How are you finding a new person?

This question may seem a little odd. But, how are those of you that are moving on doing it? I mean how are you meeting a new person? I have never spent much time not in a relationship in my life. But, my last few relationships have been with people from my past. I tried the online dating thing and never seem to click with the ones I have met. The job I have isn't really the kind of job where you meet people at work. I don't go to bars, and if I did that isn't where I would want to meet anyone. I guess just wondering how you are putting yourselves out there. I am not young! I just turned 50 fyi. But, I am in great shape and look great for my age. FYI. Not superficial great, just have got good genes out of the gene pool. :)

GreySkyMorning

I met my guy online on a dating site. I had a few dates from there that were purely frustrating and I'd pretty much given up. He said he'd only messaged two women on there, counting myself. We just finished our first year together.

• Like 1
  • Author
I met my guy online on a dating site. I had a few dates from there that were purely frustrating and I'd pretty much given up. He said he'd only messaged two women on there, counting myself. We just finished our first year together.

That is good to hear. Most of my co-workers (nurses) have all met their significant other with an online dating site. Maybe I should try again?

Maybe not obsessing about it would be a start. Don't get me wrong, at 38, and being a dude, only now do i a need for a constant love, but the line between "love me" and "f**k you too" is a super fine line. I stepped away and felt amazing power, odd thing is, she followed suit, and is about to leave the house. This OW/OM stuff is Craaaaaaazy.

• Like 1

I met the guy that I am currently dating on a dating website. I have heard so many bad things about it, but we were both super up front about who we are/were and we were both very much as we'd portrayed each other to be online. It was quite refreshing.

• Like 1

Meeting my new guy and appreciating his wonderful qualities have definitely helped me heal. Before I met him, I did some major self-reflection and realized that I had been in a string of relationships with problems because I cruised right through red flags and CHOSE situations that guaranteed drama.

Man-child with depression and anger issues? check

Guy frighteningly obsessed with an ex? check

and the coup de grace? Guy with a WIFE! Hellllooooooo!

Dating can be really exhausting and time consuming. What about signing up for activities that you love where there are available men? That way you can enjoy your freedom, enrich your life, and when the stars align, meet someone who shares a passion with you. Win-win-win.

• Like 1
GreySkyMorning
That is good to hear. Most of my co-workers (nurses) have all met their significant other with an online dating site. Maybe I should try again?

I too know several people that have met their significant others that way. I think the key is to not going into any meeting with the idea of a relationship. I always thought of it as "I'm going to just meet this person one time and if nothing else, maybe it's a free meal. And don't make plans to meet the first time over anything like dinner, etc. Make it a 15-30 minute coffee date. Lets you weed out the weirdo's without too much investment.

My honey had messaged me in July of last year. Actually, I think I messaged him first. We exchanged about two emails each, then he told me that he had already made arrangements to meet the other girl before I'd messaged him and he didn't think it was fair to meet two women at once. I thought he was gone for good. In October, he messaged me again wanting to know if I was still interested in meeting or if I'd already found someone. He said the other girl was nice but they just weren't a good match. We met over coffee and the rest is history. He was talking last night about how we'd have a big garden one day, etc and starting looking for a date to take a cruise next spring. But if I hadn't made the decision to stop settling for someone else's crumbs, none of it would have happened.

• Like 1

Im 67 and ended a 6 year on/off affair 6 months ago.

I have recently met a lovely man on a dating website. I put a lot of thought into the qualities I was looking for and what would be acceptable to me.

After several dates I had almost given up hope until I met this one. It seems to be going well.

Keep trying and be very clear about your values and your self worth. Never settle for somebody who isn't right for you .

Good luck,

Poppy.

• Like 2

Surely you can volunteer ine night a week or a few times a month.

Id get the word out to your friends that your open to dating...people love to play match maker.

You never know. Try and have fun with it though!

It has a lot to do I'd imagine with the vibe you give off.

Think casually about it and stay positive!

50 is young!

• Like 1