A Valentine's Day Card to my LS Supporters

I wanted to say thanks to all my friends on LS who have helped me get to where I am today. Even as I write this, I live in a residual fear that I'll slip and go back, but for now....

I can't recall ever in my adult life a better Valentine's Day than this one. I'm happy - I'm so alone it's funny - just me and my pooch - but I'm happy.

I still miss the idea of him - and I still have the moments of fantasy, but I really have my self-respect back and it's EVERYTHING.

Last year - hah! - The fancy dinner, the expensive gifts, the "romance" of it all - and as I recall, it ended, like all the other nights, with me sleeping alone and crying and fighting with him. Even the years we lived together - he always brought gifts, flowers, the whole thing - but really, I never had truth with him, now did I?

I have forgiven myself all the months I spent living outside of my own standards, and I have forgiven him for the pain he caused me through his selfishness. That feels great and I love me again!

If I never find love again, I love myself today and most days recently, and there is no better feeling in this world. Thanks for helping me!

kkat,

beautiful ..... and <<<<<hugs>>>> to you!

you're right, without this place i'd hate to even think where i be right now or what shape i'd be in. i miss my exMM today, but all things considered this has been an outstanding day, otherwise. i'm not sure i'd say it was my best VDay ever, but i'm getting there. strength is everything and forgiveness is difficult, so kudos to you!

and for all the times we slip and fall down in the next year may we all have the strength to get back up and move on to a better place! and if we don't have the strength on our own, i hope we can continue to find it here in our cyber family. and you will find love again, we all will, when it's the right time.