Do I Keep Working for the Married Man I just broke up w/?

We've been friends for two years and had many important projects and dreams we shared together so I'm very hurt by all of this...

It's a great paying job but things have soured between us...you know the usual complaint here.....he kept bouncing back from me to her (she has moved out)

but as of late, the love notes, lunches and "i love you"s have stopped

and i was just passed up for a trip i had earned fair and square...

(after i broke it off, of course)

he also yelled at me on the phone today.

i'm a single mom and really need this job but i feel used, humiliated, stupid, niave and really pissed.

how should i act and what should i do when we have our morning meeting tomorrow? if i need to leave, how do i do it?

i want my dignity back, dammit!

ArdeaCandidissima

What a horrible situation. Your love life and your job are fouled up. I really can't see a happy or successful future for you there.

What to do? Leave, of course. The only real decision...whether to leave immediately, and start looking for a new job, or whether to keep the current job while looking. This depends on your finances and the job market.

Keep in mind...he cannot fire you in retaliation for the affair or its breakup without risking a civil suit by you. If you have documentary evidence that you can easily secure (print out emails, save hotel receipts, write down dates and places, etc.), I would certainly do so. It's your ace in the hole if things turn even nastier (demotion, firing).

Good luck!

VASH THE STAMPEDE

I would have to agree with Ardea .

If you must absolutely leave the meeting ,asked to be excused from it without causing attention.