Last night

It had been almost three weeks since I last saw MM. We had nine days together late-July to early-August (coincident work trips). And I'd been really down the last week or so. Missing MM, sick with the trans-seasonal flu, and high pressure at work with hard deadlines all over the place.

MM had been telling me how much he wished he could be there for me. Yesterday seemed like the normal day; we called and emailed as work allowed. I got home exhausted and unwell and pretty much just ate and then crawled into bed. MM called and woke me to see how I was; routine on the way home from work call.

But it wasn't. Because about a minute after he hung up my bedroom door opened, and there he was! He'd caught the last flight out and we'd actually been talking while he was driving to mine from the airport. He caught me completely by surprise.

Then he proceeded to do everything he'd been saying he'd do if he was here. He checked I'd eaten and made me tea with honey. He tidied then hopped into bed. He held me and we talked until we fell asleep; which wasn't terribly long. This morning he made me breakfast then drove me to work. He then went and got me lunch and dropped it in for me. Then he caught the mid-morning flight home.

It was a really lovely gesture. And if this were a 'normal' LDR I'd be over the moon. And part of me is. But in an A, even the beautiful things are tinged with sadness.

• Like 4
LivingWaterPlease
It had been almost three weeks since I last saw MM. We had nine days together late-July to early-August (coincident work trips). And I'd been really down the last week or so. Missing MM, sick with the trans-seasonal flu, and high pressure at work with hard deadlines all over the place.

MM had been telling me how much he wished he could be there for me. Yesterday seemed like the normal day; we called and emailed as work allowed. I got home exhausted and unwell and pretty much just ate and then crawled into bed. MM called and woke me to see how I was; routine on the way home from work call.

But it wasn't. Because about a minute after he hung up my bedroom door opened, and there he was! He'd caught the last flight out and we'd actually been talking while he was driving to mine from the airport. He caught me completely by surprise.

Then he proceeded to do everything he'd been saying he'd do if he was here. He checked I'd eaten and made me tea with honey. He tidied then hopped into bed. He held me and we talked until we fell asleep; which wasn't terribly long. This morning he made me breakfast then drove me to work. He then went and got me lunch and dropped it in for me. Then he caught the mid-morning flight home.

It was a really lovely gesture. And if this were a 'normal' LDR I'd be over the moon. And part of me is. But in an A, even the beautiful things are tinged with sadness.

"Then he caught the mid-morning flight home."

As if an artist put the final strokes on a beautiful oil painting then took a knife and slashed the canvas from corner to corner both ways.

Or a poem was written that touched your very soul, then the author crumpled it up and threw it into the fireplace.........

("painting" and "poem" were lost to you except for the memory of them but count your lucky stars the man is, too...unless you'd want to trade places with his wife and have him off creating beautiful scenarios for another woman, then returning home to you?)

Edited by LivingWaterPlease

SoIG,

I have seen your name here and there while browsing threads but never read your entire back story. Your story above was sweet. I know exactly that feeling! The moving of mountains to see you. Its been done to me consistantly for the last two years! I remember you and some not so great times so it prompted me this morning I finally read your back story and the entire thing is exactly like mine...TO A "T". We live the same life except I am still married. Your back story has helped me so much with my path forward. Contact, No contact, quit my job, let go, is he with someone else...etc etc et- UGH! All I have to say is your experience, your pain, your healing, your moving on and your landing where you and MM are now today was not for nothing. It has helped another woman in pain and confusion have a path forward that I believe might actually work and put us in a better place. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

I dont think some people on this forum unless they have been in it dont understand the double life and how when you travel together every other week and take multiple vacations a year together just walk away and go NC. Youve become apart of each others lives. Things need to be said and resolved and you need to leave the relationship in a good head space for both of you. Maybe a coming back together, maybe not! I too like you recognized that we were not in a good place. Instead of the 7 year itch in marriages, maybe its the 2.5 year itch in "A"'s? LOL

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

Blue

• Like 2

That is a really sweet story. I want someone like that....just well, you know, single! And maybe not long distance!

• Like 2