What made you end the affair?

Hi, I am curious to know what finally made you decide to end the affair. Would like especially to hear from OMs, but responses from OWs are also welcome!

• Author

P.S. There is no need for long stories (unless you feel it's necessary for us to get a better picture of things). Would just like to know: what for you was the bottom line that made you end the affair? Thanks.

Disgusted.

Disgusted in what I was participating in.

Disgusted in watching her be manipulative, cold-hearted, calculating and selfish while portraying to the world that she has the best husband/marriage ever.

I didn't want to play her games anymore. Thought I was better than that. Deserved better.

So I quit. Just never talked to her again.

• Like 4

I think it was calling me from a pay phone on her birthday to meet up for lunch where I made her a special lunch, listened to her and decided I had had enough of her lying to her husband so I gave her a hug and told her 'I have to let you go'. Seemed dramatic to me at the time but that was probably because I was a dope regarding affairs. She probably got a good laugh out of it. In any event, eight years done and we didn't have contact for another 14. This, of course, was a long, long time ago, hence 'pay phone'. Heh.

Hi, I am curious to know what finally made you decide to end the affair. Would like especially to hear from OMs, but responses from OWs are also welcome!
  • Like 2

He just had too much to lose.

I liked him a lot. He would have been a perfect mate for me. I wouldn't have been a perfect mate for him.

He spent 40 years working for everything he has. Respect in community, respect in career field. Successful children. Upper middle class. $500K+ house.

He would have lost all that.

wanderingxsoulz

I realised that I spent more time being sad than happy and it simply wasn't worth it anymore. The only times I was happy when he was physically beside me, and that wasn't very often to begin with. Spent all the other times feeling sad, alone and obsessing over his other life.

Also, I felt like he started treating me badly. I'd already put up with so much just for him, I wasn't going to put up with bull**** from him as well.

Starbright78
I realised that I spent more time being sad than happy and it simply wasn't worth it anymore. The only times I was happy when he was physically beside me, and that wasn't very often to begin with. Spent all the other times feeling sad, alone and obsessing over his other life.

Also, I felt like he started treating me badly. I'd already put up with so much just for him, I wasn't going to put up with bull**** from him as well.

This exactly. The bad started to outweigh the good, plus I found out he was active on AM.