Do I do anything?

Scorpio Chick

Hi everyone. I think it has been at least 2 years since I posted on here. I got involved through texting, emailing, FB messaging with a married man I knew from high school. We really didn't text a whole lot. Enough. It ended up becoming sexting and we had one phone sex call. No pictures were exchanged. I finally went no contact, and stayed no contact for slightly over a year, then sent him a short message, I kept it light. He responded and I think with that first response he made some slight suggestive comments.

Long story, predictable story short, we started sexting again, but it wasn't like a lot of people (not that that matters). I never initiated texts. Actually I only initiated that email after the year of no contact. I understand I shouldn't have done that.

After that one phone sex call, as we were saying goodbye, he thanked me. Which really was irritating, to say the least. Then the next day or a couple days later, we got hot and heavy with the texts, and then he said he had to go, he had to head home from work, and he said we would have to continue the 'session' another time, and he thanked me. I came right back with, paraphrasing myself, that I would have to remember that these were just 'sessions' and not to expect anything else. I said, 'typical female I guess'. He came back with, "don't give up hope". Well, that one sentence was an arrow to my heart for all it revealed. I am here to see if my assessment is correct or screwed up.

I came back with 'hope is a b---h'. And he came back with, okay, well, don't give up. To me, on top of an already wrong situation, that just iced it. So icky. It made me feel like a prostitute and a beggar. Being told not to give up hope from the only person who really knew if there was any hope to be had, was insulting, but yes, I know, I deserve it. But he told me very early on that he wouldn't leave his wife. I never asked him to, never expected it, and hell, we never even got together. He was the first one to voluntarily suggest it, then just as quickly drop it.

After he texted, 'okay, well, don't give up' I came right back with 'why? You love me?' And I got no response. I got an email a few days later where he said he had given everything a lot of thought and he felt it would be best if we didn't text anymore. Then he said he still wanted to remain in contact via Facebook and email. I emailed him back pretty quickly and thanked him for the email and told him I agreed. I was polite and nice, and kept it very short.

A few weeks later, he sent me a private FB message about a post on FB. I responded extremely briefly. Anyway, two weeks ago, out of the blue, someone from the school we graduated from posts about having a reunion. Within 2 days of that post, MM sends me a FB message, 'So, a reunion, huh? Hmmmmm.' I just sent a message back saying, 'yeah, didn't we just have one?' HE proceeds to send a message saying it would be fun to catch up with folks and that he would like to sit and chat with me too. Then he says seeing me would be a 'major exercise in restraint'. He said he wondered what would happen if it was too much to resist. I just questioned him. Truthfully, I was pissed. I should have reminded him of everything, especially his last email. I was weak in so far as not calling him out. I just joked. I think he picked up on the fact that I wasn't taking it seriously, etc.. Anyway, he's been liking FB posts, whereas since his email to me, I haven't liked his stuff. Trying to distance myself like that. So he liked a few of my posts today, and like a fool I messaged him and just came out and asked, 'are you bringing your wife to the reunion?' He said he was and they were staying in the same hotel with his brother and his wife. Then he said, 'you're going to the reunion, right?' I never answered yes or no. Since this is already very long, I will now ask what I really need advice on: should I go to the reunion? Should I go complete no contact again for good this time? I hate that he must have a pretty big head now where I'm concerned. It's one thing to have an affair because you genuinely fell in love, and another to just outright use a person, which is what he did with me.

• Author
Scorpio Chick

I want to add that the reunion is in 3 months. I also want to add that I am at one of the darkest points in my life right now. I didn't think I could feel as bad or worse as I have in the past, but it has been one thing after the other. I am unemployed through no fault of my own, my daughter suddenly moved out, I had to rehome 3 kittens I got very attached to. I have been feeling as low as you can feel. My mom killed herself some years back and it just seems like things will never be right again. I say this about my state of mind because even though I hopefully will be working by 3 months time, I just don't know if it would be best to not go to the reunion. Truth is also, I wasn't in the 'in' crowd in high school. I went to a reunion 6 years ago, where MM was, without his wife, and I think that it where feelings really took off for both of us. I feel so much pain where he is concerned, I don't quite understand it. I just need help in the way of good, sound advice.

Hi everyone. I think it has been at least 2 years since I posted on here. I got involved through texting, emailing, FB messaging with a married man I knew from high school. We really didn't text a whole lot. Enough. It ended up becoming sexting and we had one phone sex call. No pictures were exchanged. I finally went no contact, and stayed no contact for slightly over a year, then sent him a short message, I kept it light. He responded and I think with that first response he made some slight suggestive comments.

