my heart is breaking

loosing the one you love.

breaking up is hard to do, especially when it is your best friend, soul mate, and first affair all in one. i dont feel like it will ever be over for me. i feel like i will carry this hurt forever.

my heart is breaking. i have had no response by him. i do not know if my husband and i are even compatible. which i dont think we are. i love my husband, but i love him like a brother. he has never shown me true love and we have no spiritual bond or connection.

i am absolutely a wreck today, and that is why i am writing. i am falling apart at the seams.

i am so scared of giving up the love of my life.

I'm sorry you're hurting. I'm not sure of your situation really, but wanted to let you know I care. Hang in there.

Kkat

thanks for the reply. i have been married to a man for 5 years that shows me absolutely NO affection and criticizes my every move. i fell in love with my best friend and had an affair. but to sum it all up, he couldnt handle the divorce, and all of the stuff that goes along with it. now, i am sitting here, in a marriage, that is okay, but not enough. i dont want to live my life like this forever. and i dont want to loose the one i love. who is now with a rebound, what luck!

loveholly31 I feel for you I really do you sound at your wits end..

But I dont think you should be in a marriage that makes you this miserable you cant carry on being with someone you do not want to be with and who doesn;t show you the affection and love that you need... It is time to address this and get it sorted out.. you say you have lost the love of your life maybe if you had addressed the fact that you are with the wrong guy you wouldn;t have lost him.. there is still time if you are with the wrong guy do something about it.. its not fair on him or you..

act now or your misery will not end!!!

before you doom yourself to a life of marital dreariness, consider doing something proactive for your marriage once you get through this emotional state of a complete affair. You might surprise yourself and see that you actually do have the "right" kind of feeliings for your spouse, but didn't recognize them.

I've seen Marriage Builders mentioned on this site many a time; I personally vouch for the Marriage Encounter weekend. However, both are good tools to help you and your spouse learn how to effectively communicate.

this is not a guarantee to "fix" your marriage, but give you a better idea of how help it work -- or walk away from it completely. Getting involved in an extra-marital affair doesn't seem to me like a good solution, because in the end, someone gets left behind, someone gets hurt and no one really wins.

good luck.

<URL removed>

And don't wait for your ex to respond. He has decided to protect his marriage. Or his wife may have flushed his cellphone. Cherish what you had, then work on <removed> stuff for a month and come back here and tell us how far you've come.