Persistence

SammySammy

My AP just contacted me out of the blue. She has got to be the most persistent woman I've ever come across in my life! Simply will not give up.

I understand some men relentlessly pursue women, but I thought women didn't do that. Why won't she leave me alone?

whichwayisup
She's married. I'm single.

I hope you are continuing to ignore her. If need be, change your number, block her on all social media accounts. Make it impossible for her to find you online and offline.

She is looking for an ego feed and to see if you are still into her. But you know she'll slam the door in your face again once she gets her fix.

• Like 1

this one of life's biggest ironies: people who are bad for you always come back. Always. People who are good, ok people completely vanish.

I totally understand the "one more chance" syndrome. One more chance for what? Is she changing those things that make the RS impossible? Is there a fix for this? Or you're simply supposed to go back to her and play hide and seek all over again?

You're a grown man. You deserve a woman all to yourself.

• Like 1
  • Author
SammySammy
I hope you are continuing to ignore her. If need be, change your number, block her on all social media accounts. Make it impossible for her to find you online and offline.

She is looking for an ego feed and to see if you are still into her. But you know she'll slam the door in your face again once she gets her fix.

I've done all of that. That's what's so frustrating. She still finds a way to contact me.

whichwayisup
I've done all of that. That's what's so frustrating. She still finds a way to contact me.

Tell her once, that if she contacts you again you'll call her husband and bust her. Ask her to respect your wishes and leave you alone.

Or, just continue to ignore her. Change your cell number and email address if need be.

• Like 3
eye of the storm

Tell her that her next contact will cause you to contact her H. That will shut her up.

• Like 1
NewLeaf512

That's what I've done and exAP went and told her first. But no more contact ... Yipee

• Author
SammySammy
Tell her that her next contact will cause you to contact her H. That will shut her up.

I'm not sure that will work. She would call my bluff. Her husband is blissfully unaware. I don't see the need to upend his life and his kid's life like that.

On the other hand, she would love to divorce him. She told me that if I would commit to her, she would file for divorce that day. But, I don't want her.

I know I should have never gotten involved with her, but that's water under the bridge. I just want her to leave me alone. Let it go. Please.

• Like 2
eye of the storm

If you don't want to contact the H. Then have an attorney send her a cease and desist letter. It will make it very clear that you no longer want anything to do with her.

Or just hunker down and ignore block, ignore block until she gets tired.

• Like 1
stillafool

I understand some men relentlessly pursue women, but I thought women didn't do that. Why won't she leave me alone?

Now you know how women feel.

oh well... better not make threats that you cannot keep, then ;).

Taken women, whole different ball game, hehe...

• Author
SammySammy
Now you know how women feel.

oh well... better not make threats that you cannot keep, then ;).

Taken women, whole different ball game, hehe...

Definitely.

It's a little scary too because you don't know how far this person will go. Psychopath. smh

It's a little scary too because you don't know how far this person will go. Psychopath. smh

I thought it was more of an ego boost, to have a taken woman going crazy and chasing you around. Scary how?

• Author
SammySammy
I thought it was more of an ego boost, to have a taken woman going crazy and chasing you around. Scary how?

Stillafool said now I know how women feel. I was trying to think of it from a woman's perspective. You've done everything you know to do and this person still finds a way to pursue you. You don't know if they have a potential for violence or how far they will go. That uncertainty must be a little scary for women.

It's not an ego boost for me. It's something I regret and wish would quietly go away.

Edited by MidKnightDreams
Stillafool said now I know how women feel. I was trying to think of it from a woman's perspective. You've done everything you know to do and this person still finds a way to pursue you. You don't know if they have a potential for violence or how far they will go. That uncertainty must be a little scary for women.

It's not an ego boost for me. It's something I regret and wish would quietly go away.

I've been on the receiving end of stalking myself, and NO, it is not an ego boost. Quite the opposite. It's unsettling and frightening when you make it clear to someone to leave you alone and they just continue to stalk you nonetheless.

Many people are stalked by former partners/lovers and in most states stalking is now, rightfully so, a criminal offense. It's not fun, it's not an ego boost, and it's not OK.

Protect yourself legally if you have to. Don't feel that just because you once invited her in you are now obligated to put up with her forever. You have every right to invite her right back out again. And she is legally required to STAY out.

• Like 2
Artie Lang

so why not follow through with a restraining order? document all her "erratic" behavior and serve her with a RO already... that is if you're serious about it.

Edited by Artie Lang
  • Like 2