Long story, predictable story short, we started sexting again, but it wasn't like a lot of people (not that that matters). I never initiated texts. Actually I only initiated that email after the year of no contact. I understand I shouldn't have done that.

After that one phone sex call, as we were saying goodbye, he thanked me. Which really was irritating, to say the least. Then the next day or a couple days later, we got hot and heavy with the texts, and then he said he had to go, he had to head home from work, and he said we would have to continue the 'session' another time, and he thanked me. I came right back with, paraphrasing myself, that I would have to remember that these were just 'sessions' and not to expect anything else. I said, 'typical female I guess'. He came back with, "don't give up hope". Well, that one sentence was an arrow to my heart for all it revealed. I am here to see if my assessment is correct or screwed up.

I came back with 'hope is a b---h'. And he came back with, okay, well, don't give up. To me, on top of an already wrong situation, that just iced it. So icky. It made me feel like a prostitute and a beggar. Being told not to give up hope from the only person who really knew if there was any hope to be had, was insulting, but yes, I know, I deserve it. But he told me very early on that he wouldn't leave his wife. I never asked him to, never expected it, and hell, we never even got together. He was the first one to voluntarily suggest it, then just as quickly drop it.

After he texted, 'okay, well, don't give up' I came right back with 'why? You love me?' And I got no response. I got an email a few days later where he said he had given everything a lot of thought and he felt it would be best if we didn't text anymore. Then he said he still wanted to remain in contact via Facebook and email. I emailed him back pretty quickly and thanked him for the email and told him I agreed. I was polite and nice, and kept it very short.

A few weeks later, he sent me a private FB message about a post on FB. I responded extremely briefly. Anyway, two weeks ago, out of the blue, someone from the school we graduated from posts about having a reunion. Within 2 days of that post, MM sends me a FB message, 'So, a reunion, huh? Hmmmmm.' I just sent a message back saying, 'yeah, didn't we just have one?' HE proceeds to send a message saying it would be fun to catch up with folks and that he would like to sit and chat with me too. Then he says seeing me would be a 'major exercise in restraint'. He said he wondered what would happen if it was too much to resist. I just questioned him. Truthfully, I was pissed. I should have reminded him of everything, especially his last email. I was weak in so far as not calling him out. I just joked. I think he picked up on the fact that I wasn't taking it seriously, etc.. Anyway, he's been liking FB posts, whereas since his email to me, I haven't liked his stuff. Trying to distance myself like that. So he liked a few of my posts today, and like a fool I messaged him and just came out and asked, 'are you bringing your wife to the reunion?' He said he was and they were staying in the same hotel with his brother and his wife. Then he said, 'you're going to the reunion, right?' I never answered yes or no. Since this is already very long, I will now ask what I really need advice on: should I go to the reunion? Should I go complete no contact again for good this time? I hate that he must have a pretty big head now where I'm concerned. It's one thing to have an affair because you genuinely fell in love, and another to just outright use a person, which is what he did with me.

Don't go to the reunion... You're already hurting enough as it is, and it will be even more painful for you when you have to be there with MM AND WIFE. If you can, you should go complete NC. Hugs, Adoraxx

• Like 7
stilltrying16

Scorpio Chick, I'm sure people with good advice will be along shortly. I'm a former BGF and what I say might not be helpful, but I did want to offer you my support. I am so sorry at all the crap life has been throwing at you. And impressed that you've still managed to keep your head and seen right through his shenanigans.

Yes his hope messages are especially dumb and show how clueless he is. You nailed the reason they are insulting: I wouldn't have been able to put it in words. I was also struck by his nonchalant response to your question about his wife. Not a second of embarrassment- he doesn't skip a beat.

He's convinced that you're in the game and have more to gain from it than he does. What a jerk. Do you remember him as being dumb and/or arrogant? Because that's how he sounds imo.

So my advice of course is to skip the reunion. Sounds like you have no friends there with whom you want to catch up. Going just for him, or even going just to show him up, will ultimately rebound on you. I suppose there's a deadline for the tickets or whatever, so can you just make sure you're with someone when that deadline happens?

best wishes & hugs!

• Like 2

If you were in a good place in your life I would say go, and say to Hell with him and his wife. There are loads of other people you could hang about with and catch up with there.

BUT as you are feeling weak and vulnerable, DO NOT go.

YOU will end up giving him a bj or a quickie and come away feeling horrible and feeling even more of a prostitute and moaning about how he just used you...

MM love "vulnerable" women, as they know they can persuade them to do almost anything, strong women tell MM to take a hike and go back to their wives.

