Looking for input from OW/mistresses

Hi ladies. I'm glad I found his site as I need some advice from you. I am a 30yr old female. Excuse my profile name, I was cursed with a male name..lol My dilemna is not one I can easliy talk about with my friends for obvious reasons. It involves a MM.

I recently met a married 45yr police officer. I went to report a crime (which is likely to be an ongoing investigation, but he's not dealing with it). I was in an interview room with him and could'nt help but notice how hot he was! Built like a rugby/american football player and well groomed. Just my type:love: I also noticed he was wearing a wedding ring. This made me be a little cautious around him as I did not want to offend him. I was checking him out anyway, discreetly but he soon noticed this but did'nt seem to mind. He was very professional, quiet and not creepy. Clearly not the kind of guy would flirts mercilessly with women.

Soon he was checking me out too including my boobs. It was obvious to us both by then we were sexually attracted but we both tried to remain professional. Soon we were engaged in conversation which quickly moved from what I had come to the station to report to other neutral topics like politics, sports etc

We were both clearly enjoying the conversation and he was laughing and seemed relaxed with me. There was alot of eye contact especially prolonged eye contact (locked gazes) and were were both smiling and laughing alot. Nothing sexual was said or done but it was obvious we liked each other. When the interview ended he mentioned he was 45, this was after i joked about how turning 30 was depressing for me. I said goodbye to him and left him putting the paperwork away.

When I got to the police station door, I heard him calling me and though i'd left something behind. Instead he walked with me to the door and stood there for about 30mins and talked to me. I felt awkward with us standing there talking at someone could have seen us. This may have gave him the impression I was disinterested which is not true. Before he left he did say he though I was an ''intelligent young woman''This pleased me but was he flirting or just complimenting me? Mmmm.

I have facebook stalked him and see his marriage might be on the rocks. He also seems to work night shift alot so may be avoiding his wife. I don't know what to do really. I will be seeing him again as this ''police matter'' is ongoing. I don't know how to play this and don't want to waste an opportunity to make progress with him. If his marriage is ending great! If not, I can't believe i'm saying this, but I'm happy to be his mistress. I am sexually attracted to him and have'nt felt a connection like this for a looong time. Any advice? Do you think he likes me too?

Edited by DylanC1
Hope Shimmers

I am wondering why you are interested in a man who is clearly married. Are you looking for an affair?

You said he was "Clearly not the kind of guy would flirts mercilessly with women". And you know that, how? I would beg to differ. By his behavior towards you, he probably does this to many women he encounters, for whatever reason.

If you are interested in an affair with a married man and all that goes with it, then great! I'm sure a man like that will have no problems having an affair with you. Sex and an illicit affair, but not a real relationship. It's up to you what you want.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 2

At the risk of repeating myself for the zillionth time, here's the relevant section of the guidelines which applies to the now-deleted discussion:

"We expect that all participants will respond to posts in their specific context, not to the person who has posted. While opinions may be formed of various members based on what they have posted in the past, any response to any particular submission should be grounded in what has been posted in that thread."

There's also a sticky thread at the top of this forum (OW/OM) which explicitly explains the conduct and decorum the site expects to occur in this forum. Regurgitation over. There's a topic here. Discuss it, or not and, if discussing it, please do so within our guidelines. Thank you!

• Like 1
Lernaean_Hydra

If you know he's married then stay away. It really doesn't matter that his marriage "seems to be on the rocks" or not. He's still married, end of story. Unless of course you don't care about such things... :confused:

You see, I too recently met a cop during a police investigation and we chatted for an hour and a half. He was very attractive and obviously thought I was very attractive too. Soon enough we were flirting pretty heavily bordering on inappropriate/sexual. Then he let it slip that he was married. Not only married, but also had a young child. I politely put an end to the flirtation then and there.

How is it that I'm several years younger than you and still managed to figure out that married means off limits...no matter how badly you want it? I really have no other advice to give except for let it go.

• Like 7
Hi ladies. I'm glad I found his site as I need some advice from you. I am a 30yr old female. Excuse my profile name, I was cursed with a male name..lol My dilemna is not one I can easliy talk about with my friends for obvious reasons. It involves a MM.

Why can't you approach your friends and family with this?

