I finally did it.

I finally did it, what I should have done years ago... I blocked the MM, so he can't send me any more messages or contaact me again EVER - and I feel pretty good about it.

Our "relationship" has been an emotional one and I have always refused to make it a physical one even thought he has been trying to get me to bed for years. I finally understood it, after reading alot on this site, that he wasn't my mister right, he was only fulfilling my needs for attention, feeling lusted for and someone to communicate with and one that always answeres... but he never had the qualities that I personally set highest in the one I want to be the closest to me. I am so glad now! I have been struggeling about this for years, and finally I have managed to break free!

• Like 13
whichwayisup

Yay for loving and respecting yourself more than what you feel for him and not compromising yourself to him anymore!

Today is the first day of your true freedom.

WAY TO GO!! I'm so glad you are seeing more clearly now!

Isn't weird how they stick to you like glue? Or like someone's spit-out old bubble gum you accidentally stepped on during a hot summer day, stuck on the bottom of your shoe and you try and try to get it off, but the gross gum with someone else's spit on it just gets stuck to everything you try to use to get it off the bottom of your shoe, and when you walk it makes your foot stick to the sidewalk? Gross.

Just trying to make you laugh :)

• Like 3
WAY TO GO!! I'm so glad you are seeing more clearly now!

Isn't weird how they stick to you like glue? Or like someone's spit-out old bubble gum you accidentally stepped on during a hot summer day, stuck on the bottom of your shoe and you try and try to get it off, but the gross gum with someone else's spit on it just gets stuck to everything you try to use to get it off the bottom of your shoe, and when you walk it makes your foot stick to the sidewalk? Gross.

Just trying to make you laugh :)

That was really funny Hearts

• Like 3

So proud...a big chorus of clapping and cheering. Its a hard decision and you must have been ready!! So imompressive!!

• Author

I am in a happy relationship with a man who loves me, cares for me, prioritize me, is a very good father, extremely supporting etc, but he isn't very passionate, but instead he has a very stable temperament and is never angry.

MM is very passionate, and we are both very intense persons, so we click in a very special way and tend to fire eachother up. But that was also it, and I mistake it for might beeing the love of my life because I have never met anyone I click so great with. Also he is a man many get impressed with, including me.

So for the first time, in 4 years I actually compared my husband with MM, and yes MM and me are more passionate, communicate somewhat better, but that is also it. MM is exciting, but many of us need to be in safe, calm, supporting relationships to reach our goals in life and grow. So when I compared them, MM actually came out much weaker than my husband, and I actually had to realize that MM will never be able to compete with my husband. And then suddenly I saw MM in a whole new light.... he is just a guy, extremely socially intelligent, that has been f***** with my head for so many years now, but he isn't anyone I really need or want in my life any longer.

• Like 3

Mrs. Dee!

Fantastic that you are thinking this way. well done! Proud of you.

And remember, it is so much easier to act exciting and passionate in an affair without responsibilities during stolen moments, etc. If you lived with him 24 hours a day for decades I'm sure you would see him in a very different light.

Your husband sounds like a great guy and now that you are free of xMM, you will have more time and energy to work on making your marriage more exciting. Amazing how much an A saps your strength, energy and resources!

Great move, Mrs Dee! I wish you nothing but the best!

I am in a happy relationship with a man who loves me, cares for me, prioritize me, is a very good father, extremely supporting etc, but he isn't very passionate, but instead he has a very stable temperament and is never angry.

MM is very passionate, and we are both very intense persons, so we click in a very special way and tend to fire eachother up. But that was also it, and I mistake it for might beeing the love of my life because I have never met anyone I click so great with. Also he is a man many get impressed with, including me.

So for the first time, in 4 years I actually compared my husband with MM, and yes MM and me are more passionate, communicate somewhat better, but that is also it. MM is exciting, but many of us need to be in safe, calm, supporting relationships to reach our goals in life and grow. So when I compared them, MM actually came out much weaker than my husband, and I actually had to realize that MM will never be able to compete with my husband. And then suddenly I saw MM in a whole new light.... he is just a guy, extremely socially intelligent, that has been f***** with my head for so many years now, but he isn't anyone I really need or want in my life any longer.

• Author
Mrs. Dee!

Fantastic that you are thinking this way. well done! Proud of you.

And remember, it is so much easier to act exciting and passionate in an affair without responsibilities during stolen moments, etc. If you lived with him 24 hours a day for decades I'm sure you would see him in a very different light.

Your husband sounds like a great guy and now that you are free of xMM, you will have more time and energy to work on making your marriage more exciting. Amazing how much an A saps your strength, energy and resources!

Great move, Mrs Dee! I wish you nothing but the best!

My husband is pretty amazing :), and I have no clue why I let this EA develop as It did. I probably got flattered that someone like this MM would fancy someone like me. He is a big hot shot and I am kind of not. MM is also very persistent and extremely confident.

That was why I blocked him, because everytime he comes back, even though I don't wan't an EA with him, it always start my mind going. And suddenly I can't think of anything else! I think about why he does this or that, what he means by this or that, I wonder if he will contact me, what he will say when he does... and of course I daydream a little of us.

It has been some days now, since I blocked him, and it still feels good, most of the times. Sometimes I worry a bit about what he is thinking about me blocking him, but he should understand the reason as I told him in one of our latest conversations that I didn't think it was a good idea for us to meet again because he is in a serious relationship and so am I. And sometimes I somewhat regrets... but this is the right desicion, and soon he will be nothing more than a memory about that guy that is now in my past. I hope y'all that are in destructive relationships will some day break free like I feel I have :)

Edited by Mrs.Dee
  • Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
I finally did it, what I should have done years ago... I blocked the MM, so he can't send me any more messages or contaact me again EVER - and I feel pretty good about it.

Our "relationship" has been an emotional one and I have always refused to make it a physical one even thought he has been trying to get me to bed for years. I finally understood it, after reading alot on this site, that he wasn't my mister right, he was only fulfilling my needs for attention, feeling lusted for and someone to communicate with and one that always answeres... but he never had the qualities that I personally set highest in the one I want to be the closest to me. I am so glad now! I have been struggeling about this for years, and finally I have managed to break free!

Congratulations on your next move forward. You are in the right place to make moves towards ditching your MM. You owe it all to yourself because you deserve better. I'm happy you are not in denial in knowing that you and MM will be together forever. I really wish that some of these OW would have the same disposition like yourself.

Best of luck to you. Hugs and Cheers!