xMOM, saw him, sort of...

littlemermaid

so my friend (xMOM's wife) wanted to hang out last week. I have been doing well in avoiding her (and him, ever since he was cold and basically lied in my face a few weeks ago), but she was insisting, so I told her she could come over. They live fairly close by and I thought he would be already at work and that she would be walking over.

Well, he drove her over to my house...which he could have done that and dropped her off and been gone before I even knew she was there. But instead he waited until she rang my bell and I opened the front door..and then I still wouldn't have been looking out to the street...but he honked the horn as he pulled around so that the driver's side window was facing my house, so I looked up and he had the window down and he just sat there looking at me for a second (her back was to him and the street). I gave him no reaction, even as I looked at him I didn't smile or anything. He smiled at me, and then he drove away.

Why? Why even make sure i saw him? He could have easily been gone and not seen me. But he did that on purpose. WHY??? He made it more than crystal clear the last time we saw each other that we were done, that there was no way we could see each other anymore, and that he could not and would not be around me because he can't control himself, that his priority is his marriage and because of his lack of control with me when I am in his presence, that he cannot and will not see me. Ever. So WHY put himself in my eyes? Jerk!

Edited by littlemermaid

Because of this very thread.......... you're all worked up, you're thinking of him, it brings it all up, and he's got you once again....... that's why.

• Like 1
  • Author
littlemermaid
Because of this very thread.......... you're all worked up, you're thinking of him, it brings it all up, and he's got you once again....... that's why.

True enough, Rick...but why does he care if he's "got" me? Why does he want me to care? I'm not the one who ended it. He did.

True enough, Rick...but why does he care if he's "got" me? Why does he want me to care? I'm not the one who ended it. He did.

Ok, so let me ask you this. XMW ended it with me as well. Soo, why would she stalk my FB page, why did she linger around the school when we picked up our kids even though mine came out well after hers. Why did she leave the parking lot at the same time I did or stop behind me at a red light with her vehicle off set to the left so that she'd be in my sideview mirror? And I could go on...so .... why?

Is it love, the addiction of seeing that person and getting the fix, is it an ego boost knowing you have the power and seeing the other person react to your presence, a fishing expedition, cast the hook (smile), see if you get a bite (attention)

• Like 2
Ok, so let me ask you this. XMW ended it with me as well. Soo, why would she stalk my FB page, why did she linger around the school when we picked up our kids even though mine came out well after hers. Why did she leave the parking lot at the same time I did or stop behind me at a red light with her vehicle off set to the left so that she'd be in my sideview mirror? And I could go on...so .... why?

Is it love, the addiction of seeing that person and getting the fix, is it an ego boost knowing you have the power and seeing the other person react to your presence, a fishing expedition, cast the hook (smile), see if you get a bite (attention)

I think its simpler.

He's being a douche-bag and enjoying seeing you squirm. The smirk is what sealed it for me...

• Like 2
  • Author
littlemermaid
I think its simpler.

He's being a douche-bag and enjoying seeing you squirm. The smirk is what sealed it for me...

I don't think he was trying to be a jerk, it was a real smile and not a smirk (he's got quite a smirk when he is trying to, this wasn't it). Also, he already knows I'm not happy with him because of his behavior a couple of weeks ago and something he did, we didn't leave things on particularly nice terms, so I doubt he would want to antagonize me when he was leaving his wife with me. Who knows what I might say???? ;)

Thanks Rick...I thought it was something along those lines. Sigh.

gettingstronger

Yeah not being a jerk by dropping his wife at his exAPs house and making sure you both stood uncomfortably on your door step. Really? He is a jerk. Don't let him manipulate you like that.

• Like 1
  • Author
littlemermaid
Yeah not being a jerk by dropping his wife at his exAPs house and making sure you both stood uncomfortably on your door step. Really? He is a jerk. Don't let him manipulate you like that.

Whatever he was doing, it doesn't matter I guess, because I will never contact him and he knows this very, very well. His W wasn't uncomfortable, she didn't notice what he was doing and even if she did, she would think he was just saying hello to me and would think nothing of that. She doesn't know anything. I was the only one who was uncomfortable...I was just shocked that he would do that. Maybe he was trying to look normal in front of her. But like I said, he could have been gone. He wanted to see me, and for me to see him.