Its not snarky at all - because I think you need to reflect, deeply, on why YOU think approaching them is a bad idea. Clearly, some part of you, is ALREADY whispering "caution" or "danger".

Listen to it.

Before he left he did say he though I was an ''intelligent young woman''This pleased me but was he flirting or just complimenting me? Mmmm.

Only you know - without non-verbal clues its virtually impossible to say.

I have facebook stalked him and see his marriage might be on the rocks. He also seems to work night shift alot so may be avoiding his wife. I don't know what to do really. I will be seeing him again as this ''police matter'' is ongoing. I don't know how to play this and don't want to waste an opportunity to make progress with him. If his marriage is ending great! If not, I can't believe i'm saying this, but I'm happy to be his mistress. I am sexually attracted to him and have'nt felt a connection like this for a looong time. Any advice? Do you think he likes me too?

OK - well, this is easy.

If you are going to be the OW - simply, on your next meeting, ask him out for a date! As a man, I PROMISE, being asked out is an amazing feeling - especially since its still a rare event for most men.

I would urge you reconsider. OR, at the least, read stories here or elsewhere where OW need to vent. Is needing to vent about the very nature of an R(elationship) (in this case an A(ffair)) a good and healthy thing?

These A's are, typically, painful for all involved - even for those who get happily ever after....

• Author
Why can't you approach your friends and family with this?

Its not snarky at all - because I think you need to reflect, deeply, on why YOU think approaching them is a bad idea. Clearly, some part of you, is ALREADY whispering "caution" or "danger".

Listen to it.

Only you know - without non-verbal clues its virtually impossible to say.

OK - well, this is easy.

If you are going to be the OW - simply, on your next meeting, ask him out for a date! As a man, I PROMISE, being asked out is an amazing feeling - especially since its still a rare event for most men.

I would urge you reconsider. OR, at the least, read stories here or elsewhere where OW need to vent. Is needing to vent about the very nature of an R(elationship) (in this case an A(ffair)) a good and healthy thing?

These A's are, typically, painful for all involved - even for those who get happily ever after....

Thanks. Your reply was really helpful. I have talked to one friend about it and my friend suggested I wait for this MM to approach me first. Then I can ask him where he is with his marriage. I'm in turmoil over this as we clearly got on but this is not a straightforward situation. I have been reading other people's posts and it's eye opening.

• Author
If you know he's married then stay away. It really doesn't matter that his marriage "seems to be on the rocks" or not. He's still married, end of story. Unless of course you don't care about such things... :confused:

You see, I too recently met a cop during a police investigation and we chatted for an hour and a half. He was very attractive and obviously thought I was very attractive too. Soon enough we were flirting pretty heavily bordering on inappropriate/sexual. Then he let it slip that he was married. Not only married, but also had a young child. I politely put an end to the flirtation then and there.

How is it that I'm several years younger than you and still managed to figure out that married means off limits...no matter how badly you want it? I really have no other advice to give except for let it go.

Yes, you are several years younger than me and I'm pleased you stood your ground. Good for you!:)

I will tell you one thing. A cops wife is the last person you want to piss off. I say this from experience. You think getting on the bad side of a cop is bad....

Think lo oolong and hard if you want to be involved in the drama when she finds out. And she will find out. Cops are notorious cheaters. Also from experience I know this.

Your life could be made to be very difficult.

• Like 5
wanting more

Have you been in an affair before? It's a great feeling to have someone you find so good looking seem attracted to you. A very good high. Problem is, if this does turn into an A, that great high will reach lows you've never thought you sink to.

Don't so it. The very very few that can seal with As and the emotions Rr exceptions to the rule. It doesn't always stay fun.

And just think, if you walked into the police station and it was so obvious he felt some attraction towards you that easily, think of how many other women he feels that attention to just as easily.

whichwayisup

I have facebook stalked him and see his marriage might be on the rocks. He also seems to work night shift alot so may be avoiding his wife

He is a cop and they do shift work of all hours, depending what shift he's on that week.

You're assuming he's avoiding his wife with no proof and don't use facebook to confirm what is going on in his marriage.

Please really think about what it is you're doing. Read more threads in this section and also in the infidelity section. If this guy's marriage is fine and he's flirting with you, giving you the green light for something to happen, he's an idiot and you're not the first woman he's done this to or with. Also, imagine if you were his wife? How would you feel?

You've not invested anything in him except noticed he's hot and interesting to talk to. Please leave it at that and shut the door to this before you get hurt.

• Like 7

I would be lying if I said I never felt the whole throw caution to the wind and downplay the risks in your mind and just go with your feelings type of feeling.I have. But experience has taught me, and just reading around the forums, that just going with it often ends in you being hurt and in a mess.

Thinking you can just be his mistress...well read around, lots of OW thought it could be casual but end up in love and miserable because as it happens with anyone in love you want to spend lots of time with this person and build a life with them and share everything and be open and do normal things and have a relationship that can grow...but if you're in an A then you most likely can't get that from the situation and just end up with a lot more trouble than you ever bargained for.

The problem is there is NO WAY to prevent yourself from falling in love, so my suggestion would be to think about that before deciding that you wouldn't mind being his mistress. You say it so casually but I'm wondering if you know what it entails. Unless you just want to be a booty call, which I think is easier and can be more successful than an affair relationship, i.e. where you don't really talk a lot or hang out a lot except when you're sexting, flirting and setting up a meeting to have sex. I've been with men who were committed elsewhere twice, but one was an affair relationship (which had all the hurt and everything else because of the frustrations of being in love in such a context) and one was a booty call/FWB situation where I had no emotional attachment to him. I thought he was cool, funny, sexy and we had intense sexual chemistry...but only got together to hook up and I didn't care one bit what he did otherwise as I didn't have romantic feelings for him and did not treat him like a bf neither did I expect him to treat me like a gf. It was understood that what we had was purely casual and we did NOT blur the lines. I think that type of situation is easier to carry out simply because you're not emotionally invested than wanting to be a mistress or OW in the sense of having a relationship with real feelings with someone married.

You've FB stalked him but FB doesn't always paint an accurate picture so I wouldn't make too many assumptions about his marriage and life based on it. Yes he seems to like you or be attracted....but in my head I'm like so what?

You probably aren't interested in this kind of advice but for me the safest bet is to leave it alone and just let this pass. You don't know this man besides your sexual attraction and brief conversation, in a phrase "It's not that deep." The world won't stop because you didn't act on your attraction to a married man. You'll eventually get over it and probably save yourself a lot of potential hurt instead of betting on the off chance that he is your soulmate who just needs to divorce or the off chance that you can somehow have a wonderful, uncomplicated affair and end it whenever you want. But if you must, I would admit I'm interested and say that too bad he's married because you don't do married men BUT if he ever gets a divorce he should look you up.

Edited by MissBee
  • Like 1
wind willow
If not, I can't believe i'm saying this, but I'm happy to be his mistress.

Are you sure of that or are you letting your lady parts do the thinking?

Have you had no strings attached, casual sex relationships before? If yes, and you're one of the people who does fine with them, then you might be fine in a purely physical affair. It's not what I would do or recommend, but it's your choice.

If you haven't experienced that type of arrangement, I would strongly caution you to consider whether you're fooling yourself about your ability to handle it. For most women (and some men), emotions inevitably creep in with sex. It's painful when you develop feelings for your single partner but they don't want a full relationship with you -- especially if they're okay with stringing you along in order to keep the sex. It's even harder to handle when the partner not only doesn't want a full relationship with you and is stringing you along but does want to maintain a relationship with someone else. Doesn't exactly make you feel good about yourself.

ETA: Also, I agree with the posters who think he probably flirts with other women this way. And my best friend's husband is a cop. He works night shifts all the time. He's crazy about her. He waited 3 years for her after she broke up with him and started dating someone else because he wasn't sure he wanted to be married. Night shifts definitely don't mean their relationship is on the rocks.

Edited by wind willow
Livingeachday

I'm a bit baffled: How can you make assumptions of the state of a "strangers" (cause that's what he effectively is) marriage from facebook stalking? People post stuff that give a completely wrong impression about their real life on facebook all the time...

• Like 2
I'm a bit baffled: How can you make assumptions of the state of a "strangers" (cause that's what he effectively is) marriage from facebook stalking? People post stuff that give a completely wrong impression about their real life on facebook all the time...

Yes...this part of your post is difficult to accept as anything but wishful thinking on your part. I NEVER assume anything based on Facebook. Many people exclusively post heavily filtered and photo shopped pictures of themselves. It's not reality...or it's not reality unless you know the person IRL and can verify what they say.

