Bumped into him today... emotional slip back...

jesienna31

Just a little update... and I also need to let it out...

I have been in NC for almost 2 months now.. it DOES get easier with the time... I see myself that I stopped obsessing so much about him and I do have longer periods of time when he just doesn't crosses my mind. I thought I was doing soooo well but today was a big test day for me.

I saw him just outside of the office we work in... with his wife... and her big baby bump. The pregnancy is now so advanced and they look so happy together. He saw me but pretended he did not, so I was completly ignored, although we were passing each other so close. Anyway seeing them together made me feel so jealous and hurt again... I know I shouldn't feel this way cause he was never mine but I just can't stop thinking about it. I feel so angry again, so hurt and upset... just like it was a first day of NC. I was thinking about him ALL THE TIME today... I am just hoping that this feeling will go away. I do miss him a lot.

I'm so sorry you are hurting. If it is any consolation you can hold your head up knowing you have behaved admirably. You will soon be back to feeling good about your life and your choices.

• Like 1
Denton2406

I know the feeling, I had an awful Xmas last year as I saw a pic of the wife on FB with a massive baby bump and it tipped me over the edge. Things do get better and I have a smug sense of satisfaction now, as after 8 months of no contact, during which time I am so glad I didn't cave in, he contacted me last week for my birthday! He must have been stalking my whatsapp or facebook to even know it was my bday. Things will get better, but it takes time.