Ok this is crazy....

So today I get a package from UPS and I haveto sign for it. I wondered what it was but not too curious cause sometimes I'll order something from groupon and I forget. So its addressed to me...so I open it and it's a Rebecca minkoff pocketbook with a price tag still on it of 225$... I'm like WTF...this has to be a mistake! So it's a leather cross body handbag, pretty, anyway the paper inside says ordered on June 6 and to deliver right away... Says its prepaid and for currency it says USD, so whoever it was paid in cash. So I call my H and he is baffled so then we think someone stole our credit card...but, lol, then the thief send me a leather bag!! Nope! So it's from an address in the city and it's on a street that I know mm works on! I have a feeling it's from him. Who else could it be? also it not only hadn't address but my phone number too!!

I've had him blocked for awhile now and I'm still keeping him blocked but I'm curious why he would send this? Guilt maybe?

Btw I'm not sure it's him but who else could it be?

bentleychic

I'd send it back to the address it came from if you guys are NC and you want nothing to do with him. The reasons he sent it (if it's him) are really unimportant if you have no intention of being with him or reconnecting, IMO. Trying to figure it out may drive you crazy. lol

• Like 3
  • Author
I'd send it back to the address it came from if you guys are NC and you want nothing to do with him. The reasons he sent it (if it's him) are really unimportant if you have no intention of being with him or reconnecting, IMO. Trying to figure it out may drive you crazy. lol

True! But it's just weird and I'm confused as to why he would do this!

whichwayisup

He's waiting for any kind of reaction. Whatever you do, don't react! Ignore!

Give the bag to a woman's shelter.

• Like 2
Hope Shimmers

What is confusing about it Jos?

He is trying to get a reaction out of you. And it's working.

• Like 3
  • Author

Well ok but I'm not 100% sure it's him. And it's only getting a reaction if I let him know it and I have absolutely NO intention of unblocking him. This doesn't change anything. I just don't understand what would posess him to send me it!

• Like 1
So today I get a package from UPS and I haveto sign for it. I wondered what it was but not too curious cause sometimes I'll order something from groupon and I forget. So its addressed to me...so I open it and it's a Rebecca minkoff pocketbook with a price tag still on it of 225$... I'm like WTF...this has to be a mistake! So it's a leather cross body handbag, pretty, anyway the paper inside says ordered on June 6 and to deliver right away... Says its prepaid and for currency it says USD, so whoever it was paid in cash. So I call my H and he is baffled so then we think someone stole our credit card...but, lol, then the thief send me a leather bag!! Nope! So it's from an address in the city and it's on a street that I know mm works on! I have a feeling it's from him. Who else could it be? also it not only hadn't address but my phone number too!!

I've had him blocked for awhile now and I'm still keeping him blocked but I'm curious why he would send this? Guilt maybe?

Assuming it's him, there's only one reason: He wants back into the A with you.

• Like 2
Lurkeraspect

Please don't be confused. It's likely from him. The one way he's not blocked.

Send it back. Don't let some Amazon gift set you back. No need to analyze it.

It's over, right?

• Like 1
  • Author

Yes it's even over and he was the one who was a jerk, I just decided I'd had enough and I blocked him!

What a real piece of work though!!

• Like 1

Why?

To manipulate you and get you thinking of her m again. It looks like it's working... Give it to a stranger on the street so you can be done with him.

• Like 2
  • Author
Why?

To manipulate you and get you thinking of her m again. It looks like it's working... Give it to a stranger on the street so you can be done with him.

I know you are right. I guess I'm just shocked that's all!

Enjoy the bag. Forget about the guy. Now you have a cool story to tell people.

• Like 3

I don't recall, but does your H know about MM? If not, I would just hope this doesn't happen again. It may spark suspicion.

gettingstronger

Lucky! Our OW sent me a pair of game worn underware, with the return address of a hotel in her area where they use to stay, four months after dday with a typed note saying "we found these in your room". I even called the hotel to verify they did not send them- (it was US mail and they use fedex and only send lost items if requested and at the owners expense)

But seriously- I think its great that your first (or first ish) reaction was to call your husband, not the FMM- that is huge and in itself means his little plan backfired!