Stay away from cops, especially married cops. Just speaking from experience here. I wouldn't paint everyone with a badge with a broad brush, but the one's who are looking for something on the side usually have some serious issues. And the nature of their job just amplifies the drama in their personal lives. For all you know, he could be married to another officer. Or worse yet, involved in an A with another officer. And God forbid he sees you looking at or talking to another man. Guys in positions of power like that tend to get jealous and use that power to get what they want, to some very nefarious ends.

Without wanting to make sweeping generalisations here, the police force does attract a lot of guys who like to play around. It's notorious for affairs. You're not the first pretty girl in a vulnerable position that he's charmed with his power, and you won't be the last. If he IS the type to succumb, by all means become his OW and then be prepared to discover a few others.

That aside, you only have to look around these forums to see how it will go -

You know nothing about him at this point, so the attraction is mostly physical

You convince yourself that you therefore only want sex or FWB

He reassures you that his marriage is dead, but hey - kids and money

He tells you how lonely and stressed his job is, and that she just ignores him

You start an affair and the sex is great

He sneaks over to see you at the end of his shift

You find yourself waiting for his calls

You drop everything because you don't know when he'll get time again

You wonder if he'll leave his wife for you

He'd love to, but hey - kids and money

You leave it because you're happy with just an affair

You start being not quite so happy with it

You want more than an affair and push him to leave her

He says he will at some random date in the future

The date passes and nothing happens

You spend more time upset than happy

He reassures you that he loves only you, he just can't

You don't get why he won't be with you, even though you went into it only wanting sex

Now your agenda has changed and he's supposed to fall in with it

You either force a d day or it just happens

He throws you under the bus so fast you don't even have time to read the destination board.

You wish you could come back to today, and tell yourself it's not worth it.

Edited by Mascara
  • Like 6
PachucaSunrise

He was very professional, quiet and not creepy. Clearly not the kind of guy would flirts mercilessly with women.

Not to sound like a jerk, but how do you know? I realize this is the impression you got, but in reality, you JUST met him.

Soon he was checking me out too including my boobs. It was obvious to us both by then we were sexually attracted but we both tried to remain professional.

We were both clearly enjoying the conversation and he was laughing and seemed relaxed with me. There was alot of eye contact especially prolonged eye contact (locked gazes) and were were both smiling and laughing alot. Nothing sexual was said or done but it was obvious we liked each other.

I also realize that this kind of attention must have felt nice, especially coming from a guy who you're clearly attracted to. Who doesn't enjoy a little harmless flirtation? But the key here is... Is it harmless? I could be wrong, but on your end, I don't think it is.

Before he left he did say he though I was an ''intelligent young woman''This pleased me but was he flirting or just complimenting me? Mmmm.

Again, I'm sure this felt nice as well. A guy, who you think is super hot, telling you that you're an "intelligent young woman." Oh, I love hearing that myself! Who doesn't love a great compliment?! But, from my perspective, I definitely think he was flirting... Through a sly way of complimenting you. Not saying you're not an intelligent young woman, but any girl in their right mind would most likely take this compliment just the way you did... ESPECIALLY after picking up on all the sexual attraction from both sides.

I don't know how to play this and don't want to waste an opportunity to make progress with him. If his marriage is ending great! If not, I can't believe i'm saying this, but I'm happy to be his mistress. I am sexually attracted to him and have'nt felt a connection like this for a looong time. Any advice? Do you think he likes me too?

As others have said - on Facebook, especially, people present themselves exactly how they'd like to be seen. Maybe his marriage is on the rocks... Maybe not? That's something that may never become clear, unless you hear it from him. And again, I'm certainly not trying to sound like a jerk here, but it really sounds as though you're jumping the gun. You had one encounter with a man who gave you a bit of an ego boost - a man you're very attracted to. Aside from a little bit of flirtation, you don't know him from Adam.

You also mentioned something about feeling slightly depressed after turning 30... So, of course this kind of attention is gonna make you feel good! I TOTALLY get that. And after not feeling this type of connection in such a long time, well, that's the icing on the cake! Believe me, I get it. I really do.

