Advice on a past love.....

I'm new here. :)

I've been confiding in a male friend of mine, which I know I'm not being totally honest. I have a lot more male friends than female friends, if that helps out my current position. :D

Found this site, and it's the only one I could find to find any suggestions/advice about my current status.

I did read some of these topics, and boy, do they hit the target, about the over-whelming feelings.

My case:

In 1987 (Army) I've met a Drill Sergeant at Fort Dix, New Jersey. We have had a couple of dates, and had exchanged 1 dogtag. We never, slept together. We had orders to go our seperate ways. Which we did.

Years later, (exactly 2003) I moved in a town, which is small. In California. I happened to bumped into the ex-drill sergeant. How nerve wracking that was. I am a mother of 2. He is married, and with children of his own. He is a teacher at my son's school.

I feel such a STRONG attraction towards him. We both are married, and have children. He is being professional, and talking to me, about my son. I feel he is interested. He constantly waves at me, and making eye-contact, and holding it, if that matters. I know I am interested. But am holding back my feelings. I can't stop thinking about him.

I'm 38 (soon) and he'll be 46 (soon), I know 'cause of the dog tag.

I want to see him so much, and I feel he does too. He may be holding back, because we both are married, with children. I don't want to destroy what he has...and by saying this, I know I should turn away...but, I don't want to. I know this doesn't require a brain scientist.

Barbara Mandrell's song - If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right....keeps going through my head.

Heck, Yes, I know, this isn't right. My husband, has been my only lover.

I type this after having a few beers, 'cause I feel this is the time when I can be most honest.

I do want to see him. And I know if he asked me to meet him, I would. Any males out there care to take any input on this?? I know it's wrong, and it's only sex. And is that what a male wants??? Maybe and maybe not.

I can continue with more conflicting feelings....but I won't. And am thinking, already, is what I'll hear, I should turn away...but I don't want too...

Appreciate all input...

Lost, in fantasizing...

DzRed66

Thinkalot

Well, yes, I am going to say what you expected to hear: turn away from this situation. Do not get involved with this man. You both have committments to your spouses and your family now. Do not give into those feelings..in most cases like this, if a person cheats, hurt and pain follow the initial passion and excitement.

First of all, I smile, painfully, at your mention of the lyrics, "If loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right". I have heard that song in my head many times!

Please don't get involved with this man. Please? Read through the posts on here and see how much pain there is in relationships with married people - for all sides. In your potential case - look at how many people will end up hurt -- you are both married, right? - and for what?

Just walk on by.....walk on by....

• Author

Yes, that is what I need to do. Maybe with summer vacation, the feelings will go away...got to take it one day at a time. I will read more here.

Thx

DzRed66

• 1 month later...
  • Author

Thanks for the answers.

Since school has been out, I'm not always day dreaming, night dreaming about him. But then maybe it's because my husband has been paying more attention to me.

Long story short. I used to ride a motorcycle about 17 years ago, gave it up and married my hubby. He recently said I could have a bike (maybe it's because he has a new boat??), so got myself one. :cool::cool: My hubby isn't interested in riding (his older brother is a paralegic (spell?) and brain damage from carelessly, wrecklessly riding in the 70's, and that is why I sold my bike when I married. Knew the parents were against them). :(

Any hoot, I think my hubby likes me on my motorcycle. He says he might even join me in a year or 2.

The motorcycle has definelty kept my mind off the old flame. :)

Hopefully there is no back sliding thinking in the future.... :o

DzzRed66:cool: :cool: