Feeling stupid cause I know it ain't no you and me

Here I go...this is my confessional...I'm having an affair with a married man.

You might judge me. Think I'm a homewrecker. A slut. A horrible human being that should have karma kick her ass.

But it's not something I planned. Or hoped for. Or something that I wanted. That I want.

I don't want sympathy, I just want to release these emotions that have been bottled up for the last year.

Being the 'Other Woman' is hell on earth. Having such strong feelings for someone and only getting stolen moments...being in love and seeing that person who you would do anything for have a life with someone else...Seeing him hug, and kiss and hold someone else and wishing fervently it was you...it's not preferably. It's not easy. It's not something anyone should ever have to go through.

I've tried to stop. I've tried telling myself it's not worth it. He's not worth it. But then he gives me another moment. My resolve is gone. All I want is him.

And in the long stretches of time where I can't be with him, I'm lonely. And depressed.

Every moment with him is heaven. And every moment apart is hell.

Most of my time is spent in hell.

I need space.

I need to not see him everyday.

I need to get over him and move on.

At the same time I need to see him. Talk to him. Hug him. Have him touch me.

Hell is a horrible place. But heaven is intoxicating and addictive. Days of hell for a few hours of heaven seems like nothing and everything at the same time.

He has the best of both worlds then. A sucker wife and a sycophantic mistress.

I would say "get over it, its the choice you make when sticking your finger in someone else's jam" but you dear, need some "Where's my backbone?" therapy.

Any woman who abdicates her free will to a person who has obviously manipulated everything to his own advantage, and willingly plays into his contrived scenario, I'm afraid deserves the hell she gives herself. I'm sure his wife would go ballistic if she ever though for one moment, her loving, demonstrably affectionate and loyal, devoted husband was actually sticking it somewhere else, all the while. I take it from your comments, you see them together quite a lot? or is this what you imagine happens between them? Or maybe he's told you this, and given you an account of their supposed relationship? In any case, this will, inevitably end in tears. If and when the s*hi*t hits the fan, guess who (between you or his wife) will get forcefully hurled under a bus? I'd steer clear of A Greyhound depot, dear....

Forgive the lack of sympathy. Had you told us that the man swept you off his feet, you fell head over heels in love with him, and then discovered the whole thing had been a lie, because he is married, I may well give you a comforting forum-hug. But you are in this eyes wide open. However, you really need to have a surgeon remove those rose-tinted specs because they do nothing for you but completely obscure and blank your judgement, let alone cloud it.

You may well receive far more empathetic responses from others who may 'have been there and done that'. My personal opinion is that you have the choice: of either ruining your own life and everyone else's and being a participant in the destruction of a marriage, or not. You made the former choice. So I can't condone that in any way.

• Like 3
spookysonata
Here I go...this is my confessional...I'm having an affair with a married man.

You might judge me. Think I'm a homewrecker. A slut. A horrible human being that should have karma kick her ass.

But it's not something I planned. Or hoped for. Or something that I wanted. That I want.

I don't want sympathy, I just want to release these emotions that have been bottled up for the last year.

Being the 'Other Woman' is hell on earth. Having such strong feelings for someone and only getting stolen moments...being in love and seeing that person who you would do anything for have a life with someone else...Seeing him hug, and kiss and hold someone else and wishing fervently it was you...it's not preferably. It's not easy. It's not something anyone should ever have to go through.

I've tried to stop. I've tried telling myself it's not worth it. He's not worth it. But then he gives me another moment. My resolve is gone. All I want is him.

And in the long stretches of time where I can't be with him, I'm lonely. And depressed.

Every moment with him is heaven. And every moment apart is hell.

Most of my time is spent in hell.

I need space.

I need to not see him everyday.

I need to get over him and move on.

At the same time I need to see him. Talk to him. Hug him. Have him touch me.

Hell is a horrible place. But heaven is intoxicating and addictive. Days of hell for a few hours of heaven seems like nothing and everything at the same time.

This is very sad. Do you really think this is the best you can do? How little you must think of yourself.

• Like 2