stop shouting at shadows

I hope its ok to share this link with the intention of being helpful.

Shouting at the shadow - why you cannot change other people | Thanking the spoon

I know a lot of us like baggage reclaim because it helps us when we are in that super analytical mind frame and just want to understand the dynamics of why some of these men do what they do and why we do what we do and how to change the situation. And that's all well and good for scratching that mental itch but I think this website has the best insight that sums it up whether its an affair situation or a disagreement w another poster or a family or friend relationship or your own M. The fact is we have to accept it if theres no progress or get out of the way.

Every time I have the urge to share a thought with exmm or feel frustrated that he did/didn't do something I realize what's the point. My words won't change him. He has to change himself. The shadow is him, or me/my thoughts, or the relationship but all I'm doing is shouting at a shadow and it does nothing but deplete me when I could be a much more positive influence in the world. Get out of the shadows.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

• Like 2

It is a good article. However, I dont think you're chasing shadows more like a fantasy. MM is most often a mixture of mostly our mind with a small dose of reality mixed in. Then so many MW/OM start to understand this, its that point which you wish him to be what he never really was.