He contacted me after 5 months of NC

I wrote it here to find out what was the cause of his silence and disappearance few months back..

As usual the responses were, its over and moved on.

Frankly, I pinned that small hope that he would contact me ever again. After 2 months of no Thank you after sending him birthday cards and birthday wishes, I was actually nearing to giving up..

Yesterday marked the best memorable day. He text-ed me by SMS with a new mobile number. Then he called me.

He apologized that he didnt contact me for long time. He did say that due to situation that he gone quiet.

Ok what I am trying to say is he may gave tons of bull**** reasons. But he did attempt to text and call me..

Whoever in NC mode, the chances are you will hear from them again...

Good luck and wishing you all the best..

He is fishing.

Think very carefully about what you do next.

Just remember how upsetting the last few months have been and for goodness sake don't be GRATEFUL. He has neglected to contact you as promised.

Poppy.

Gloria_Smellons

Don't confuse contacting you, with caring about you. Genuinely caring.

They're not the same thing.

• Like 6

While a lot of people in NC have a part of them that wishes the other would reach out, a part of them also knows that to do so would open up a whole new world of hurt for them all over again. I pray that you get to this point, and fast. The better off you'll be.

• Like 3

Pretty, don't give your power back to him. Things must be going wrong with him to contact you. Don't be a fallback girl, your so much better. I know your hurt and you still have deep feelings for him which is normal. But if he isn't free for you now he never will be...

• Like 1
whichwayisup
Ok what I am trying to say is he may gave tons of bull**** reasons. But he did attempt to text and call me..

And? What happens next? So he called you. Nothing else has changed, right?

Also, why want someone who ignored your bday wishes and disappeared. Then reappear, you want continued contact now with him? Sorry I don't know your backstory so not sure if your A is over or just on hold.

• Like 2

What exactly did he say in his text? Why did he text you? Did he want anything? And what do YOU want? You will end the affair, as soon as you're ready. And you will continue the affair if you want to continue the affair. Ask yourself what you want and then act accordingly. It doesn't matter whether or not he sends you random texts.

lostinlust80

Pretywoman, I feel like we're in the same scenario but I'm a little further ahead of you. I was NC with my AP for 5 mths also when he popped back into my life saying all the right things. I thought he mustve realized his mistake if he came back, right? WRONG! After a month of being hot and heavy, he disappeared again and this time it sucks more bc I feel like I really shouldve known better this time. Good Luck!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
While a lot of people in NC have a part of them that wishes the other would reach out, a part of them also knows that to do so would open up a whole new world of hurt for them all over again. I pray that you get to this point, and fast. The better off you'll be.

So true.. This is exactly how I feel.. For the first couple of months after BU i desperately wanted him to reach out to me, yet I knew that if he did, I would be hurt again and weak..

So when he finally did reach out, I ignored but this was very very hard for me not to respond..

It is so easy to fall in to the trap of feeling bonded and connected again.. And it hurts so much..

But this is the only way to recover - IGNORE

• Like 1
Grapesofwrath
I wrote it here to find out what was the cause of his silence and disappearance few months back..

As usual the responses were, its over and moved on.

Frankly, I pinned that small hope that he would contact me ever again. After 2 months of no Thank you after sending him birthday cards and birthday wishes, I was actually nearing to giving up..

Yesterday marked the best memorable day. He text-ed me by SMS with a new mobile number. Then he called me.

He apologized that he didnt contact me for long time. He did say that due to situation that he gone quiet.

Whoever in NC mode, the chances are you will hear from them again...

Good luck and wishing you all the best..

I agree you must ignore it. The only silver lining is that it's still over but this time you had the power and made it happen. You got your power back. Keep it.

• Like 2

OP, your post sounds as though you were GLAD to hear from him? Like, you're suggesting OWs stay the course and just wait, because we'll hear from them again?

I'm hoping the intent of your message was the exact opposite.

• Like 1