• Like 5
loveisanaction

I agree with Elaine, if you were emotionally strong i would say go to the reunion but you are in a very fragile state right now, your married man will see this and take advantage of it. Also, he will be going to the reunion with his wife….you don’t want to go there.

I’m going to be honest with you Scorpio Chick, your married man is looking for NSA fun sex, that’s all. He’s not leaving his wife; he’s just looking for some extramarital fun, I’m sorry but it’s very obvious. With everything that has happened in your life you are in a very weak state right now, any type of attention will seem like love to you.

Stay away from him and possibly any man (even a single one) until you are emotionally strong again.

• Like 7

Stay away from him and possibly any man (even a single one) until you are emotionally strong again.

Yes, all sorts of abusers, losers and jerks are on the look out for vulnerable women to use and abuse.

Get your life back on track and then start looking with a clear mind for a good man who will treat you well.

• Like 4
privategal

I think theres also the thought in his mind like oh sh--! I ended it...now shes gonna be in the same room with my wife"

Hes backtracking, flirting and being verry nice so you keep quiet and play nice.

His "dont give up hope" text turns my stomach. How low...manipulative...thats the whole game of a user...to give you just enough hope to keep you in his user pocket...while also keeping you at arms length "I have to go home now= thanks for being my daytime distraction and boosting my ego but time to stop texting now so I dont get caught. Disgusting!

I wouldnt go to reunion or e-v-e-r communicate with him again.

If his wife found out, this jerk would tell her..shes a crazy obsessed woman who stalks me...look at this email I had to send her to tell her to quit texting me.

Stay away.

This type will hurt you many times over. He is very skilled and calculated.

Im so truly sorry he hurt you.

Your gonna find a new job and turn it all around.

Block him on text and fb now.

That will hit him and his big ego and leave him in fear...is she showing up? She's mad? My breadcrumbs dont work now? She isnt pining for me? Will she tell my wife at the reuinion?

Its one last little fu to him while you take your dignity back as you close this chapter and never see or speak to this JERK again.

• Like 5

Honey, I feel so bad for you.

You know how awful you're feeling now? Multiply that by a thousand if you see him in person.

I think his "hope" comment was plain cruel and manipulative. I have to ask, have you been involved with him in the past?

I think it is a bit strange he would make statements about not leaving his wife. Goes without saying,nobody walks out over a couple of texts.

What made him say that, why would he think you were emotionally invested in him?

Something about theway you describe this situation seems disrespectful on his part.

I think he wants to pacify you before the reunion,so you dont get pissed off and out him to his wife. I also think he will get a huge kick out of talking to you there,with his wife five feet away. Why? Because jerks get off this kind of sneaky behaviour.

My advice to you is to block him on all social media and not go to the reunion. Focus on the present. You seem somewhat vulnerable to him, dont give him a chance to take advantage of that (because he willand will enjoy every second)

• Like 1
  • Author
Scorpio Chick

Thank you so much to all of you that responded. Your responses gave me a lift. Good advice too, and I blocked him on FB. The third and last time.

I had an intense three year crush on him in high school. There were sparks at the last reunion and it seemed like he followed me around. There were other people I would really have liked to seen, but then again, I will survive not seeing them. Even if in 3 months time I feel 100 percent better, I don't want to be there because I agree with the idea that he will probably get a perverse thrill out of it. I don't understand it. At all. He has everything, money, an intact family that appear very close. No tragedies or even bad things seem to have ever happened. He does really seem to have it all, why did he seemingly knowingly use me for such a cheap thrill? It would be one thing if on accident he fell in love with me, but I think it's pretty clear he didn't.

whichwayisup
I want to add that the reunion is in 3 months. I also want to add that I am at one of the darkest points in my life right now. I didn't think I could feel as bad or worse as I have in the past, but it has been one thing after the other. I am unemployed through no fault of my own, my daughter suddenly moved out, I had to rehome 3 kittens I got very attached to. I have been feeling as low as you can feel. My mom killed herself some years back and it just seems like things will never be right again. I say this about my state of mind because even though I hopefully will be working by 3 months time, I just don't know if it would be best to not go to the reunion. Truth is also, I wasn't in the 'in' crowd in high school. I went to a reunion 6 years ago, where MM was, without his wife, and I think that it where feelings really took off for both of us. I feel so much pain where he is concerned, I don't quite understand it. I just need help in the way of good, sound advice.

Firstly, I'm sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so hard, so condolences to you.

You're going through a lot right now, DON'T go to the reunion. For obvious reasons.

