Months of NC.. My update

Privatelover01

Privatelover01

It's been months of nc and yes I miss him so much my heart hurts. But I know things will get better. Everyday, apart of me wishes for a text or a call. Sad... I know !

I continue to date and be optimistic that I will find someone worthy of my love and giving me the love I deserve.

I wonder if he's happier now that things have ended, I wonder if he misses me, if he thinks of me.

I wonder a lot.

I know it's for the best that things ended. They ended well but very abruptly. It's almost 3 months later and I see that if he hasn't reached out its truly because we are over. And no matter the stigma of affairs and being the other woman, I wasn't treated poorly.

I only blame myself for lettimg myself develop such feelings.

Edited by Privatelover01
  • Like 3
among the pines

Privatelover01 - I am so sorry. My situation is very similar; I haven't heard from my MM since mid November. It hurts badly that after everything we went through he didn't have the decency to call me to say "I'm going to try to repair my marriage". Although his last text said "I love my wife & you" after months of saying he loved me & wanted a future with me, to spend the rest of our lives together, he would do anything for me, etc. Ugh!

I too wonder if he thinks of me (I am pretty sure he does every day). If he thinks about the what if's. I'm fairly certain he is miserable, which is not what I would want for him. After everything I would still want him to be happy.

I hope you find the love you are looking for from an available man. I have conflicting feelings about dating; a couple people have told me to get back out there but it's so hard when you have unrequited love for the MM. I think it's going to take some time.

• Like 2
  • Author
Privatelover01

Me and him ended well just abruptly, around November as well. We traded some messages and eventually I just pulled away.

It was the best decision I've made. I love him beyond words, but I know I have to love me more in order to continue to move forward.

• Like 2

3 months is nothing. The pain is still fairly acute at that point. It will lessen even more over time, even to the point where you forget to think about him.

• Like 2

I agree with Popsicle.

Allow up to a year. Do not push yourself to date .

Keep yourself focused on all the good things you have..... friends, family, jobs, pets.

Also keep focused on staying NC. Let the grieving process happen and don't try to stifle it. Feel all the hurt and cry all the tears. It will all stop one day.

Poppy.

• Like 4