His motivation- to intrude in to your life-not sure why, maybe to prove he can, maybe because he misses you, maybe because he wants to cause issues between you and your husband-

I hope this is isolated and not the start of what we have going on-over two years of insanity- email subscriptions sent to our work emails for things like divorce advice or how to keep you man, free magazines sent to our home with her first name and our last name, unknown hang up calls, and on and on-

I can say we made a huge mistake early on by reacting-nicely at first "is there something I can help you with to make this stop" to progressively more hostile (cease and desist orders)-finally, my therapist said to wait it out, that every storm runs out of rain.... still waiting but will say reacting amped it up for everyone involved-the intrusions were more frequent and hostile and my husband and I spent too much time trying to stay one step ahead- UGH!

Good luck and stay strong-

I guess it is an enticement for you and possibly a desire to mess up your husband's head and cause trouble. Has it come direct from the retailer or from a personal address?

If your husband knows about the affair, then my guess he will be investigating exactly where it came from, whether he tells you that or not. I certainly would be if I were him.

• Author

Ok called today and my credit card was breached and whoever took it didn't change the mailing address!! Called the bank and put a hold on everything.

This is actually a blessing because the anxiety was coming back and I was nervous again thinking it was him! I think I just dodged a bullet!!

• Like 5
gettingstronger

Stupid criminal-one with good taste though-that is one crazy story and the fact it was near MMs work is even crazier- I thought you said it was paid for in cash-

Anyway- you still did right by including your husband in the conversation, to me this is huge!

The fact that you made a connection back to FMM is normal and not a sign of really anything except that this is now part of your life-

Do you get to keep the bag? :)

• Author
Stupid criminal-one with good taste though-that is one crazy story and the fact it was near MMs work is even crazier- I thought you said it was paid for in cash-

Anyway- you still did right by including your husband in the conversation, to me this is huge!

The fact that you made a connection back to FMM is normal and not a sign of really anything except that this is now part of your life-

Do you get to keep the bag? :)

Lol! I should keep it being the stress it caused me!

I'm mad at myself for feeling it was him though!! I want to not think of him ever again and I am doing alright but this was a setback for me ....:(

• Like 1
gettingstronger
Lol! I should keep it being the stress it caused me!

I'm mad at myself for feeling it was him though!! I want to not think of him ever again and I am doing alright but this was a setback for me ....:(

Actually, according to your post you thought of more than just him, you looked at the other logical sources too- I think what threw you off is you mistook currency as form of payment- it was credit paid in US dollars, not cash in US dollars-

If you frame it as you related it back to the "situation" and not "the person" it may be a lot clearer to you- you went through a very traumatic situation- relating things back to it because you are still healing is not the same as pining or wishful thinking- now, if you were hoping it was him, that just means you are not as far a long as you want to be-but don't forget, your instinct was to call your husband, not the ex-MM- give yourself a little pat for that-

• Like 1
whichwayisup
Ok called today and my credit card was breached and whoever took it didn't change the mailing address!! Called the bank and put a hold on everything.

This is actually a blessing because the anxiety was coming back and I was nervous again thinking it was him! I think I just dodged a bullet!!

Good thing you didn't contact him and blast him for sending that bag!!

• Author
Actually, according to your post you thought of more than just him, you looked at the other logical sources too- I think what threw you off is you mistook currency as form of payment- it was credit paid in US dollars, not cash in US dollars-

If you frame it as you related it back to the "situation" and not "the person" it may be a lot clearer to you- you went through a very traumatic situation- relating things back to it because you are still healing is not the same as pining or wishful thinking- now, if you were hoping it was him, that just means you are not as far a long as you want to be-but don't forget, your instinct was to call your husband, not the ex-MM- give yourself a little pat for that-

It was still a little setback though. But I need to realize there is always going to be something...I just have to refocus and get through it.

WasOtherWoman
Lucky! Our OW sent me a pair of game worn underware, with the return address of a hotel in her area where they use to stay, four months after dday with a typed note saying "we found these in your room". I even called the hotel to verify they did not send them- (it was US mail and they use fedex and only send lost items if requested and at the owners expense)

Just yuck. I am impressed that you didn't go and strangle her with them. :(

• Like 2
Hope Shimmers
Just yuck. I am impressed that you didn't go and strangle her with them. :(

I think you still should, gettingstronger. Unbelievable....

• Like 2