Still in NC

I Had an EA turned PA about a year and a half ago and it ended when my husband found me texting MM on my phone. He actually found his number from a bill and called him, telling him to stay away and threatening him if he didn't stay away from me basically. I denied it all to husband but too much evidence was found. There is a lot more to the story but basically, I fell 'in love' with this man never had such a strong connection to a man before. He was the only man I have been with besides my husband for over 25 years. I reached out to him and we emailed/texted but he basically ends it again and tells me I should move on and find someone else. So sad....:( Advice?

• Author

Yes thank you I read that and believe that is probably what it started off as. I think its changed because we have been off and on communicating since May 2013.. Funny are you from Scotland? He is from Scotland...living and working in the US.

No more affairs. If your M isn't working for you, divorce.

Be glad you live in a place that allows a woman to divorce a man, because it sounds like your husband would prevent it.

Edited by Popsicle
  • Like 3
  • 4 months later...
  • Author
mysterywoman

I've been in NC for about a month. Hardest thing I've ever done. Still he is the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think about before bed. I reached out twice but heard nothing just felt bad after and wished I hadn't. Tomorrow is his birthday and I will not wish him a Happy Birthday. I really want to be with him again, I care about him and miss the affair so much still...

1 month isn't long enough, and if you reached out and he didn't respond than that seems to be your answer. I'm sorry I know it hurts like hell but it's for the best.

• Author
mysterywoman

What do you mean one month isn't long enough? He told me to move on and try to forget him.

Decisiontomake
What do you mean one month isn't long enough? He told me to move on and try to forget him.

I would guess the poster means that one month is not enough for you to be out of the pain you're in right now. It is so tough - I don't know your back story - but any kind of break up when you are emotionally invested and still have the "what ifs" about how it all could have been different, is dreadfully painful. Hang in there - if he's not responded to your previous reach outs then don't reach out again - as hard as that is. You will just end up feeling more rejected. I'm sorry you're in pain. I get it. Hugs.

• Like 2
whichwayisup

He has ignored your recent texts, he ended it, told you to move on and forget him.

I know you miss him and want the A back, but that isn't going to happen.

Get mad!!!! You're wasting tears on someone who isn't even crying over you or thinking of you.

• Like 2
  • Author
mysterywoman

The back story is my husband found his cell number(checked my phone records) and called him threatening him basically. There is so much more to the story. I had an EA followed by a PA and got caught. Both of us married with fairly young children.

inappfriendly

MysteryWoman, I feel you. Similar backstory as you. Both married with young kids. After a *****storm of a DDay, he eventually told me the same thing. To move on. Stupidly I held out hope for far too long and TWO years later, I still don't feel like I am completely over it all. It's still early on for you (although I know what an eternity one month feels like!) Make the choice now to take his words to heart and move forward with your life without him. It's gonna hurt, I'm not gonna lie! But trust me when I tell you from personal experience that you DO NOT want to be where I am now. It's pathetic! Your kids and H deserve a woman who is ALL IN. Take this as an opportunity to figure out what and who you truly love and value in real life, as well as who truly loves and values YOU. Wishing you all the best :)

• Like 1

Mysterywoman, how are you today? I hope you're feeling strong enough NOT to text happy birthday. No more excuses! The guy is scared and wisely so. You should be too! Your H confronted him directly. How would your H feel if he knew you reached out to your MM again. Don't force your AP into a corner where he feels like he has to tell your H you've been contacting him.

Please remember one month is "early days." The end of an A can take many months, even a year or more to process and to accept. Remember you didn't lose anything valuable, only something enjoyable. Though it may seem to last forever, your heartbreak is a temporary state. It will pass but not without a lot of pain and self-doubt. That is normal. You can't get around it, so plow through it. Are you in counseling? Perhaps you should consider it to better understand your motivations for having an A and for attempting to prolong it.

• Author
mysterywoman

I was stuck in a pathetic place contacting him off and in my Dday was June 2013! It has been a long road and I had do much more in common woth him the chemistry was off the charts. It wasn't just that it was the daily communication with him. Sad thing is he suggested I go to counseling too...

• Author
mysterywoman

Sorry for the typos in that last email, rushed bècause I'm at work. I honestly wish I met him 25 years ago.i feel torn between my husband and him for different reasons..!! The sex was amazing him him. He is a far better lover than my husband. But it wasn't just the sex..I have a string connection to him so hard..!!

• Author
mysterywoman

That would be a "strong" connection. Can't explain it so many things about him..

Do not contact him today. Just make it until tomorrow. You'll feel a sense of victory

• Author
mysterywoman

I never admitted anything to my husband. He is still suspicuous of me anywhere I go. I swore to my lover I would take the secret to the grace. This is really really hard!!

• Author
mysterywoman
Do not contact him today. Just make it until tomorrow. You'll feel a sense of victory

I did not contact him on his birthday-feel victorious!! At least for now, LOL!

the_artist_1970
The back story is my husband found his cell number(checked my phone records) and called him threatening him basically. There is so much more to the story. I had an EA followed by a PA and got caught. Both of us married with fairly young children.

It sounds like your AP woke up a "sleeping giant" in you and made you feel wanted and special which spilled over to great sex. If you don't feel that connection with your DH why don't you let him know. Maybe it is your AP that you really want to be with. Either way, you will feel better about yourself if you lived your life with integrity and honor. After a while that sneaking and lying will destroy your self worth.

• Author
mysterywoman

He blocked me on the dating site for married people -because I was spying in him to see of he would talk to me-after he broke it off when my husband called him. If anything I'm the one who is worried about saving my marriage not him. His wife knows nothing...!!!

• Author
mysterywoman
It sounds like your AP woke up a "sleeping giant" in you and made you feel wanted and special which spilled over to great sex. If you don't feel that connection with your DH why don't you let him know. Maybe it is your AP that you really want to be with. Either way, you will feel better about yourself if you lived your life with integrity and honor. After a while that sneaking and lying will destroy your self worth.

Let him know what? That I don't feel the connection with him? I don't . Even when he was his best he was never as good as my lover. That's another thing I have to live with. Guess I just have to live with the good memories of what good sex/making love can be. It was never just sex with him it was so much more. He doesn't want to get out of his marriage. I don't either really but I miss him and what we had, I miss being close emotionally and physically with him.

Let him know what? That I don't feel the connection with him? I don't . Even when he was his best he was never as good as my lover. That's another thing I have to live with. Guess I just have to live with the good memories of what good sex/making love can be. It was never just sex with him it was so much more. He doesn't want to get out of his marriage. I don't either really but I miss him and what we had, I miss being close emotionally and physically with him.

I get it. You fear you'll never experience that again.

In your shoes, I'd D and find that type of love and passion with someone who I felt capable of feeling that for/with.