Christmas is coming. Gifts?

earlymorningshakes

earlymorningshakes

I'm sure this has been discussed in years past, but I can't find a good post. I know my AP will get me a gift and I feel like I need to get him something for Christmas. His birthday recently passed and I didn't get him anything. Still feeling guilty about that one!

Anyone have good ideas on what I can get that he can take home? He doesn't like sweets. I'm hoping that things go as planned and he will be single by Christmas, but JUST IN CASE, I want to plan something now if he is still in the married situation.

I'm sure this has been discussed in years past, but I can't find a good post. I know my AP will get me a gift and I feel like I need to get him something for Christmas. His birthday recently passed and I didn't get him anything. Still feeling guilty about that one!

Anyone have good ideas on what I can get that he can take home? He doesn't like sweets. I'm hoping that things go as planned and he will be single by Christmas, but JUST IN CASE, I want to plan something now if he is still in the married situation.

I've been there. As much as I hate the lack of personalization, I go the gift card route. My former MM also liked and bought different beers and brandy for himself, so I was able to buy those.

He may not care for sweets, but what about salty treats if you're doing something small?

Is he moving out and into a new place? Restaurant gift cards may be very much appreciated. Or some really good, luxurious sheets and towels.

I know these arent personal gifts, but since I don't know his hobbies....

The best gifts I ever got my friend was on one of those milestone birthdays...like 59 (last year of being in his 50's). I got him "59 things that are older than you are." I was able to track down a local newspaper from the day before he was born, a sports program from a favorite team, a few old books, etc. It wasnt that expensive in the end.

As a MOW my birthday is soon and I don't went anything from MOM. It would just be something id have to hide or lie about. Plus I don't want him spending his family's money on me. That's not what this is about.

And we wont be doing Christmas gifts either.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed derogatory comments
  • Like 2
still_an_Angel

Situation-appropriate, in my case it has to be a consumable item, something that he would buy himself so no suspicions will be raised. A nice bottle of his favorite drink is what I'm planning on. Oh, and a teasing massage from me before he goes on his holiday.;)

I'll probably be getting jewelry, I'll get him a gift certificate to one of his favorite stores, and of course something a little extra mind blowing :)

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
removed off topic comments

We didn't really do gifts, although, he would bring me little treats like candy or a cannoli once in a while. Last Christmas, he gave me a bracelet bc I told him i liked them and I gave him a gift card to the shooting range bc he likes to shoot. That was about all I ever got from him. I gave him a couple of CDs, 1 for his b'day and once a couple of Christmases ago, a Christmas Veggie-Tales CD, as a joke. He taught in our church's children's ministry and liked kids and Veggie-Tales, so that's why I did it.

GollumsNightmare
and once a couple of Christmases ago, a Christmas Veggie-Tales CD, as a joke. He taught in our church's children's ministry and liked kids and Veggie-Tales, so that's why I did it.

Seriously? :sick:

Seriously? :sick:

Not as in a "joke," but as a fun type gift. It was our 1st Christmas involved, and I wanted to give him something he'd like, but nothing serious. I knew I wasn't getting anything, it was just a gift to him from my heart.

We're both avid readers, so we buy each other books a lot. Sometimes he or I will buy two copies of the same book so we can read it together and discuss.

• Like 1

We just bought gifts for the other person that they liked. I don't recall every censoring what to buy. We would also surprise each other with all planned trips where the other person got to be "eye candy". I am more of a trip/experience than gift kind of person anyway.

So cologne, clothing, etc.

We would also surprise each other with all planned trips where the other person got to be "eye candy".

You've sparked my curiosity. How did this work, exactly?

You've sparked my curiosity. How did this work, exactly?

Okay, so for one trip, I set up that we would travel via car, to a very nice resort. I had set up appointments at different wineries, went to some monuments, and scouted out the local town. I had a special dinner set up and a horse back riding outing.

Another time I set up a New Years trip. We went to our favorite town, I had NYE set up, outfits, hair, etc. Took him on a shopping trip and set up a special dinner for his birthday. He was wined and dined and made to feel like eye candy. :laugh:

He has set up different trips to another city we like, did dinners, shows, etc.

We still do this. We try and take turns planning trips where one person does the heavy lifting and the other one gets to just go along for the ride.

Like we have a trip next month, I needed some additional frequent flyer miles to confirm the next level before end of year. So we are planning a trip for it. I have the location scouted (this required a specific number of miles so a transcon :laugh:) and will set up hotel, transportation, and some ideas to do while there. We need some "lovin" time so the plan is to make it mainly around sex but agenda can vary. :laugh::p

I have to say while I enjoy traveling, he ADORES it. So loves to hit the road. I enjoy doing it with him. The other piece, now that we are married, is I will make sure all the home stuff is taken care of, animals, etc. It's hard breaking away from work but I always have such a good time with him.

So a trip is a great idea. Men are so used to being the one planning these things. One thing that just knocked his socks off is right at the beginning I took charge to do things to impress him. So we developed a healthy competition on planning better and better trips. And he likes to be loved in that manner, where he doesn't have to run with everything. That speaks his love language.

And it can be something as simple as a locale trip out, just hitting up a few wineries to just sample and chill, or plan a hike and picnic. It doesn't have to cost a lot of money. It is more about the energy put into it that speaks volumes.

During the A, gifts would typically include jewellery, clothing, music, books, and "experiences".

It would depend on the person's tastes, circumstances and how much you're wanting to spend, I guess.