Did MM ever change his appearance for you?

My exMM grew out his facial hair for me because I think it looked incredibly sexy on him. He never really liked facial hair and was always clean shaven and even talked about shaving it off when we were together, but he never did. In a weird and twisted way, this made me feel so special. Even 1.5 months post breakup, he has kept up with the facial hair. I resent the level our work and personal relationship has devolved to but standing in front of him the other day in the office during a heated exchange made me momentarily weak in the knees for him. I wonder why he has kept the facial hair. Maybe I shouldn't read too much into it.

For me, or for himself?

During his M to the BW, he had gotten into dressing and acting like an old man - she would throw out clothes she didn't approve of, etc. She was older, and had aged badly, and people often mistook her for his mother, so I guess she wanted to correct that impression.

When we became a couple, he was invigorated, dressed differently, started listening to music he liked again, etc - and didn't care how she reacted. He just kept his bedroom door locked so she couldn't go in and destroy his clothes.

My exMM grew out his facial hair for me because I think it looked incredibly sexy on him. He never really liked facial hair and was always clean shaven and even talked about shaving it off when we were together, but he never did. In a weird and twisted way, this made me feel so special. Even 1.5 months post breakup, he has kept up with the facial hair. I resent the level our work and personal relationship has devolved to but standing in front of him the other day in the office during a heated exchange made me momentarily weak in the knees for him. I wonder why he has kept the facial hair. Maybe I shouldn't read too much into it.

I think he has kept the facial hair because he thinks not only you think that it looks incredibly sexy on him, but that other women will feel that way too :(

• Like 4

He would listen to my input but I think he has always had his own style and stayed pretty true to it. I did mention I loved the way he would roll the sleeves of his button down shirts just past the wrist. It was this casual sexy air to his business attire that made me :bunny:. So he still does that. :laugh:

He likes nice clothes and will periodically spend on them either through Tommy Bahama or with a men's service that has fashion consultants. He has nice long legs that look great in clothes.

What can I say, he is a very sexy man, then and now. :love:

• Like 1

My h likes to grow a goatee once in a while. He did a few passive aggressive things regarding that, knowing his ex hated it and says a goatee make all men look like pedophiles. For example, wearing it to the divorce hearings, to his daughter's college graduation, and a few other things.

Mostly he is the same as always. He has always been a clothes horse and likes wearing crazy socks with his suits. Not much has changed.

Never changed his appearance, but he always removed his wedding band when we were together. He wore his wedding band on his right hand because he had undergone surgery on his left ring finger and couldn't wear a ring there (or so he said.) Whenever we spent time together, he removed it. I think he put it in his car.

feelslikeminideath
I think he has kept the facial hair because he thinks not only you think that it looks incredibly sexy on him, but that other women will feel that way too :(

Exactly what I was thinking!! Mine even told me I wonder what other girls think of this. :: eye roll ::

• Like 1
  • Author
Exactly what I was thinking!! Mine even told me I wonder what other girls think of this. :: eye roll ::

Ha! And here I was thinking that he kept it in hopes that I would want him back! I almost wanted to ask but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that I noticed and am still really attracted to him physically.

• 2 weeks later...
Never changed his appearance, but he always removed his wedding band when we were together. He wore his wedding band on his right hand because he had undergone surgery on his left ring finger and couldn't wear a ring there (or so he said.) Whenever we spent time together, he removed it. I think he put it in his car.

This is an interesting issue to me - whether or not they remove their wedding bands. I made a comment once to MM about his "damn wedding ring" and he then asked me if he should remove it. We were well into the A at that point and I told him not to bother, I'm well aware of the fact that he's married :rolleyes:.

• Author

I asked my MM to remove his wedding band very early on in the relationship. He removed it every time we spent time alone. I am not sure why it made a difference and made me feel better ....it's not like his wife ceased to exist when he took it off! :laugh: We work together though so I'd have to see it on during work. Guess he had to keep up the family man persona that matched his family pics on display in his office at work. There were quite a few days it was missing even at work for some reason.

He didn't change his appearance because I liked his appearance, but he did take up a new hobby that I was intrigued with, and liked to impress me with it. And he listened to songs I liked. He definitely did things to gain my attention or maybe just so he could be reminded of me when when we were not interacting.