stop obsessing about someone who doesn't want you.
ja123 and Grammie like this.
Old 29th September 2017, 9:42 AM   #144
Established Member

Quote:
doc is interested, too!!! .
I hope you'll enjoy it, and not get messed up.
Old 29th September 2017, 9:46 AM   #145
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Honey, look in the mirror. Your behavior has been totally inappropriate. You have shared things about your personal life that are totally inappropriate to share with your doctor.

But now, you blame him for being unprofessional and inappropriate? .
She's flirting and enjoying it. She might like an affair, short or whatever. I wish her happiness, and lots of fun.
Old 29th September 2017, 9:50 AM   #146
Established Member

Quote:
I have a major crush on my doc, and I worried that I'm pushing him away and that he's maybe frustrated with me.

Have fun girl, go for it. I just noted some here are just jealous, and don;t have a life.

Playing middle age priests, duh!
Old 29th September 2017, 10:50 AM   #147
Established Member

Quote:
Have fun girl, go for it. I just noted some here are just jealous, and don;t have a life.

Are you serious? No one here is jealous of someone who is so desperate they have to run after a MM that doesn't want them. Women who have lots of options don't have to date MM. Women with options get husbands.
Old 29th September 2017, 3:14 PM   #148
Established Member

Quote:
Tomorrow, I'm calling another doc (female) that I found and who seems good to see whether I can be put on her waiting list.

Gotta get a new doc and fast!!!

To be honest, I'm still crushing on my doc.

I have an appointment booked, but haven't cancelled with him yet.

Gotta do that.

Sadly I thought we were getting through to you. This whole situation is so unhealthy and you know this too!

Stop feeding your feelings for your soon to be ex DR. Cancel that appt and don't ever look back.
ja123 likes this.
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 3:40 PM   #149
Established Member

Thank you for all your responses ... I'll be back to respond shortly.
Old 29th September 2017, 4:36 PM   #150

Quote:
She's flirting and enjoying it. She might like an affair, short or whatever. I wish her happiness, and lots of fun.
Quote:

Are you serious with your responses? This has got to be a troll account response. Or perhaps an eleven year old child who is too young and naive to know full well, the repercussions of traveling down a dark affair abyss.

Please stop encouraging her to, 'have fun' with a married man, with whom; by her own admission, she states, she is "obsessed" with. You're encouraging emotional turmoil, self destruction & more obsession.

No one here, that has taken time to thoughtfully offer advice to her: are doing so because they are: "jealous" 'middle aged priests" "with no life". We offer advice because many of us have traveled down that dark road of utter turmoil and when we came out on the other end, our lives were completely changed. So when we see others who are attempting to do the same, & they are sincerely seeking advice; we offer dire warnings of potential outcomes because we've, 'been there, done that' & if we can help just one person not to follow in our path & mistakes; then at least something good has come out of what we went through.

Please remember this isn't cosplay, this isnt a game. This is someone's real life- with real repercussions that can alter the rest of her life, with the advice you give. Please take this seriously.
ItStartsFromWithin is offline   Reply With Quote