"jumped off a train running off the tracks"

I swear the song "Don't hold your Breath" (Nicole Scherzinger) was written by an fOW who had gotten out of an A. It's really amazing.

"I was under your spell for such a long time couldn't break the chains

You played with my heart tore me apart with all your lies and games

It took all the strength I had but I crawled up on my feet again

Now you're trying to lure me back but no those days are gone my friend

I loved you so much that I thought some day that you could change

But all you brought me was a heart full of pain.

You can't touch me now, there's no feeling left

If you think I'm coming back, don't hold your breath.

What you did to me, boy, I can't forget

If you think I'm coming back, don't hold your breath."

There's a few people posting on here about considering NC, or just started NC, and I just wanted to put some encouragement out there. I've only been in NC myself for just over 5 weeks after being an OW for 4.5 years, but it's already the most incredible empowering feeling. Sure, I miss MM like crazy at times, but it's okay, missing him is part of moving on. There is so much to live for when you aren't tied down by life as an OW. Going NC is an incredibly painful experience, and I know when you're in the A it's hard to even imagine ending it, but IT IS SO WORTH IT. I promise.

• Like 2

Yay!!!

Me too! I have more energy and enthusiasm at the moment than I have had for years!

Seriously thinking of starting an empowerment thread, to encourage all of us OW to stay true to ourselves and to get out of these toxic situations.

NC has me walking taller, laughing longer, and getting things done in MY life, for ME.

So much time and energy gets wasted in these dead end pseudo relationships.

You go girl!

• Like 1

glow worm, I continue to be amazed by you and really happy for you. I'm so glad you are on the other side and can see clearly now.

I did something tonight I haven't done during my months of NC and read a few old emails that I had sent exMM during the A. Found one where I apologized for not being in contact because I had to use the bathroom!!!! OMFG. The abuse of these relationships is mind boggling.

Anyhoo, I am grateful for the reminder that my exMM is an epic d*****. Whenever I have a warm, fuzzy thought of him, I just remind myself of the behaviors that showed his REAL nature.

Good riddance! Hallelujah!:)

• Like 1