Question for MM or Men in committed relationships

Have you ever been in a committed relationship (married or otherwise) & met someone that you have such a deep connection with & attraction to that it's almost impossible to not act on it in some way? Basically that you are settled in your relationship & then this special person comes out of nowhere & you are completely taken by surprise. Thoughts?

Have you ever been in a committed relationship (married or otherwise) & met someone that you have such a deep connection with & attraction to that it's almost impossible to not act on it in some way? Basically that you are settled in your relationship & then this special person comes out of nowhere & you are completely taken by surprise. Thoughts?

Without some kind of interaction, no. The special one just doesn't "appear". You need to develop that over time, and you'd have to respond to their actions and have a positive response from them.

Sure, you meet a lot of good looking people that seem to be perfect, but don't act on it if you're committed... you pass them by.

• Like 4

Honesly? No.

I've occasionally seen or met men that were very attractive and successful and I admired them, but I've never felt some kind of mystical pull to them that caused me to want to pursue anything with them.

• Like 2

No....

It happened to a guy I know who was just in the throes of divorce. He had separated and was awaiting the final paperwork...

Dating anyone else was the absolute last thing on his mind. Totally off the idea, had no desire or hankering to meet anyone, get into a relationship, or fall in lust, love or whatever else you might like to refer to it, as.

Totally turned off women. Never entered his head, and was not on his 'to do' list.

Went off travelling in a Winebago he called Michelle ('My Shell') at a snail's pace, round Europe - and whaddya know. He totally unexpectedly met the woman of his dreams, Wham! fell head-over-heels in love with her, and they've been together now, 11 years.

That, is my husband.

• Like 1
No....

It happened to a guy I know who was just in the throes of divorce. He had separated and was awaiting the final paperwork...

Dating anyone else was the absolute last thing on his mind. Totally off the idea, had no desire or hankering to meet anyone, get into a relationship, or fall in lust, love or whatever else you might like to refer to it, as.

Totally turned off women. Never entered his head, and was not on his 'to do' list.

Went off travelling in a Winebago he called Michelle ('My Shell') at a snail's pace, round Europe - and whaddya know. He totally unexpectedly met the woman of his dreams, Wham! fell head-over-heels in love with her, and they've been together now, 11 years.

That, is my husband.

GREAT story! Love it.

NO.

Been married more than 18 years, and it never happened. Didn't happen when I met my husband either.

I've met and worked closely with many men, both before and after I got married, and had plenty of boyfriends before.

That impossible to resist attraction never was there without really knowing a person. I had to get to know them well first, and if I am with someone, I don't find myself looking at other men.

I've been told I'm an anomaly for being that way, so what the h@ll do I know?:laugh: