They always come back....

Yup...after 5 months NC...he chimed in. It was my birthday and I figured it was a opening for him to break NC...he did. I replied.

I wasn't really surprised. And it is definitely a different feeling this time around. We had been on and off for almost 5 years. I'm just at peace with everything.

It was good to chat with him but I refuse to go backwards....and I will not.

Just beware...they always come back

• Like 5
Grapesofwrath
Yup...after 5 months NC...he chimed in. It was my birthday and I figured it was a opening for him to break NC...he did. I replied.

I wasn't really surprised. And it is definitely a different feeling this time around. We had been on and off for almost 5 years. I'm just at peace with everything.

Oceans: Who initiated the NC? Was there a D-Day?

I initiated NC, and there was no D-Day, so after 5 months, the xMM did the same thing with me. Trying to weasle his way back in. It would piss me off, if I cared to give it that much energy.

• Like 3

I initiated NC, and there was no D-Day, so after 5 months, the xMM did the same thing with me. Trying to weasle his way back in. It would piss me off, if I cared to give it that much energy.

I was wondering this same things. I'm hoping since we had a dday he won't come back. Im with you Grapes, it would piss me off. Posts like scare me.

• Author

He initiated contact because it was my birthday. We never had a d-day. Just many on and off fights over the years...just like many here.

In my situation his wife has known of me and us since day one. She doesn't like me or that I am with him but accepts it. She has had affairs also. It is just a messed up situation that I don't want to be part of

He initiated contact because it was my birthday. We never had a d-day. Just many on and off fights over the years...just like many here.

In my situation his wife has known of me and us since day one. She doesn't like me or that I am with him but accepts it. She has had affairs also. It is just a messed up situation that I don't want to be part of

Ah. I see why he came back. Seems they do without a dday. I think I'm safe since we did have one.

Hope you're able to stand your ground and not get back into the A :)

Grapesofwrath

I was just curious, to see if there is a trend. I have read lots of threads on here about women who had a D-Day and still he came back, after he thought the dust had settled at home.

In a way, maybe your situation is less messed up than others. At least she knows and there is some tacit approval. It's not the marriage I would want, but I kind of think that's a level better than the gaslighting, sneaking, lying crapola that we read about on here all the time.

MidnightBlue1980
I was just curious, to see if there is a trend. I have read lots of threads on here about women who had a D-Day and still he came back, after he thought the dust had settled at home.

In a way, maybe your situation is less messed up than others. At least she knows and there is some tacit approval. It's not the marriage I would want, but I kind of think that's a level better than the gaslighting, sneaking, lying crapola that we read about on here all the time.

He had a Dday and he came back, 5 months as well. I love you, I'm still in a roommate marriage (lie), I am so sorry, she made me stop talking to you, can I have a picture of your boobs.

Turned out he had started MC at the same time he came back. His W had let up on the monitoring since she felt more secure, plus he put out finally.

No picture for you. And they are spectacular.

• Like 5
ShatteredLady

My husbands OW reached out a couple of times a year (just "hi" or a little 'life update') for over 12 YEARS until the 'perfect storm' gave him mental permission to forever fundamentally change me & my heart.

Yes, confirming that they do always come back. I think that with no DDay, it's quicker. DDay means it may take longer.

Sometimes I think it would be best for everyone if there had been a DDay and BW made the family move away so that he couldn't see me at work anymore. I think if push came to shove he would do everything he could to save the marriage, including moving away. And then I would have my peace.

He had a Dday and he came back, 5 months as well. I love you, I'm still in a roommate marriage (lie), I am so sorry, she made me stop talking to you, can I have a picture of your boobs.

Absolutely priceless.....:lmao::lmao:

• Like 4
Yes, confirming that they do always come back. I think that with no DDay, it's quicker. DDay means it may take longer.

I think it's more likely they come back after a dday when they work with their OW. I would think that would make it really hard to stick to NC and move on. For a MM that has a dday and doesn't have to see the OW, I would think the out of site out of mind rule applies and that in most cases, breaking NC just doesn't happen.

MidnightBlue1980

Sometimes I think it would be best for everyone if there had been a DDay and BW made the family move away so that he couldn't see me at work anymore. I think if push came to shove he would do everything he could to save the marriage, including moving away. And then I would have my peace.