"I don't know how to play this and don't want to waste an opportunity to make progress with him. If his marriage is ending great! If not, I can't believe i'm saying this, but I'm happy to be his mistress."

I find this statement most concerning. I'm certainly not condoning it, but if you've been a mistress before where it was solely based on sex, and were able to handle it, that's one thing. If you haven't - well, this is a WHOLE NEW BALLGAME.

You're going to come in contact with him again, so you really have to think LONG and HARD before you find yourself tangled up in one huge mess. Of course he's interested - he's throwing out all the signals. But from reading between the lines, I'm sensing that there is a lack of something on your part... A slight lack of self-esteem, maybe? I only say this because if you haven't played the role of a mistress before, and are eager to do so now, you're depriving yourself of a million and one aspects that a REAL relationship can offer you. You deserve the whole package... We all do.

Not very long ago, I was in your shoes. I did not plan on being the OW. I definitely could have made better choices, but I didn't have the chance you have right now... To get such wonderful advice and think things through long and hard before I crossed the line. Now I can only look back and truly see how I settled, and how I did so because my self-esteem was in the S$itter.

You're at a point now where you can save yourself a lifetime of agony. That is, if you don't pursue anything more with this man. I can tell you first-hand that there is nothing glamorous about being the OW. The attention is nice, sure... All the hoping and dreaming that you'll eventually live happily ever after. It makes you feel like you're on top of the world, but when things don't work out exactly the way you'd like them to, it's the biggest and most soul-crushing fall from grace that you'll ever experience.

I wish you the best of luck and can only hope you do not find yourself in a situation like mine. You have time... Precious, precious time, to figure out what you really want and how you demand to be treated. Use it wisely and definitely keep us posted. :)

• 6 months later...
  • Author

Thanks everyone for your advice to my thread. I handled this situation with this married policeman as best as I could and by that I mean...nothing happened because I did'nt let it. I sent him a thank you letter as in all honesty he was helpful and kind to me. The letter did'nt include any contact details so he won't contact me. You're allowed to thank an officer and assuming he is this helpful generally, it was worth thanking him.

PachucaSunrise, your good advice left me with alot to think about. It was obvious to me he liked me and even after our 'meeting' the first time, he tried to follow 'things' up. By that I mean push the attraction further. Nothing happened.

For 5 years I have been away from the dating scene. I took myself off the market after a failed r/ship back then and alot of other personal problems I was dealing with. I had a nervous breakdown and decided then to re-evaluate my life and my approach to romance. I took some time out.

2 years ago I dipped my toe in the dating pond with no success. I did'nt find any guys that interested me and then...this hot policeman pops up and I feel a click. It was nice sure, but not the best situation. He may be getting separated, divorced or whatever for all I know, but I deserve a man who is available right now and without potential drama. My take on it, is he must have been thrilled to get attention from a much younger woman and as he may be unhappy in his marriage (otherwise he would'nt have been so forward with me) he will more than likely find a woman who will take things further with him if not me. He may be on the prowl and testing the waters with any woman who seems keen on him. Maybe he is just a player and I had a lucky escape.

The sexual tension did'nt help either. Years of no sex only added to the attraction. But I'll get something to help:bunny::o A vibrator maybe..lol Also i don't think I've really changed my bad dating habits and need to use this experience to learn something. :confused:

Edited by DylanC1
  • Like 4

As a former OW, I can tell you with complete assurance, without a drop of reservation, that getting involved with a MM was by far one of the most hurtful, disastrous decisions I've ever made. If you proceed with this, I can assure you that you will regret it with all your heart. And I don't care how hot you are, how hot he is, how hot the sex is, how crappy his marriage is, or how great you are in bed, this has a huge chance of disaster written all over it.

Another thing that you don't see right now but will happen -- sexy MM who will feel like your best friend and lover will silently judge you for being with a MM and question whether you're marriage material after all. This is how men think. And just remember that while men are often quite willing to cheat, they are highly hesitant to leave their marriages. This truth will blindside you with the force of a hurricane. And it'll probably hit you right around the time he leaves you to go home to his wife, and when you realize that bad marriage of his will have more holding power than you ever imagined.

On top of all this, you're dealing with a policeman and, hate to say it, but a lot of them are known cheaters. I seriously doubt this is his first adventure.