As for the MM and the texting/sexting - This is total ego feed. It's not love, it's not even genuine friendship! It's damaging, it's a game and is going no where. End it and block him on all social media.

I finally went no contact, and stayed no contact for slightly over a year, then sent him a short message, I kept it light. He responded and I think with that first response he made some slight suggestive comments.

What made you reach out to him after a year of no contact?

You describe a fragile state of mind.

The last thing you need is this selfish, careless man zoning in on that and using you.

Good for you for blocking him!

You need to nurture yourself and surround yourself with rea love- best of all, your own true love for yourslf.

This man has nothing, NOTHING, to offer you.

Highschool crushes can easily trigger sparks. You feel young again, you can a chance to redo history...except you don't. You can not redeem the past this way. He will only make you feel cheap and easily replaceable.

His life may or may not be perfect, what is obvious is that he is not worth your time.

• Like 1
ChickiePops

Scorpio Girl it sounds like you've had a terrible couple of years and that you reached out to him out of desperation. I don't mean that in a nasty way..I mean you must have been desperate for love. Suicide has to be one of the worst ways to lose a parent. I went through that as well..my mother made several suicide attempts before she died. It makes you feel unloved and unimportant.

I'm so very sorry for everything you've been through but contacting him again would be like putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. It'll only hurt more when you have to peel it off again.

Are you in therapy?

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to talk.

• Like 1
imperfectangel

I wouldn't go, seeing him with his wife will be incredibly hard.

If you really want to go to see other people now, go NC with him and take these 3 months to heal yourself

• Like 1
  • Author
Scorpio Chick

ChickiePops, I am so sorry about your mom. Big hug to you. I'm not in therapy, and I had to go off my lexapro for financial reasons. I'm ok and will be ok. It's incredible how much kind responses like everyone's here helped. I need to once and for all work on my loneliness, which is self imposed, but is really hurting me. I have no desire at all to contact him ever again. Knowing and believing full well that he didn't care about me at all helps that decision. I wasn't even friending him after I sent him that email after one year of no contact. About a week and a half after he sent me a FB request. Time will heal this wound.

• Like 1
Miss Clavel

since you already went to one reunion, why not skip this one? it's just a bunch of people that are going to ask you all about your love life/marriage education, employment, and money.

who needs it? imo, you don't. not right now.

just send him one last picture, of your ass, and tell him he can kiss it, goodbye.

then you can seek out better company, cuz's your sextext bud is a bum.

if you really want him to leave you alone, and you should at this point, forward his sextexts BS to his wife.

seriously, i'm pretty sure you can do better.

and, while i'm sorry for the losses you've had to face. and i know sometimes if feels like the blows are hitting you all at once, it's not an excuse to be "weak" with someone else's husband.

good luck

• Like 2
  • Author
Scorpio Chick

Miss Clavel, your post made me laugh. And you are 200percent right, I am wrong to have engaged. Thank you for your reply! ?

• Like 1
  • Author
Scorpio Chick

I posted a few days ago about my situation. I continue to do a lot of thinking about it. I am doing a slow burn. I am generally against letting the wife know. This is terrible to say on many levels, but I can't even have an affair like most people's affairs. Although, I'm not the one that started off the sexy, romantic stuff, the MM did.

This also is going to sound bad, but one of the reasons I'm upset at him is because he knows the really crappy (understatement) things that have happened in my life, and it is becoming clearer and clearer that he used me for an EXTREMELY cheap thrill. I did not use him. I had genuine feelings. I was never the one to ask about getting together with him, HE voluntarily brought it up then almost as quickly dropped it.

He's the one who, after emailing me telling me he's thought about things and he thought it would be 'best' to stop with the steamy texts because it was only frustrating both of us and his "situation" - he never had the balls or respect to his wife to call it a....MARRIAGE - wasn't going to change, he's the one who then privately messaged me on FB within TWO DAYS of someone posting about having a HS reunion, messaging me with questions like, "a reunion, huh?" and "I want to sit and chat with you" and "seeing you would be a major exercise in restraint" and "so I wonder if it's too much to resist, should I even be thinking about that?" And he was posing the statements as questions because since his email ending the stupid little 'relationship' we had, I was not texting him anymore, messaging him, hell, I wasn't even liking any of his FB posts. And because I wasn't going to just say, "ooh, yeah, baby, we can be together in person and have sex", instead I was throwing questions back. And after his last little "should I even be thinking about that?" question I messaged right back, "what are you thinking about exactly?" and I didn't mean it in ANY sexual way, and I think he knew it because I was just asking questions back. And he responds, the same guy who had sent the email ending our little EA, which was not emotional, then responded, "I'm thinking what if we sit down and start chatting and one thing leads to another and...you can probably see where this is going. Maybe a room number is exchanged, etc...I'm not sure I could resist".

