Definition of insanity

lostinlust80

Hi loveshackers, I posted here a few months back when my AP was giving me the polite blow off. I picked myself up and deleted the app we used to communicate and was NC for over 4 months. Some days were harder than others, but I was finally getting to a point where he wasn't the first thing I thought of when I woke up.

Well, sure enough, he contacted me via social media. I have pretty strict privacy settings so he must've been doing some serious Internet investigating to find me. He said he missed me so much and actually dropped the "love" bomb. (We never said I love you before.) now I'm all mixed up and don't know what to think or what this means. I feel like I'm back where I first started.

• Like 1
Decisiontomake

I don't know your history but firstly, well done on the 4 months NC! Secondly I'm sorry he's been selfish enough to break that UNLESS his situation has changed and he's now single. I'd keep it short "has anything changed" and if the answer to that is no then stay strong and don't go there again.

• Like 1
He said he missed me so much and actually dropped the "love" bomb. (We never said I love you before.) now I'm all mixed up and don't know what to think or what this means. I feel like I'm back where I first started.

whichwayisup
Hi loveshackers, I posted here a few months back when my AP was giving me the polite blow off. I picked myself up and deleted the app we used to communicate and was NC for over 4 months. Some days were harder than others, but I was finally getting to a point where he wasn't the first thing I thought of when I woke up.

Well, sure enough, he contacted me via social media. I have pretty strict privacy settings so he must've been doing some serious Internet investigating to find me. He said he missed me so much and actually dropped the "love" bomb. (We never said I love you before.) now I'm all mixed up and don't know what to think or what this means. I feel like I'm back where I first started.

He was fishing. He blew you off, ended things, disappeared and now contacts you? His reaching out is not sincere, nor is it flattering. I hope you find anger and ignore his contact completely.

He is NOT worth this. Find courage and self respect, stay away from him, no good can come of you replying and falling backwards. You have FOUR months of NC under your belt, that's great, so keep on going.

• Like 2
.....now I'm all mixed up and don't know what to think or what this means. I feel like I'm back where I first started.

No, stop.

Breathe.

Look at the title of your thread.

Think.

You've summed it up, haven't you?

The 'Definition of Insanity"...?

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result, yes...?

You KNOW what you have to do.

You have to avoid repetition.

You're honestly not back to square one. He may well be trying to pull you there, but don't let it happen - don't let him win.

It's just madness, if you do.

Look, the phrase, 'back where I started' or 'back to square one', refers to the game of 'Snakes and Ladders.' And that game has its origins in ancient India, when it was devised as a Hindu teaching method for children to learn the effects of karma.

Follow the right path (ladders) and you will create beneficial karma which will bring its own reward. Falter along the path (snake) and your Karma will cause you to repeat your life, until you get it right.

Keep to the ladder.

Avoid the snake. ;)

• Like 2

As someone else said, insanity... doing the same thing over, and over, expecting a different result... and in our case, doing it over, and over, and over, even when we KNOW we aren't going to get a different result, we're just going to get hurt again!

Keep up your 4 months of no contact. You've got this.

Eagle's-bargain
No, stop.

Breathe.

Look at the title of your thread.

Think.

Look at the OP's username. :)

To the OP, don't submit to those strange feelings.

Ask yourself is long term relationships last if there is ZERO trust.

I haven't seen it before, so I guess it doesn't.

Do you trust yourself enough to avoid NC,

and if you can't avoid NC,

do you have sufficient trust

to believe it'll really work "this time around."?

Edited by Eagle's-bargain