Emotional escapes

I saw this video today and although talking about players I thought it may be pertinent here as regards the behaviour of some MM and may give some here some insight.

Basically it is about, how emotion is used by some people to get away with a difficult situation.

He/she uses emotion - anger, happiness, depression, crying, etc. to avoid the hard questions being asked of him/her, and get the other person back on board. It is a form of misdirection.

But next day he/she may do the very same thing again that caused the problem in the first place, but the immediate crisis is by that time over and they often get away with it.

The emotion is used to tug at the heart strings of the normal caring person, but it merely gets the "player" some space, and allows an escape, but it is a ploy and not real.

Watch the video it explains it way better than I can.

Interesting.

This goes on all the time in more mundane ways too - women pretending to be (and maybe actually slightly being) overcome with emotion to get out of a speeding ticket, etc. The more cludgy and obscene instances are abusers getting their victims to feel sorry for them by turning on the (sometimes genuine) self pity and tears over their misfortunes in life.

• Like 1