Give me strength!

proseandpassion

proseandpassion

I posted here a lot in early 2014 about my A. Well, I got hoovered back after only a month of NC, and stayed with him until July 2015. All together, we were "together" for 2 years. I ended things this summer because I was trying to finish my novel and he kept distracting me from my big project by demanding so much of my attention. Also, the fact that it had been 2 years was really screwing with my head. Overall, he was a really wonderful partner, and I wish him the best, but I can't be involved in this malarky. We still had contact after our breakup in July, and I finally decided I had to go NC about 10 days ago. It was REALLY hard at first because at this point we'd communicated every day for two years. Also, there never was a D-Day.

He is now sending me sad sack emails about how sad he is. I am pretty frustrated that he's writing to me. Please give me some words of encouragement to ignore him! I am such a sucker for a sad man. I guess he probably knows that by now.

Have you gone back and re-read all your previous threads about this guy? All the angst? You've been here before, and gone right back into a relationship you claim to hate. Unless you do something different, you'll be cozied up with him again soon.

If you're truly set on this being over, no one can magically suck you back in. That's all on you. So, are you done?

The first and most logical thing to do, of course, is to take preventative measures to ensure you don't actually even receive, let alone see, his communications.

Either install/download an app that will block calls AND texts - or change your number.

And please don't tell me the latter isn't possible.

I've done it.

Twice, at least, and i know others here have too.

• Like 1
LivingWaterPlease

proseandpassion, think about your future. Where do you want to be in a year, two years, etc., with regards to your relationships, emotions, etc.?

Do you see yourself involved in a secret relationship say, a year or two from now? Or do you want to be free, open and transparent with everyone, living a life of integrity?

Encouraging you to focus on your future! It can be wonderful!:)

The actions you take now determine what your future will look like!

I don't know when exactly that moment comes, but I've seen countless single OW here lose their feelings over time for the MM. it just gets to the point where you've been thru so much that, even when he comes back or divorces, you're just over it and don't want to be with him like you used to. It's tainted beyond repair. Something gets lost.

Maybe you're not there yet.

• Like 3