All in all, you're about to step into a snake pit. Wait until he's divorced - and good luck with that - to move this relationship in any direction.

Edited by bathtub-row
  • Author
As a former OW, I can tell you with complete assurance, without a drop of reservation, that getting involved with a MM was by far one of the most hurtful, disastrous decisions I've ever made. If you proceed with this, I can assure you that you will regret it with all your heart. And I don't care how hot you are, how hot he is, how hot the sex is, how crappy his marriage is, or how great you are in bed, this has a huge chance of disaster written all over it.

Another thing that you don't see right now but will happen -- sexy MM who will feel like your best friend and lover will silently judge you for being with a MM and question whether you're marriage material after all. This is how men think. And just remember that while men are often quite willing to cheat, they are highly hesitant to leave their marriages. This truth will blindside you with the force of a hurricane. And it'll probably hit you right around the time he leaves you to go home to his wife, and when you realize that bad marriage of his will have more holding power than you ever imagined.

On top of all this, you're dealing with a policeman and, hate to say it, but a lot of them are known cheaters. I seriously doubt this is his first adventure.

All in all, you're about to step into a snake pit. Wait until he's divorced - and good luck with that - to move this relationship in any direction.

I agree with you wholly. I met this MM months ago last year. Thankfully i chose not to act on anything. He may be a notorious cheat sure or may be looking for something to entertain him.

This experience has allowed me to look at my approach to r.ships again and i want and DESERVE a healthy, happy r.ship. Yes, he is hot, seemed very interested in me, BUT he is unavailable. If he left his W, maybe I would consider dating him. Like you say men judge women e.g if a woman is happy to be a mistress is she worthy of being a wife?

Women judge men too and I wonder if he was like this with me, how many other girls has he leapt on? He was very forward with me. A respectable MM especially someone in a respectable job like his, would have been held back and tried to discourage me. It was obvious when I look back now, that it was clear I liked him. Although I did'nt flirt openly, body language says alot.

He responded to me like a single guy would. Then when he followed me out, that was a dead give away. He may, as we speak, have already found a 'playmate' as it seems to me he was on the prowl. Either way I would'nt be able to trust him if he was my husband or boyfriend and if I took him on, I'd be bothered by his behaviour. I wonder how his wife would feel if she knew he was like this? Maybe she knows.

But bottom line, I've held strong and not acted on anything. I'm just un-nerved that I would even consider doing anything with a MM. As PachucaSunrise pointed out, self esteem or lack of, comes into question.

He was kind to me and if I ever saw him again around town or on duty, I'd never be rude but i'd avoid flirtations with him. Being the OW is'nt great I'm aware and the advice given here helped me greatly.

Oh! and I did tell some friends about this and they were fine but firm with me. One friend echoed you Bathtub-row and said something like "He may want you now and will have a good time with you, use you to cope with his unhappy marriage and when he does finally decide to leave his W, he will divorce her and start a new life on a clean slate with someone new, Someone who does not remind him of his marriage e.g his W or mistress"

That hit home hard!!!!!

Edited by DylanC1
  • Like 1

I'm really glad you dodged this bullet for your own sake. You saved yourself a lot of heartache, OP. You will find someone in the dating scene, don't give up on that. Just don't make the same mistakes we did.

• Like 1

I just want to clarify here that just because he may have been flirting, means nothing about his marriage status.

Cops in general are attention hungry, it's part of why they choose the job. Being a cops wife is hard work and frustrating. The last thing a cops wife deserves is to be cheated on.

Unfortunately the environment is one of acceptance to infidelity. Wether the wife agrees or not. The Co workers often egg them on since it makes them feel like everyone does it so it's ok.

Women throw themselves at cops as they love the power and the uniform. He can have the greatest wife at home but combine the long hours with the constant open invitations alot of them will cheat. It has nothing to do with how happy he is at home. It has everything to do with the man's endless need for attention combined with opputunity.

Edited by MuddyRock

Sounds like you are assuming an awful lot from one meeting and FB.

If a married man tries to flirt with me I feel a bit yucky....

Poppy

• Like 1
Sounds like you are assuming an awful lot from one meeting and FB.

If a married man tries to flirt with me I feel a bit yucky....

Poppy

^THIS, and the fact that you met him a couple of times for police business.... over 6 months ago.

• Like 1