Working and staying friends with mm

Hi all

I am new here and would like some advice on how to handle being friend with exmm. I am miserable right now, he the mm i had a brief affair with during this summer wants us to stay close after ending the a. I agreed because I care so much about him. But it hurts me all day and everyday to see him everyday. It hurts me he is no longer sweet as he used to be, which often time makes me sad and angry, well the situation brings out the worst in me, so we fight a lot, and still he insist on us being friends.

We ended the a a month ago, while his marriage is -( to my big surprise) getting better. I know I should be glad, but I am not. I never would have entered the affair if I knew his marriage weren't as bad as he let me know at the time, or if I knew how much he is deppendt of his wife and her keeping their household together as I suspect him to be a bit irresponsible with money.

He says he is miserable too and don't know what to do, but why not leave the marriage then? I don't know what to do anymore, I want to be a good friend cause I know I did wrong to his wife.

There are no kids in the picture btw. And wife doesn't know about us, but is not happy with me. Perhaps she suspected something as she went through his phone.

Should i go nc or can it work out in the end?

I am new here and would like some advice on how to handle being friend with exmm.

You can't. At least not while you still have feelings for him.

I am friends with all my Ex's except one. Those friendships did not occur immediately after the end of the relationship, but only have a significant amount of time -- and NO CONTACT -- transpired to allow the heart and soul heal.

I want to be a good friend cause I know I did wrong to his wife.

Should i go nc or can it work out in the end?

The best friend you could be would be to go No Contact 100% and move on.

No! No friends! He wants you stroking his ego, don't!

Get a new job and don't communicate with him.

You deserve better! Never settle!