Seems like I'm *always* the other man

All the girls I meet have close ex-boyfriends and keep going back to them (or at least staying away from me, citing the recent breakup as cause) and it's frustrating. Is there a remedy for this or shall we just call it *really* bad luck? Or maybe I'm being BSed? It is a bit of a cliche...

ThisGirlNameKD

No it's not BS. Some girls just can't let go of the ex. But for future references, take your time to learn if there is an ex lurking somewhere before you involved, this way you won't always be the "other man".

If a girl is fresh after a break-up, it's best to keep some distance until she's fully over the ex. If she's BSing, that means she doesn't like you, so it's better to stay away in this case, as well.

good luck,

-yes

Get the girl to "commit" to you and then break up immediately, thereby YOU will be the ex and the man of the hour... :p

Originally posted by Papillon

Get the girl to "commit" to you and then break up immediately, thereby YOU will be the ex and the man of the hour... :p

Lol. That's funny because with some girls that is partly true! :laugh: .

Jon S. I kind of know how you feel. I am a girl and I get guys who do the exact same thing. It is so frustrating.

I also seem to end up dating guys who have kids as well which I know I don't really want. I hate it because I know that there is always gonna be another woman involved in the relationship whether I like it or not and she and the kids (Especially the kids. Maybe not so much the ex) will probably come first before he even thinks about being/dealing with me. You also always have that feeling in the back of your mind if that they are still in love with their ex even if they have broken up years ago.

The feeling is even worse when the brake up is just recent. With the ex. I was right about that one. The bastard went back to her. She can barely look after herself let alone a baby. The druggo shaven headed skank. :eek: . Probably made the prick feel sorry for her saying she was gonna kill herself and all that crap. I was like the total opposite to her and he still went back to the bitch. That's just an example. I'm over it now. I just don't like what my ex did to me.

From now on I guess I am just gonna have the guts to ask straight out whether the guy has any kids and if they've cut off all contact with their exes.