HE said all that. And I again didn't bite like I guess he expected. I won't say 'wanted' because it's clear he doesn't 'want' me in any real way, shape or form. And I joked back saying no one could resist me and that I'm a scorpio. He replied about my sense of humor and then said, maybe it's too early to worry about it. But I feel, and I'm glad, that he felt maybe a little embarrassed because I wasn't being like, 'oh yeah baby, I want you so bad' and stuff. And then, like an idiot, a few days ago, which was about 2 weeks after those messages, I messaged him just asking this: are you bringing your wife to the reunion? And this was his coldly put response: "Yes maam. We're staying at blah blah with (his brother) and his wife". And it did hit me kind of hard. Especially him saying, 'yes maam'. Like, what's that about?? I just responded, 'I kind of figured.' He said something else, not important and then said, 'you're coming to the reunion, right?' To me, that was another coldish thing, the way he put that.

Anyway. I could prove if I had to that my feelings for him were genuine. I NEVER set out to USE him. That's what has me thinking a lot about affairs. I really can't fault someone for falling in love - however, I do think when you make the continued choice to lie to your spouse, that is where the wrong comes in - but I CAN fault someone, like the MM I unfortunately felt like I was in love with, for USING someone strictly for masturbation material. And please know, I never sent him any pictures of myself. And he didn't either.

What I am wondering here: if I were this kind of man's wife, I would REALLY want to know how low he is. I'm sorry. I am really feeling like telling her. Not tomorrow. Or next week. But soon. How can someone just knowingly use someone like this? How can he add to my misery by doing this? I keep thinking, what did I ever do to him???

ShatteredLady

Can I ask why you chose that avatar for yourself? I'm interested what thought went into it.

You've made some horrible choices. You're here to discuss them & yet you choose such a sexual image?

• Like 2
DesertHeat

ScorpioChick, there's people out there that don't give a damn about other people's situations and use their vulnerability to get what they want. The question isn't why does it do that (because he's a crappy person), but why do you participate?

After leaving my husband, I had both really good friends and a lot of predators also came out of the woodworks. My divorce process took over 3 years, so I have so many stories of wolf's in sheep's clothing that tried (some successfully) to manipulate me.

I remember when I was staying at a DV shelter, one of my old friends hit me up and I told him about my situation. He just happened to live a few blocks away from the shelter. His comments would always have a slight sexual tinge but I put up my boundaries because I was focused on getting my life together.

One day I was walking down the street with my kids. He was driving by and saw us and picked us up. We chatted about my situation during the ride. I had him drop me off at my "drop off spot" close to the shelter. Once I arrived back at the shelter, he sent me a message asking if I wanted to come by his house for sex. WTF dude? I blocked him and stopped speaking to him after that. The irony was that he knew that I was homeless and looking for a job. We were both in the same professional field, which was one of the main reasons I was chatting with him. But he had no thoughts to help me or connect me with others in our field, just his own selfish desires.

I know you are going through a lot, and you are probably looking for someone to talk to and connect with. And MM took advantage of that to push the sexual envelope. But you still have control on what you will tolerate. Take this as a lesson and shore up your boundaries.

• Like 2

Why on earth would you go to this reunion?? So that you can get even more deeply involved with this pig who thinks you need to have hope in order to be with him? Puke. A little big on himself, don't you think?

Not sure what is attracting you to this person. All you've got is some sexting with a guy who makes you feel like a prostitute and a beggar. Ew. Go no contact with him and find a hobby that makes you feel good about yourself.

• Like 3
  • Author
Scorpio Chick

Thanks Shattered Lady for your response. I really don't know how to respond to your question about my choice of avatar. It is sexy. I get your point. I'll change it.

• Like 1
  • Author
Scorpio Chick

DesertHeat, thank you so much for taking the time to respond. That is horrible that you were homeless, with children! And disgusting about the 'man' giving y'all a ride then asking for sex. I can't imagine. Excellent words of wisdom. Sorry you,went through all that.

• Like 1

Scorpio, you knew what the deal was. You knew he was married. By maintaining the relationship, you accepted the terms.

I am not placing all the blame on you. He is the one doing the lying and the cheating, he was being reckless with your emotions. You were an accomplice for a while. You will heal. You dont need to get back at him to do so.

• Like 2
privategal

Slow burn?? No. Full STOP

Its going nowhere youve been hurt enough.

He gets no more of your time now, zero.

Get out, block, heal..the end.

• Like 2