an acquaintance of mine cheating on his girlfriend

i have a situational friend whom i know to be cheating on his long term woman. (by his admission and that of his OW) the real woman, evidently, (this is second hand) has been told by another what this guy is up to, but choose not to believe it.

i just need to be reinforced that i should stolidly mind my own business. this is not my concern and never will be; i have made the mistake of telling before :(.

CaterpillarGirl

"A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." - Simon & Garfunkel

Well, woman, in this case.

She has been told. She doesn't believe it. If you corroborate this, she will most likely be angry with you. Keep your silence, and offer your support when the whole thing falls apart.

-CG

Darkangelism

Yes keep your mouth shut, it doesnt help you to get invlved. She will figure it out for herself.

Just as sure as she would forgive him and blame the other woman if she caught him red handed.....she will delude herself in not believing it if you tell her to begin with.

Perhaps you should consider telling HIM instead and giving him the opportunity of changing the situation or confessing to her himself. At least you'll feel as though you did something towards trying to spare her the pain of catching him.

I understand you wanting to tell her, but it never seems to work out when people chose this route.