- Don't do it!!

I guess by time anyone is on this site and reading posts, it is because they are already involved so this is probably too late but if anyone is close to starting an affair or are very early in then please please please think again and don't do it

I am an OW and went in thinking just a bit of fun and would never fall, never get too involved and couldn't possibly get hurt...boy was I wrong. reading everyone's else's stories confirms its the same in most cases!

If I read this advice prior to getting involved I would have ignored it in all honesty, again convinced I wasnt someone who would get tangled up but if I knew then what I know now then I would have ran and ran fast!

I'm no one to advise or preach but i just want to stress as strongly as possible that no good can come of affairs! Keep control of your life and run whilst you can ✌?

People engage in relationships of all types for many reasons, or just because they feel like it. People hurt people all the time, either purposely or incidentally or even without any real cognizance of their actions being hurtful.

I remember the first married person I fell in love with. The problem was she didn't share the married part until things were pretty far along. See, I hurt her husband without any real cognizance of that act. Later, sure, I weaponized. I was a young guy, full of piss, and ready for war. Mating can be war if you're a guy; that's something most women will never understand because, well, they're not men.

Anyway, your title is something I support, in general, and especially for people who are serious about relationships. Plenty of folks aren't, either globally or for a period of time or with a particular person or group of people. It comes down to a meeting of the minds. For some, 'doing it' works for them. Happens every day.

• Author

I agree! Although it's the happiness that can occur in these situations which is essentially the part that ends up causing the hurt!!

I'm sure there are people that engage in affairs, keep if fully about sex and can shake hands at the end of it and walk away unharmed! I would imagine those cases are few and far between though. there are no winners in affairs just an aftermath of hurt people.