Jumping from one relationship to the next?!

Do you think that some people jump from one relationship to the next in order to drown the feelings that they may have had for the first person.....my guy told his new gf that he ended things with me because I wanted a serious committment...this isn't true....but I think he got scared...he is either an Academy award winning actor or just needed this new girl to stop thinking about me...OR? I don't get it...I can't just go from one person to the next.....my heart wouldn't be in it.....Opinions?!

My opinion is that you should try VERY hard to stop guessing about or trying to comprehend his motivation. It may be quite illogical, and I am sure it will NOT help you get over him. Just write him off as a twit who did not know a good thing when he had one.

Good advice sole mate. I too think you should stop trying to figure out his motivation because there are sooooooooo many possibilities that it could be any one of them....

He could feel the need to re-assure his ego after ending one relationship so he hurries and jumps into another one.

He could maybe not handle being alone (maybe he has really low self esteem and needs someone to make himself feel ok).

Maybe (though I doubt) that he could have jumped into a new relationship to drown out feelings he had for you by dating/sleeping with someone new. (I don't mean to sound mean but this isn't very common at least I don't think so. IMHO).

Or maybe he wants to see what else is out there and isn't ready to be committed to one woman because he likes experiencing many different people.

There are way tooo many "maybes" to know for sure so the best thing is for you to focus on the future and move on to find someone who'll appreciate and cherish you!