Hes married and needing someone to talk to. Call him or no?

[font=arial][/font]

I met a married man 2 weeks ago. He gave me his phone number. I can't stop thinking about him. My friend has known him for a few years and she says he has never given his number out before. She says that she thought that he loves his wife. I know that everyone thinks it is wrong to cheat. But if someone must cheat, they are not happy to begin with. I have not called him YET.

We talked for two hours the day we met. He sounds like a nice person, someone i could get along with fine. I do not want a relationship with anyone until I get my degree(which is two years away). I am wondering how it would be if we just got together every once in while, no relationship, just the company of one another. I just want to call him and talk to him, but i don't know what to do. The longer I wait to call him, the more I think about him. I even am dreaming of him at night. He seen my friend the other day and asked her why I haven't called him, and she told him it was because he was married. He replied to her that there was no harm in talking to someone over the phone. He just wants someone to talk to! Really, whats the harm in talking to someone?!

You're wondering if you should call him? Well gee, why don't you just call up his wife and ask her if she'd approve of you and her husband conversing.

*shaking head*

But seriously, awwwwww, the poor guy is JUST looking for some woman other than his wife to talk to. What's a poor guy to do? I mean, it's just harmless talking with a woman other than the woman he married and committed himself and his faithfulness and loyalty to.

NOW BACK TO REALITY:

How would you feel if you were someone's wife and your husband was wanting to talk to other women, college girls no less? You think he just wants to discuss fashion trends and exchange apple pie recipes? He's a sneaky snake who has a wife he should be talking to, and confiding in.

The slippery slope always starts out subtly. Just an innocent conversation, then it's meeting, then it's a kiss, then it's a roll in the sheets, then it's a torrid affair.

You already admit to thinking about him a lot. You shouldn't be allowing yourself to be thinking about someone else's husband. And if you have any class or self respect, you would lose his number.

Save yourself a lot of heartache, loose the number and concentrate on your educational goals. Don't ignore the slippery slope thing, it happens I know from experience. It's better to stay on level ground.

So the man is having problems in his marriage and he's gonna turn to a college girl to have someone to talk to. Riiiiiiiiight............ :rolleyes:

Let me put it plainly for you. The man gave you his phone number because he wants a little playmate on the side to use for sex and to build up his faltering ego. You'd be like a prostitute only you wouldn't be getting paid.

If you're smart, you'll lose his phone number and show some respect for his wife and yourself. Otherwise, we'll just sit back and wait for you to post a bunch of threads about how your married lover forgot your birthday, you're so lonely, your married lover doesn't treat you well, blah, blah, blah....

I know that everyone thinks it is wrong to cheat. But if someone must cheat, they are not happy to begin with.

No such thing as "must." Those who cheat make a conscious "choice" to do so...and yes, they will often justify it by claiming it was because they were "unhappy."

Truth is, it's the coward's way out. If he were a rational, more considerate man, he would work on his marriage or at least be kind enough release his wife from a relationship built on lies.

This man needs to be confiding in a therapist rather then taking advantage of naive college girls. And if all he really wants is an innocent friendship, than perhaps he has already informed his wife that he has given a young lady his phone number.

After all, those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

The prior posts awre absolutely correct. DO NOT CALL HIM!

There is not reason why you should call him. It's not good for you and not good for him.

Find your own guy to "talk to". College is one of the biggest opportunities to meet many guys of good quality...take advantage of it.

Finally, say you did start a "friendship" with him...what do you expect to gain from it except a broken heart. And don't forget, you'd be hurting others too.

Women who mess around with married men don't realize how many people your effecting. It's not just the married man and his wife, it's their kids, their entire families.

Have a little respect for yourself and find a man that wants you, and only you...no need to share a man with anyone.