For those struggling with NC.

I have been completely NC now for 6 weeks.

I broke up with MM twice before and was always miserable and went back.

This time, I did not miss him for a second. It is a massive relief to be out of that secretive lifestyle.

Everyday, I get up and go to work with a more positive attitude because the strain of living a lie has gone.

Overall my sleeping and social life have improved in leaps and bounds. My heart is happy and there is absolutely no regret about closing that door forever.

I was in an out of a very messy lifestyle for 7 years.

If you are NC please try to stay that way. Life can only get better than being in an A.

Poppy

• Like 6

hei Poppy

6 weeks. wow. i m so glad and hopefull when i see people succeed in moving on. u girls here have given me courage and strenght the last days. ur honest advice gave me the courage to end it. congrats to u, Poppy for being this strong.

i have a question, though. being that this is the first time i go NC with my MM, what are the signs to look for before breaking NC? i don t wanna go back, but i know there will be times when i will feel weak and miss him. how can i avoid making a mistake? it s day 2...

thanks

• Author

Dela,

I think you really must be willing to let go of him. I was sick of the whole deal.

If you feel like contacting him again you have not had enough of the A yet. Post on here rather than contact him.

Poppy.

I don't struggle with NC necessarily. I have no desire to talk to him. I struggle with the fact that I still work with him. I still let him get under my skin.

I hope this continue to go well for you, Poppy.

I don't struggle with NC necessarily. I have no desire to talk to him. I struggle with the fact that I still work with him. I still let him get under my skin.

I hope this continue to go well for you, Poppy.

hei Goldie,

have u tried looking for another place to work? i m sure it would help u in your process of healing

hei Goldie,

have u tried looking for another place to work? i m sure it would help u in your process of healing

Yes, for months. Unfortunately I (we) work in a very specialized field and it's limited out there. I can't afford to quit outright, or I would've already. I'm very close to getting a new job in a new department in which I'd have absolutely no contact with him, as in it wouldn't even be the same hours. I've pretty much accepted that we are both going to die at this company, I'm working in therapy towards indifference.

Yes, for months. Unfortunately I (we) work in a very specialized field and it's limited out there. I can't afford to quit outright, or I would've already. I'm very close to getting a new job in a new department in which I'd have absolutely no contact with him, as in it wouldn't even be the same hours. I've pretty much accepted that we are both going to die at this company, I'm working in therapy towards indifference.

that s good. get as far away from him as u can. u can t really move on if u see him everyday (i tried).

how s the therapy going? is it helpful? i m also thinking to go.