Telling the wife or husband?

If you mean being the other woman/other man and telling your partner's spouse, well, I couldn't speak to that...

But if you mean telling a friend that the wife/husband was out foolin' around, I have an idea about that. Hard to say for sure, but I always felt like I wished someone had said something to me. In my first marriage (4/83-4/90), I learned after the fact that there were a number of people who knew. I was pissed that they did not say anything to me about it when I sure wished that they had.

It was pointed out to me - and not without reason - that I might not have even listened. In retrospect, I know of details and clues that I chose to ignore, being firmly in denial.

I told a friend that her husband was probably cheating on her and had been spotted going into a motel at lunch with another woman.

She was mad at me for a while, but after she confirmed and confronted him and got a divorce she was glad that I had told her. It made a difference to her knowing about it and doing something about it relatively early after the affair had begun versus spending a lifetime with someone and finding out that he'd been having affairs all along, or early on.

• Author

I mean being the other woman and telling the wife/girlfriend/whatever. I might not be able to tell a friend right up front but I would find a sneaky way of letting her know. I wouldn't want her to be made a fool.

Honey, you go out and tell if you are any kind of friend at all. You could start by saying that it's probably nothin... but I saw something that looked a bit suspicious.

Tell em to go and figure it out on their own. Ask them if there are any kind of different habits coming along. You know - like phone calls coming in that are wrong numbers or hang-ups on you. What about phone calls that they make and kinda go into another room and talk quietly and stuff.

One of my girlfriends found out after going on www DontBeCheated dot com how to figure out if something is going on behind your back - and its free. It comes to you by email - you can just enter your friend's email instead of yours so she gets it without even knowing it was you.

Well anyway, my friend - she found out her husband was bringing the girlfriend home at lunch to have her encounter in her own bed! Can you imagine? She was a door mat and didn't even know it.

Your friend - she gonna be pissed at you a bit but after she will thank you.