Major Life Event's affect on affair

Have you or your AP went through a major life event during the course of your affair? (ie. new baby, miscarriage, death of parent etc)

How did this effect your affair? Did it cause distance? End things? Bring you closer?

The MM I'm involved recently experienced the birth of his first child. He has been checked out of our relationship because he is taking on most of the child care role at this time. I don't really want to hear the lovey dovey details(and Facebook photos) of the happy family, therefore I have distanced myself from him as well to save myself from the hurt. I don't know where we go from here but I don't feel that asking is appropriate either.:(

That has to hurt. It's also a real reality check though.

So, why not really take time to think about what it is you're getting from him and where things are heading with the two of you. Look at this from all angles and sides, put yourself in each persons shoes.

My suggestion though is to end things. The guy has a new born, his 1st child and you don't want to compete or take time away from his baby. Your head knows this, even if your heart doesn't.

• Like 2
underwater2010

My FWH suffered the loss of his father in law and the conception of our third child. I believe it helped end it or at least put a damper on the EA. I do know that once I was pregnant any suggestions made by MOW where turned down.