You can have your peace if you look at it differently. You can go meet someone new and live an authentic life - right in front of him! You know that expression, the best revenge is living well? Usually that is crap designed to make people feel better but since you see him, you can actually really do that. You can be happy about someone new, look fabulous and he will have to live it. That is the way I see it since I still have to see him. We won, lemon drop. These guys are not our problem.

• Like 6
HeCantBreakMe
You can have your peace if you look at it differently. You can go meet someone new and live an authentic life - right in front of him! You know that expression, the best revenge is living well? Usually that is crap designed to make people feel better but since you see him, you can actually really do that. You can be happy about someone new, look fabulous and he will have to live it. That is the way I see it since I still have to see him. We won, lemon drop. These guys are not our problem.

YUP YUP YUP!! Agree if you must respond to something they send you after 5 months NC (i suggest no response but if you must) there are TONS of funny GIFS of someone flipping the bird. I say throw the middle fingers up and keep walking. :bunny::bunny:

• Like 3
YUP YUP YUP!! Agree if you must respond to something they send you after 5 months NC (i suggest no response but if you must) there are TONS of funny GIFS of someone flipping the bird. I say throw the middle fingers up and keep walking. :bunny::bunny:

I'm with you on just not replying an exMM breaks NC BUT sending back a big F you gif would be absolutely hysterical!!! :laugh:

• Like 2
Grapesofwrath

Turned out he had started MC at the same time he came back. His W had let up on the monitoring since she felt more secure, plus he put out finally.

The bolded = genius.

One other thought: MM who come back, sniffing around, after a D-day reveal their real level of contempt for the BS, too. It takes a special kind of a*****e to return to the scene of the crime after being caught, tried, and convicted.

• Like 3
MidnightBlue1980
The bolded = genius.

One other thought: MM who come back, sniffing around, after a D-day reveal their real level of contempt for the BS, too. It takes a special kind of a*****e to return to the scene of the crime after being caught, tried, and convicted.

This is why we did not monitor each other. This is not a Chinese prison. The door works both ways.

I have enough problems with my kids lying to me. I do not need to mother my husband.

• Like 2
MidnightBlue1980

I would send you a happy picture of you and your husband.

Not really of course, but you know what I mean. Personally xmm is blocked, well not really, its gmail, but he is not too bright and probably assumes I blocked him on all email addresses. Who has that kind of time, not me.

• 1 month later...

They do! I just posted my story. Apparently he can't quit me no matter how hard he tries. He is desperate to even just be friends with me just so he has someone to talk to.

HadMeOverABarrel
I'm with you on just not replying an exMM breaks NC BUT sending back a big F you gif would be absolutely hysterical!!! :laugh:

I've been having a mean fantasy lately for if xMM breaks no contact (although I'm thinking he won't). In my fantasy I meet up with him and give him a big hug. While hugging I whisper, "Remember those times you disregarded me and when you blew off my birthday?" Then I give him a swift knee to the nuts and say, "Ignore that, Mother-F'er!" and walk away. Yep, that's where I'm at these days.

All the best to you, LS ladies!

• Like 5
HeCantBreakMe
I've been having a mean fantasy lately for if xMM breaks no contact (although I'm thinking he won't). In my fantasy I meet up with him and give him a big hug. While hugging I whisper, "Remember those times you disregarded me and when you blew off my birthday?" Then I give him a swift knee to the nuts and say, "Ignore that, Mother-F'er!" and walk away. Yep, that's where I'm at these days.

All the best to you, LS ladies!

Lol. I think you and I could be fast friends. I like how you think.

• Like 1

I know that my now exMM has came back many times in the past.. But I've always been there right in front of him, able to talk to him, etc.. And it's always been within a few days, no more than a few weeks.. Now that he's made the decision to cut abruptly cut me off for good, and has blocked me from any contact and not spoken to me in 4 weeks.. I'm thinking that maybe the always coming back was a game to keep the sex exciting, and once they decide they are done.. Like he has apparently decided this time, then they are just done. It's easy for them to pick up like it never happened and leave us to pick up the pieces. Maybe that's just my way of thinking bc I can't vent to him and in angry..or because we've never gone this long in almost two years without contact.. But, maybe when they're finished getting what they can get out of us, they don't come back?