Been totally cut off ....

Long term posters can probably remember me.

My "best friend" is the guy who I had something with but he had a baby etc.

I won't bore you with it again..I can't even be bothered to write it down now as its so in significant.

Anyway after it all came to a head with the guy me and my so called friend were OK for about 8 months..all her family spoke to me.

Her mother etc.

Around December (5 months after we slept together) he argued and hit his sister over me,and was saying he had feelings etc.

She didn't speak to me for 3 months...I think she blamed me and thought it was all my fault.

Anyway we sorted it out but things were never totally the same.

We still spoke (me and my friend) daily and her mum and her were on my Facebook.

I started seeing a guy (been together nearly 4 months) and I'm so happy with him,we go out all the time,weekends away it's great.

I told my friend about him and she didn't seem pleased for me then she cut contact ..her and her mum both deleted and blocked me and she hasn't spoke for 2 1/2 months.

I thought if anything she would be pleased I had finally moved on from her brother..

I'm delighted you've moved on from him. Well done!

You should have long had your so called friend and family well out of your life and on your terms.

Anyway, it's done now and you don't need to have anything to do with them again. Forwards ever, backwards never.

I'm glad you're seeing a new guy.

Maybe they finally realized their friendship with you was inappropriate since you slept with their son/brother it was betraying their family to keep ties with you as he has a baby with someone who is very much a part of their family, they might have finally seen they need to stick together and be loyal to his partner and the mother of his child.

Maybe everyone wanted to move on from this mess.

It was you who should have blocked them months ago. Hopefully now this is true closure.

• Like 2

I told my friend about him and she didn't seem pleased for me then she cut contact ..her and her mum both deleted and blocked me and she hasn't spoke for 2 1/2 months.

I thought if anything she would be pleased I had finally moved on from her brother..

Good for you that you are now in a new relationship. Stay happy. I think it is marvelous that your friend and her mother deleted and blocked you on FB. We told you back then to cut contact with them in order to heal. Believe it or not this is the best thing that could have happened to you. You don't need them as friends and you don't need to find out anymore info about your friends brother. You both have moved on now. Very nice.

• Like 2
  • Author

In such a better place than a year ago.

I think she didn't like to see me happy,I think she got a kick out of me being upset ..

She tried telling me (4 months ago ) how he was so drunk and staying at his mums and I just snapped and said I don't want to know,it's not important to me.

I don't think she liked I wasn't still hung up on him.

Midwestmissy

Friends come into your life and leave. It really hurts sometimes. But remain no contact with these people and you will see in time that there role in your life was negative and that you're better without them. When people go no contact with you, mourn, but trust me it's a gift.

In such a better place than a year ago.

I think she didn't like to see me happy,I think she got a kick out of me being upset ..

She tried telling me (4 months ago ) how he was so drunk and staying at his mums and I just snapped and said I don't want to know,it's not important to me.

I don't think she liked I wasn't still hung up on him.

Well she's out of your life now. Enjoy your new bf and make new friends.

• Author

One good thing is I have much more money now she isn't my friend.

No more paying for everything and buying her clothes.

Surprising how much I used to waste.

I deffo will enjoy him ..thankyou :-)

• Like 4

I always thought your friend and her family sounded a bit whacko. I'm glad your free of them and enjoying life with an available man. Good riddance to those toxic people.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

You are right it was a toxic friendship but I still get hit with a massive feeling of regret.

I just feel I threw away a 12 year friendship.

For what? Nothing

We did have good times together ..she was a massive part of my life.

I think it runs deeper than me sleeping with her brother ..I think she thinks it's ruined her relationship with her brother.

She's never been the same with me since he hit her after she was slagging me off.

How do you forget a life long friendship over night?

• Author

Today whilst walking into town walking down the street is a mutual friend (more my friend)and he literally walked past me.

This is the same guy who 2 months ago when he got he's first home I gave him a cooker,fridge and microwave plus homeware things.

Why is she turning everyone against me? It's so cruel.

Me and this guy have no problems.

What is she saying to these people because I know it won't be the real reason we aren't talking.

I'm honestly so hurt,I didn't know who else to speak too about this.

Oh but all the while her Saint brother is still friends with everyone ..I hate him ..then again it is he's sister who's the problem.

Long term posters can probably remember me.

My "best friend" is the guy who I had something with but he had a baby etc.

I won't bore you with it again..I can't even be bothered to write it down now as its so in significant.

Anyway after it all came to a head with the guy me and my so called friend were OK for about 8 months..all her family spoke to me.

Her mother etc.

Around December (5 months after we slept together) he argued and hit his sister over me,and was saying he had feelings etc.

She didn't speak to me for 3 months...I think she blamed me and thought it was all my fault.

Anyway we sorted it out but things were never totally the same.

We still spoke (me and my friend) daily and her mum and her were on my Facebook.

I started seeing a guy (been together nearly 4 months) and I'm so happy with him,we go out all the time,weekends away it's great.

My gawd, you haven't moved on from these people yet? Are there no other people in your town/city that you can be friends with? Does your new bf have friends you can meet?

I think we've exhausted the conversation about these people. This is like that movie "Groundhog Day".

imperfectangel

Honestly I really think you need counselling. I have no idea why you're so fixated with this family.

That guy might not even have noticed you - I'm rubbish at recognising people in the street I could walk past my own mother! And no that doesn't mean someone has turned her against me!

This really is healthy.

• Like 2
  • Author

The guy in question did recognise me.

It was a quite road.

He has deleted and blocked me off Facebook,snapchat and

Whatsapp.

My "friend" is turning these people against me.

I've accepted me and her will never be friends again but why involve others.

These people aren't her family.

imperfectangel

You don't know that they are!!!

Maybe you posted something that offended him? Who knows? What we do know is it isn't healthy to dwell on things like this.

Do you have any hobbies or something where you could try and make new friends?

• Like 1

Most friendships come and go, with very few exceptions, and anyone who blocks and deletes you based on what some random other person says isn't a friend anyway. Just let it go and hang out with your other friends.

• Author

I know what she does ..and the guy lived with them up until he got a house.

He now is the one who does their shopping etc ..so it's not just a random person.

Yes I do have hobbies but it doesn't alter the fact I have lost 3 mutual friends.

imperfectangel

You really need to get over this. I don't understand why you're so focused on them and if he's just gonna block you like that he clearly wasn't the friend you thought he was.

They're dysfunctional and seem full of drama you're better off away from toxic people like that

People get eliminated from a marriage friendship when one spouse makes a decision that the "friend" isn't GOOD for the marriage.

Move forward and find new people to stay busy with.

• Like 2
The guy in question did recognise me.

It was a quite road.

He has deleted and blocked me off Facebook,snapchat and

Whatsapp.

My "friend" is turning these people against me.

I've accepted me and her will never be friends again but why involve others.

These people aren't her family.

Then delete and block him. You said he was more her friend than yours so why are you giving him a cooker, microwave and fridge? Stop trying to buy other peoples friendship. When people want to be your friend they don't expect anything but your friendship. How many times do we have to tell you these people are not and never were your friends. If you have lost 3 friends it isn't because of her but because they were never friends of yours to begin with.

• Like 1
I'm just annoyed I gave him £100s of items out the goodness of my heart and that's the thanks I get

Why are you giving someone else's friend 100's of items in the first place?

• Author

I had just bought new items for my house as I just had re decorated.

I was going to sell them but he had nothing for he's house,nothing to cook with etc and I felt sorry for him.

He had just lost he's dad and thought he needed a little bit of good fortune.

Maybe that was stupid of me but he was in desperate need and I hate to see people struggle.